Chapter 81: I Will Be Your Legs(1)
137 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that her attention was drifting away from him, Adage called out to Keira again.

“Do you want to take a walk an afternoon walk?”

Keira, “...”

“Oh, of course, we have to wait a bit for the sun to settle since it is still midday. I don’t want you to overheat while out on a walk with me.”

‘Haa… he looks cute like a dog, but also sure bites like one to your sore spots.’

Keira jeered, “Hah! Are you a dog? Why are you always bringing up going for walks when you know full well my body isn’t capable of doing that any more after what you have done? Or are you merely making fun of me again like before?”

Adage leisurely pulled back and slowly draw his gaze to her bandaged ankle. Keira felt uncomfortable and wanted to hide away her disabled feet but Adage stopped her, holding both her feet with his hands. He gently lifted one of her feet with great care; inspecting it like a proud piece of work that he did.

His husky voice with his fervent eyes talked, “If you’d like, I would gladly become your dog.”

Keira remarked, “A dog but is the one holding the leash. Do you know how ridiculous you sound?”

He brought her foot near his mouth, and softly kissed the broken ankle. He closed his eyes like he was trying to savor the moment and soak everything in. When he opened those pair of eyes again, Keira felt her breath stuck in her throat. His intent gaze was displaying penetrating sentiment.

“If you don’t want me to become your dog… I can become your legs.”

Just like Keira was watching Adage closely, Adage was also closely watching her at the same time. But his stare was more of a hunter closely eyeing its small prey than a wary person staring at its enemy like Keira’s.

A moment ago, Keira viewed him as an adorable dog that just loves to bite its owner for fun and affection, now it was more accurate to say that it was like an untamed wild beast readily eyeing its prey. She felt stupid for thinking in such a manner earlier.

Adage spoke again while gently caressing her leg which made Keira form goosebumps on her skin.

“I will be your legs… So command me. Tell me where to take you and I would gladly accompany you.”

“Then take me far away from the palace. Far away from you.”

Adage let out a deep laugh. He gently put her leg back to the ground and went back to lay his head on her lap, looking at her from below.

He smiled, “A person and his legs could never be apart, lest the person decided to dismember his body and be left there to bleed to death and die together with his other half.”

‘His indirectly telling me that if I choose to cut him off, he would kill me and himself right?!’

“T—then… What if, the person still managed to live despite having no pair of legs?”

Adage’s smile grew to a terrifying extent, “Then the person should not be surprised if the pair of legs suddenly walk up and follow after him.”

Keira felt her head hurting from talking nonsense with this male lead but still replied.

“How could a pair of legs suddenly walk by itself?”

Adage let out a light chuckle, “Anything is possible Keira… Just as possible as this pair of legs chased you to this world.”

Keira averted her gaze from Adage. She could hear the fast pounding of her heart. She reflected, ‘It felt really different if the male lead himself mentions this oddity. Like how could his soul follow me? Is it thanks to the bug? But it is as he says… anything is possible, so I should ready myself for whatever is about to come—especially the news that System 999 would bring.’

“What’s this?” Keira asked, pointing at the wooden wheelchair brought by a servant inside the room.

Adage revealed a smile, “It’s not hot anymore outside, we can take a walk.”

Without warning, Adage lifted Keira who was sitting on the couch. Keira let out a yelp as she held onto Adage’s neck in a panic. Adage who heard Keira’s small cry, let out a deep chuckle and proceeded to walk to the lonely wooden wheelchair.

“Oh.”

Keira was actually a bit surprised. Her butt was expecting a rough feeling but was instead greeted with a warm embrace from the soft cushion. Despite being mostly made out of wood, the seat was cushioned and the back also had some good support, making it surprisingly comfortable to sit in. Even the armrest had some soft pads.

Adage carefully placed Keira’s disabled legs on the leg support of the wheelchair. Once everything was situated, Adage took a step backward and saw Keira being comfortable on the chair with the warm hue of the afternoon sun that was penetrating through the large window panes.

‘Beautiful.’ Is all that Adage could currently express.

Keira who could already see Adage’s gawking eyes felt annoyed once again.

“I thought we were going to take a walk? It seems like you would prefer standing there and staring at me all day long. “

“I could also do that if you would allow me to…”

Keira, “...”

Thankfully, after making that comment, Adage went behind Keira and began pushing the wheelchair outside. The door opened, and the servants that were waiting outside bowed at their passing emperor as Adage continued to push Keira through the hallways. Keira even saw a familiar face.

‘Isn’t that Adage’s attendant?’

Adage’s attendant also had his head bow as they passed by, but if Keira were to ask the attendant to raise his head, she would see the large bags under the attendant’s eyes after Adage left almost all the tedious work to him.

When Keira and Adage had completely left the hallway, the servants raised their heads again and began to continue on with their duty. The attendant looked at the door where they left and felt curious yet aggrieved by the woman that enamored His Majesty, that not only made the emperor punish him for losing her, but also dump all the work on him so the emperor could make time for this newly found concubine!

That’s right, the people in the palace viewed Keira as His Majesty’s first concubine, seeing how their emperor was greatly infatuated with the assassin that once tried to take his very own life, even freeing her from a death sentence and actually asked the palace servants to take extreme care for her. They could only conclude that His Majesty was bewitched by the beauty of the dangerous assassin.

‘I guess His Majesty had finally moved on from his first love and finally found a new woman who may carry His Majesty’s lineage. Though I highly doubt the ministers would approve of this decision.’

The haggard attendant let out a big sigh before also continuing on his own way.

Tweet. The birds chirping melodious melodies were heard. The flowers and plants sway with the small breeze that came by. Keira stretched her hand to the sky and covered some of the warm sunlight that hit her face. Adage continued leisurely guiding the wheelchair through the garden letting Keira take on the serene atmosphere.

It was indeed peaceful. Keira laid back in the wheelchair as she look at the slowly passing scenery of the different variety of flowers. She thought she would have an unpleasant time here with Adage, but Adage remained silent while he pushed her wheelchair. So Keira didn’t have any reason not to take on the beautiful view and take a breath of fresh air.

Keira somewhat had a hunch that this was just a momentary calm before the storm. She had a lot of things in mind and was constantly worried about her situation and now Leal’s, but she decided that at this very small moment, she wanted to forget all of that and just listen to the birds singing and leaves rustling… But even at this precise moment, Keira couldn’t have her minutes of peace as an alarm that she had been waiting for 5 days finally came.

Ding!

[System 999 is online.]

Advance Happy New Year to all! Sorry but will only be uploading two chapters today. I know I missed a lot of chapters but I hope you will let this slide hehe. Been busy with the holidays. However, the good news is—I will be going back to the regular sched by next week. Hopefully no more delays><

 

3