Chapter 78: Willing To Do Anything For You(2)
152 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Y—you..! You lunatic! You beast!”

Keira shouted insults because she was mad after being taken advantage of by Adage while she was greatly shaken. Though she was also trying to hide and cover her embarrassment, her heart was still beating rapidly from their kissing session. Keira remembered the moans she unintentionally released earlier and her blushed face became even redder.

“Get out!” She was trying so hard to mask her discomposure. However, this was all futile in Adage’s eyes. He could evidently see the cute expression Keira was wearing and it made his heavy heart become lighter.

He leaned back to her face again, in which Keira immediately leaned back. Adage was still quick enough to land a small peck on her forehead. He smiled in satisfaction.

“Okay, I’ll go out and prepare another warm meal for you to eat.”

“To hell with your meal! I won’t eat whatever you bring me!” Keira shouted in annoyance.

Adage who was about to leave the room stopped in his tracks. He looked back and his happy expression was nowhere to be found. This actually made Keira scared, but she refused to show it on her face.

His face was dim, “No. I will let you eat, even if I have to force you to.”

Keira could hear the seriousness in his voice. She truly believed that if she were to deny Adage’s food once more, he would force her to eat by shoving it down her throat. So when Adage said those words, Keira made no other comments.

Showed a bright handsome smile again and said, “Okay… I’ll go now. I’ll be quick.” Before leaving the room once again.

Keira was left dumbfounded after what had happened. She could still feel her swollen lips and the small hickey resting on her neck. She didn't know how to process everything that had happened.

Just as Adage said, it wasn’t even 10 minutes later that he came back with a tray in his hand containing hot food. Keira wanted to remain angry and go on a hunger strike, but the moment Keira showed a hint of hesitation in eating the easily digestible delicacies Adage’s eyes would immediately darken. So Keira could only grit her teeth and forced herself to swallow the food. To her surprise, the food tasted so good that without her noticing, she was already gobbling up the food in the tray one by one.

Adage didn’t feed her this time. He didn’t want to push Keira too far, thus decided to just watch her eat in the corner of the bed, passing more food closer to her after she finished one dish. He smiled in contentment seeing his beloved easily devour his cooking one after another.

After eating, Keira felt full and was now beginning to feel drowsy. Adage handed her a bowl of medicine.

“It’s for your wounds.” He commented.

Keira looked at the bowl that was filled to the brim with dark liquid. She scrunched her nose in disgust. She had forgotten that the majority of the medicine in this world only offer tonics and medicine in soup form and not in pills.

Adage encouraged her by saying, “It’s not as bitter as you might think. I asked the physician to make it sweeter for you. I also have a candy prepared for you to wash the aftertaste.”

Keira looked at Adage pleadingly. She really didn’t want to digest this repugnant soup. Adage sighed and gently shoved the bowl of medicine in her hand to her mouth. Keira recoiled her head away. Adage felt amused but still persisted her.

“Come on, drink the medicine. It’s really not that bitter.”

Keira was still resolute in refusing to take the medicine. In order to convince Keira to drink the medicine, he grabbed the bowl and took a small sip. Keira looked at Adage who really took a large sip of medicine, checking if his expression changed even slightly. However, Adage revealed the same expression, and he didn’t even twitch after taking the medicine.

“See? It’s not that bitter. Here, drink the rest up.” Adage handed the bowl that was still almost filled to the top to Keira.

She reflected, ‘it must really not be that bitter, as Adage’s expression didn’t even change.’

Keira looked at the liquid inside the bowl again. She sneaked a glance back to Adage again, in one last attempt to sway him to have her not drink the medicine. Adage only revealed an encouraging smile; hence, Keira could only give in.

‘Just one big gulp Keira. You can do it!’

Keira touched the corner of the bowl with her lips and lifted the bowl. She downed the medicine in one go. Each gulp made the expression on her face become ugly. Finishing the bowl to its last drop, Keira had the urge to vomit everything out from the revolting taste.

She cursed in her mind, ‘He fucking lied! It’s so bitter!’

Adage acted quickly and plopped the candy into her mouth. Keira stopped in her tracks and sucked the sweet candy in her mouth. The bitter taste quickly disappeared and was replaced by a sweet strawberry flavor. Whilst sucking on the candy, Keira shot a glare at Adage.

“You said it won’t be bitter! You liar!”

Adage let out a light laugh, “Yes, yes, I lied. I’m sorry. Will you forgive me?”

“Scram! I still haven’t forgiven you for anything!”

As always, Adage didn’t listen to any of Keira’s grumbles. He tucked her back in and landed a soft kiss on her lips and forehead before she could protest.

“Sleep well.”

Keira paid Adage no mind and covered her head with the quilt, hiding her face from Adage’s view. Adage smiled before exiting the room. Keira peeked her head, looking if Adage really had left the room. Seeing no black-robed figure nearby, Keira exhaled a sigh of relief before letting her head breathe freely. She was not the type to sleep with her face covered because she would feel claustrophobic.

Keira positioned her head in a comfortable manner, surrounded by soft pillows. Sleepiness had already dawned on her earlier so it was not long after she landed in a comfortable position that she promptly fell asleep. 

 

Will continue uploading the 2 chapters tomorrow! 

5