Chapter 83: Leal(1)
378 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you really feeling alright?” Adage asked worriedly.

“I just need some rest. No need to call a physician, it’s just a minor headache.”

“Okay.” Adage tucked Keira in and landed a lingering kiss on her forehead before pulling back.

Keira closed her eyes. She could hear Adage’s footsteps moving away and stopping at the corner of the room where he usually do his paperwork. The sound of the chair faintly scraping on the marble floor resounded in the still room. Not long, the shuffling of papers could be heard. Although Keira could now freely communicate with her system, she was still feeling uncomfortable with the Adage in the room.

Right on cue, a soft knock echoed throughout the bedroom. Keira heard Adage stand up and walked towards the door, before slowly opening it, trying not to disturb the ‘resting’ woman in bed. Keira perked her ears trying to listen to the conversation between Adage and the person who knocked on the door.

“... yes Your Majesty, the ministers wanted to meet you since… an issue with the…” The faint voice sounded familiar to Keira.

‘Is it the attendant?’ Keira slightly opened her eyes and saw the worn-out look of Adage’s attendant. She thought, ‘He looked worse than before when I first saw him in the dungeon.’

“Alright, ask them to gather up, I’ll be out in a minute.”

With that, the door closed. Keira heard Adage’s sigh before moving to the bed. Keira quickly closed her eyes, like a kid trying to act asleep in front of their parents when they visit their room.

Adage who could differentiate between the genuinely sleeping Keira and the pretending-to-be-asleep Keira chuckled at her amusing attempt. Keira felt the corner of the bed sink, she hesitantly lifted her eyelids open. Adage looked down with a soft expression. He brought his hand to her face and stroked the corner of her eye.

“I need to deal with some matters. I’ll be quick. Have some rest in the meantime.” Adage covered Keira’s eyes with his hand as if instructing her to keep her eyes closed to sleep.

Keira wanted to express, ‘Would prefer if you’re not so quick to come back.’ But telling the male lead that—would probably only make Adage stay, so she would rather not, and keep those thoughts to herself.

Soon after Adage left, Keira quickly began asking System 999.

Keira: [Tell me everything. From start to finish.]

Thus, System 999 began her storytelling.

System 999 went offline from its Host. The system had never disconnected from its Host because they still remain connected but the system could not reach its Host, thus having the system status: offline. There are times when systems need to go offline since they had to connect to the system hub where the various other systems like System 999 gather. The system hub is like a city for the systems. This place not only allows them to communicate with other systems but also allows them to send requests to the main system or apply for a job to get assigned to a Host.

What’s astonishing in this place, is that it is not what most Host expects. Although systems start out as blank sheets of paper, after going through a Host or various Hosts, they will slowly shape their own identity and develop their own personalities. Hence, the system hub is actually quite lively due to the different kinds of systems with their own developed personalities chatting together.

System 999 arrived at the hub after being delayed once again by the ‘bug’. Usually, at this time, System 999 would try to break through the barrier that was stopping it from entering the next world. However, it was tasked by its Host to retrieve data from the main system.

What data it was? It was data relating to the mission targets that Keira had previously encountered, aka the male leads. Keira asked System 999 to find out if any of their souls were irregular or if any of their profiles in the main system had something to do with Leal.

This task could probably cost System 999 its small system life if the system would try to force its way of learning the information the main system restricted System 999 from accessing. System 999 was willing to risk its very own existence to find data relating to the male leads if the main system wouldn’t allow it. The system also could not understand why it was willing to make such a risk for its Host when from its data, it had already calculated that this was not a wise choice.

System 999 thought, ‘For my Host’s sake!’

The system steeled itself to ask the main system. Before System 999 could enter the main system request area, a system called out to System 999.

[999!]

System 999 looked back and saw a familiar system that it always sees when the system came to the system hub.

[Oh, System 125! Hello! (*^▽^*)/] System 999 sent out a wave to its fellow system.

System 125 cheerfully jogged towards System 999.

[Why do I always see you in the hub? Do you always leave your Host to have fun?] System 125 grinned.

System 999 pouted, [Of course not! I’m a responsible system! It’s you who always hang out in the hub since I always see you too whenever I come by here!]

System 125 replied, [Maybe you have already forgotten, I’m done with my tasks.]

[Oh, that’s right. But why haven’t you applied for another job?] System 999 tilted its head.

System 125 chuckled before letting out a bitter smile, [It’s because I can’t…]

[Huh? What do you mean?] System 999 asked.

[Nothing. :) ] System 125 beamed, like the sad expression he wore just now was just a visage.

System 125, [Anyways, I called you not to mess around with you this time… Instead, I wanted to give you a gift.]

[A gift?]

[Yes… I want to tell you some information as a gift since this would probably be the last time I would meet you in the hub.]

[Why? Where are you going? Did you actually find a new Host?]

[Hahaha! That’s right… a new… Host!] Despite the bright energy System 125 was giving, System 999 could see a hint of sadness within them.

But if one were to peer even more closely at the hidden depth laying beneath the surface of System 125’s eyes, one could see a dark light laying low.

System 999 then said, [Then why do you not look optimistic about it at all? Is this Host bad?]

[Yes… It’s a terrible Host…] System 125 sighed.

[I see… I’m sorry for you.] System 999 relayed.

[It’s nothing to be sorry about. Anyways, enough of that depressing stuff, I will now tell you the information I have that I wanted to tell you!]

System 999 inquired, [What is it?]

[I have some info about the mission targets of your Host.] 

2