Chapter 61: Full Moon (2)
185 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Master's hands glowed and she stretched both of her arms to form a small ‘U’ shape and items started to pop out and fall to the ground. They appeared in order—a lot of candles, a can of what appears to be some sort of salt inside, and lastly, a book. The book was caught by the Master instead of letting it fall to the ground.

Looking at the book, it looked old but can see that it was well preserved and the cover look menacing like some sort of forbidden witch book.

Keira couldn’t help but ask, “Is this the book you stole from your elders?”

The Master smiled, “Yes, it is.”

Kera then glance at the candles that formed a small hill and the can of salt sitting on top. Keira pointed her hands at the items on the ground, “Is this what you had to ‘prepare’?”

“Hey! Those aren’t some normal candles! I made them myself yesterday by stea—gathering a lot of resources from the temple.” The Master straightaway corrected her mistake.

Keira took one of the candles and expected it, “Yeah, it doesn’t look and feel like normal wax candles.”

The candles felt sturdier and had a more rough texture than a normal candle. Observing it closely, you could even see some symbols plastered all over the candle. Keira looked at the can of salt.

“Then are those made by you too?”

“Oh, that? No, I took them from the kitchen on the temple.”

“Ah…”

“Well anyway, now that you are done looking at the materials let us prepare so we could actually get started. We have wasted almost 10 minutes now.”

The Master waved her hand around and the candles actually floated and followed the flow of her fingers. The candles placed themselves on the ground forming a circle. The majority of the candles were scattered outside the circle like it was placed there to support the main candles. The can of salt also floated and completed the circle of the candles by filling in the gaps. The Master moved her hands again. The lights in the bedroom turned off, leaving the room dark with only the bright moon lighting the whole room. Subsequently, the candles that were laid on the ground were lit one after the other.

Keira looked in doubt about how the materials were placed, “Are you sure that we are guiding my soul or summoning a ghost?”

“Ha! Stop talking nonsense and get in the circle.”

Keira looked at the ominous-looking circle and nervously stepped into the circle. She faced the Master and then inquired, “Then what?”

“Lay down.”

“Are you really not sacrificing my soul to the devil?”

The Master sneered, “You better lay down now, or else, I’ll really offer your soul to the devil and have it occupy your body.”

Keira saw the scary expression the Master was wearing and immediately laid down on the cold floor. From the looks on the Master’s face, Keira believed that the Master would really offer her soul.

The Master smiled in satisfaction, “Now that you are all settled. I want you to close your eyes and no matter what you do, don’t ever open them. That is of course, if you want your soul to be forever lost in the abyss then feel free to do so.”

“Haha… I’ll take your advice and preserve my soul.” Keira closed her eyes shut as the Master instructed.

“Okay, I will begin now.” The Master announced before mumbling something under her breath, “I hope that other unique soul won’t notice anything…”

“Huh, what was that?” Keira asked while having her eyes still closed.

“Nothing, don’t talk anymore.”

The book in the Master’s hand floated in front of her and opened. The papers turned until they stopped on a specific page. The Master took a deep breath and closed her eyes, before opening them again, but this time, her gold irises were glowing her signature golden color.

She held out both of her arms and the room glowed a soft gold color. The ground where Keira was laying down, formed an intricate pattern, similar to that of a pentagram. If someone were to look at the scene of the pattern carving itself on the concrete floor would leave anyone amazed.

After the pattern was fully drawn, The Master began chanting the spells that were written in the book. Keira could not see anything but could feel a warm feeling engulf her body like she was covered by a very comfortable blanket. She started to feel drowsy from the warm feeling and with her eyes closed, and occasional gentle winds hitting her face, she wanted to fall asleep directly.

‘It won’t disturb the spell, as the Master only mentioned that I have to keep my eyes shut. So getting a shut eye… will not be… bad…”

Keira fell asleep like she was hypnotized by something that she wasn’t even able to finish her thoughts and ask System 999 about Ezekiel.

Two hours had already passed and the Master was already more than halfway done with the spell. She finished laying out a path for Keira to safely follow. Now all she needs to do is to actually extract Keira’s soul out of her body and guide her toward the path that Master prepared.

‘And for her to guide the soul… ‘ The Master looked at the peacefully sleeping Keira.

The Master had to kill Keira for her soul to escape the body.

And when that happens she just needed to cast another spell for Keira’s soul to actually follow the path without any problems.

Actually, Keira didn’t fall asleep due to the spell, but because the Master cast a sleeping spell on her. Not only to make it easier for herself but also to make it easier for the Master to ‘extract’ Keira’s soul.

An item that the Master also prepared beforehand appeared on her hand, which she didn’t show to Keira for she knows the curious nature of Keira’s soul.

She was now holding a knife.

Just as the Master were to take a step forward, the symbol in the middle of the room that formed the barrier shook and quickly dissipated. The Master’s eyes grew wide in disbelief. This was an extremely powerful barrier and she just watched it disappear in front of her like it was nothing.

The supposed locked doorknob, then twisted. 

4