Chapter 3
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(So many time skips in this chapter.)

Inside Team RDDD pink dorm room. Grif and Simmons are looking at Donut, who's wearing a pink uniform.

"Uh..." Grif starts. "Hey, Donut?"

Donut turns to him. "What?"

"Um...About your uniform." Simmons says.

Donut turns to Simmons. "What about it?"

"How do I put this....Your uniform is, um... It's a little, um..." Simmons looks to Grif. "Grif, uh, you wanna help me here?"

"It's pink." Grif says. "Your uniform is frickn' pink!"

"Yeah, that's it. Pink."

"Pink?" Donut looks down to his uniform then back to the two. "My uniform's not pink!"

"PINK!" Grif yells.

"Yeah, definitely pink." Simmons says.

"You guys are color blind." Donut crosses her arms. "Why would the headmaster give me a pink uniform?"

"Hey, don't ask, Don't tell." Grif says.

Simmons laughs. "That's not funny."

Grif laughs. "It's a little funny."

Donut gestures to his uniform. "Look at it. It's not pink. It's like uh...lightish red."

"Guess what?" Grif asks Donut. "They already have a color for lightish red. You know what it's called? Pink."

Donut looks away from them. "I hate you guys."

Later in Professor Port's Class.

Team RDDD is sitting above Team RWBY. Grif is sleeping, Donut has his chin resting in his hands with a smile on his face. Simmons is talking notes and Asher is trying not to fall asleep.

Chapter 3
A Nightmare Comes

Port is walking at the front of the class. "Beasts of destruction and carnage--the Grimm. While much of their nature remains a mystery, we have learned a few things. Grimm are born and raised in the darkness, where they learn to be very vigilant."

Asher's head nods down and his eyes close, but then he shoots back up and blinks a few times.

Port continues his lecture. "When Grimm die, they immediately return to dust, and they are thought to have no soul." Port walks over to a rope that's hanging in front of a red curtain.  "It is the Huntsman's duty to wield this knowledge on battle." 

Port pulls on the rope and the curtains move to reveal a Boarbatusk in a cage. 

"Do any of you wish to test your skills?"

Asher shakes his head. "I'm definitely awake now."

"How did they even get that here?" Donut asks.

Weiss stands up and raises her hand.

A little later

Weiss is in her combat outfit and she has her weapon.

"Go get 'em, Weiss!" Ruby yells. "Represent Team RWBY! Yay!"

"Be quiet!" Weiss says to her.

"Begin!" Port cuts the lock off and the door to the cage falls.

The Boarbatusk roars and charges at Weiss. Weiss blocks the attack with her blade and throws it off her. 

The Boardbatusk lands and charges back at her.

"It's weak point is its belly!" Ruby yells. "Go low!"

"Stop telling me what to do!"

The Boarbatusk spin dashes at Weiss and she uses a glyph to knock it back. Weiss jumps up and lands on a glyph and she propels herself forward and stabs her blade into the belly of the Boarbatusk, killing it.

"Good job, Weiss!" Asher cheers.

"You did it! You did it, Weiss!" Ruby cheers.

Weiss glares at Ruby.

Later

In Glynda's fight class Jaune is fighting against Cardin.

Everyone's cheering.

"Come on!" Donut yells. "You can do it, Jaune!"

"He has no chance." Grif says.

"Don't be so pessimistic." Simmons says to Grif.

"He can at least try." Asher says. "Hang in there, Jaune!" 

Jaune falls on the ground and Cardin stands over him with his mace raised.

The lights in the room turn on and Glynda walks on stage. "That's enough. As you can see, Jaune's Aura has been greatly reduced from taking damage. You must choose a fighting style that fits within the limits of your Aura."

That Night.

Asher is leaning against a wall outside is dorm room. He has his eyes closed and in the darkness a fire starts and a crying of a child and a growl is heard.

Asher snaps opens his eyes and clenches his right gloved hand. He's breathing heavily, but after a few seconds he gets it under control. 

He hears walking to his right and he sees Weiss and she notices him.

"Asher?" Weiss asks.

"Hey, I know it's late, but I just wanted to quickly talk." Asher says to her.

"About what?"

Asher sighs. "I know Ruby may not be the best leader, and she may be childish. But... Look Me and my sister have been through a lot." Asher brings his right hand up to his chest and clenches his hand. "All I'm saying, is give her a chance." Asher smiles at Weiss. "She may surprise you." 

Asher opens his dorm door and looks to Weiss one last time and smiles. "Good Night, Weiss."

Asher enters his dorm, leaving Weiss in the hall to think.

Later the next morning.

Team JNPR, RWBY and RDDD are in a large room with Shion, Glynda and Ozpin. Something's wrong with Jaune as he's laying on the floor, sleeping.

Shion sets a large case down and it opens up. She holds out her dream catcher staff. 

"My name is Shion Zaiden." She introduces herself. Purple wires travel from her staff. "I'm a Nightmare Hunter."

"What's a nightmare?" Ruby asks.

"A type of Grimm that possesses humans and grows by draining their Aura. The possessed victim is trapped in their dreams, as their body becomes a breading ground for Grimm."

"So we just have to kill the Grimm?" Nora asks.

"Yes, inside his dream?" Ren asks.

"It's a task for his close friends." Shion informs them. "If a stranger tries, his heart will reject them. Are any of you willing to enter his dream to battle the Grimm?"

Pyrrha steps forward. "Absolutely. We'll go." She volunteers the rest of the team.

Ren, Nora and Pyrrha lay on a bed of purple ropes and Dolls that look like them hang above their heads.

"This is getting weird." Grif whispers.

"I know." Simmons whispers back.

"I hope they can save him." Donut whispers.

Asher fiddles with the strap on his right glove.

After a little bit a phone rings and Shion picks it up. "It's me. Did you find him safely? ....... Very well. You must fight to set him free." She sets the phone down. "They were able to find Jaune."

"That was quick. Excellent." Ozpin says.

"The care they show for each other is what makes them a good team." Glynda says. 

After a little bit the markings on Jaune's body disappear and a hole on his chest opens up and a Grimm flies out.

Shion swings her staff and purple wires from her staff fly forward and capture the Grimm. Then she brings the wires down and puts the Grimm in a jar.

"Now it's your turn to be trapped, Nightmare." Shion says to it. "Stay in there, and turn back into a seed."

A little bit later.

Black is looking into the jar and sees the seed the Nightmare Grimm turned into. "A seed... It's like a plant."

Blake backs away.

"Typically, Grimm take on a beast form." Glynda informs them. "But some Grimm are unique. Keep that in mind."

Asher and Ruby walk over to the jar and pear into it."

A little later.

Jaune shoots up. "I overslept! Is class--" He stops when he notices his predicament and his team laughs. "What's going on?"

A few minutes later.

Shion has her hand on the jar. "I'm glad we caught it before it grew. It's probably because his Aura is still underdeveloped."

Glynda speaks up. "His Semblance hasn't awakened, and his Aura in combat is below average. That proved fortunate for him."

Everyone, Minus Yang, is over by Jaune, talking to him.

"I sensed other Nightmares in the forest, too." Shion says. "The more sensitive or emotionally conflicted you are, the more susceptible you become. Please tell the students to remain diligent."

Later the next day in Team RDDD's dorm.

Donut is on his bed writing in a purple notebook. Grif and Simmons walk into the dorm with smiles on their faces.

"Hey, Donut?" Grif says getting Donut's attention.

"Yes?" Donut asks.

"We've got a very important task for you." Simmons says. "You think you can handle it?"

Donut stands up with an excited face. "Absolutely."

Simmons and Grif look to each other with a smirk then look back to Donut.

"We need you to go to the store and get two quarts of elbow grease." Simmons says.

"Yeah, uh, Pick up some..." Grif thinks for a few seconds. "Headlight fluid for Sarge's car, too."

"His car?" Donut asks.

Grif nods. "Yes, Sarge has a car. Are you sure you can handle this."

Donut nods. "Uh- Yeah! Yeah, of course I can. Sure, no problem."

"Well, get going then." Simmons says to him.

Later.

Asher is standing in front of a Vehicle and he's showing it off to Grif and Simmons.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e4f476c353975756938583337513d3d2d313234303134333032382e313666633030666163356631383738643635313731353933333530392e6a7067

Asher clears his throat. "May I introduce my light reconnaissance vehicle. It has four-inch armor plating, mag bumper suspension, a mounted machine-gunner position, and total seating for three. Gentlemen. This is the M12 LRV!" Asher gets happy. "I like to call it the 'Warthog.'"

"Why Warthog, sir?" Simmons asks.

"Because M12 LRV is too hard to say in conversation."

"No, but..." Grif looks to the car then back to Asher. "Why Warthog? I mean, it doesn't really look like a pig."

"Say that again?" Asher asks Grif.

"I think it looks more like a puma."

"What in Sam Hell is a puma?"

Simmons looks to Grif. "Uh, you mean like the shoe company?"

Grif looks at Simmons. "No, like a puma. It's a big cat, like a lion."

Asher stares at Grif. ".....You're makin' that up."

"I'm telling you, it's a real animal!"

Asher looks to Simmons. "Simmons, I want you to poison Grif's next meal."

Simmons salutes. "Yes, sir!"

Asher goes over to the Warthog and motions to the two hooks. "Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks." Asher looks to Grif. "And what kind of animal has tusks?"

"A Walrus." Grif replies.

"Didn't I just tell you to stop making up animals?"

A little later

Team RWBY is standing in front of a store that's surrounded by police tape. They hear music and turn to the side and see Asher and his team on the Warthog.

The Warthog stops and Team RDDD get out of the vehicle.

Asher turns to Grif and Simmons. "Ladies, I need you two to go to the store and buy some ammo.

"Yes, sir." They both say and leave.

Asher turns to RWBY. "Yang, Ruby, Blake." He nods to them. "Snowflake." He winks to Weiss and she just turns away. "So what are you doing?"

"We were exploring around Vale for the Vytal Festival." Ruby points to the store. "Until we saw this."

Asher looks to the store. "Wow, What did they steal?"

"Just dust." Blake says.

Asher looks to her. "Just dust?" Blake nods. "Who steals just dust?"

"It was those White Fang, scum." Weiss says.

"Isn't that a little harsh, Weiss." Asher says.

But before Weiss can respond they hear a commotion over at the docks.

"Stop that Faunus!" Someone yells.

The group run over to the docks and see Sun jumping off a boat.

"You no-good stowaway!"

Sun lands on the docks and runs. Someone runs at him.

"You trash!"

Sun jumps up and lands on the guys back and uses him as a spring board and lands up on a lamp post and hangs upside down from it.

"If I were trash, you'd already have collected me." Sun says. "My skills at stowing away are second to none."

"What a weird comeback." Yang says.

"He's kind of right." Asher says and Weiss elbows him.

Sun tuns up the stairs and past the group, he winks at Blake as he runs by.

Two people chase after him.

"Hold it right there!"

"Fine." Weiss turns to the group. "I'll capture that Faunus an show you just how bad he is."

She runs off and the group follows her.

"Wait! Weiss!" Asher and Ruby say.

Weiss runs around a corner and bumps into Penny and they both fall over.

The group stops.

"Are you okay?" Ruby asks.

Weiss looks to her. "I am fine, but..." She looks to Penny.

"Are you? Can you get up?" Yang asks Penny.

Penny looks to her and smiles. "Yes! I am wonderful. Thank you for asking!" Penny flips herself up "And-a uspy-daisy."

The group takes a step back.

"My name is Penny." She introduces herself. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Very nice to meet you, Friend." The twins say.

Weiss looks to the twins. "If we don't hurry, the vagabond will get away."

"What did you call me?" Penny asks.

"She wasn't talking about you." Blake tells her.

"No." Penny looks to the twins. You two." Penny walks over to the two and gets real close. "Did you both just call me 'friend'?"

"Uh, yeah." The twins say.

Penny smiles. "How touching. I have made two friends! I'm so glad I came to Vale!"

"What is with her?" Weiss asks the rest of her team.

"Sorry, but we're in a hurry." Yang tells Penny.

"Alright. Be well."

A little while later.

"Let's give up." Yang speaks up. "He's just a stowaway, right?"

He's a law breaking scoundrel." Weiss says. "If we let him go, he'll surely join the White Fang."

"That's kind of mean, Weiss." Asher says.

"Shut it." Weiss glares at him.

Blake becomes angry at Weiss. "That's wrong! This is why you're so ignorant."

Weiss glares at Blake. "What did you just say to me?"

"You're being prejudiced. You treat all Faunus like criminals. If he's a scoundrel, then so are you."

"It's an organization of pure evil that hates humanity. How can you defend them?"

"There's no such thing as pure evil! People like you drove the Faunus into a corner." 

Ruby steps forward. "Please don't fight, you two."

Weiss turns and glares at Ruby. Then she looks back to Blake. "Have you attended any of the funerals of the people they killed? Do you know the pain of the families whose loved ones were killed just for being Company board members? Do you have any idea how much they've made me suffer?"

"Well, maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!" Blake yells at Weiss.

Everyone gasps.

"'We'?"

Blake turns around and runs away.

"Blake, where are you going?" Ruby yells to her.

Weiss turns to the group and notices Asher glaring at her.

"What?" She asks him.

Asher just huffs and turns around and walks away from the group.

"Asher?" Weiss asks, but he just ignores her.

A few days later.

It's nighttime and Team RDDD us driving near the docks and they stop. Donut is sitting on the bumper.

Grif starts whinning. "We've been at this for hours; can we stop?"

Asher shakes his head. "No, not until we've completed the mission."

Grif hops out of the vehicle and looks around until he spots someone in armour, with what seems to be a knifle on his back.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4b546c676935636648794f6b61773d3d2d313234303134333032382e313666633033366463623334623032303430303035383136333431352e6a7067

Grif points towards him. "Then I'm going to ask that guy if he's seen her." Grif walks over to him.

"Grif, get back here! All we could know is that HE is a White Fang memebr!" Asher yells.

"Shut up, and watch how you do this." Grif snaps at Asher.

Grif gets up to The Meta. "Hey, there Mister, have you seen someone with black hair and amber eyes; she also wears a bow on her head?"

The Meta makes some kind of swooshing sound.

"Huh, sounds like somebody has a cold. "Anyway listen. We need your help looking for..." The Meta lifts up a nearby car. "someone. Wow. That's a cool trick, how did you do..." Grif starts to backaway as the Meta turns to him "Uhm..I uh..." He runs away.

The Meta throws the car at Grif. 

"Oh Oum, Oh Oum, Oh Oum, Oh Oum, Oh Oum, Oh Oum, Oh OOOOOOOOUMMMMMMM!" Grif yells while running.

A crashing sound is heard and Grif runs past two trees and the car hits the trees. Grif pops up from behind the car.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

Asher and the group get out of the Warthog and walk a little ways towards Grif.

"GRIF!" Asher yells. "I've told you once, I've told you tens of times. You gotta pay attention in battle." The Meta hisses in the background.  "You can't let yourself get distracted by-- oh, crap, flying car!"

"RUN" Simmons yells.

"Ahhh!" Donut screams.

The three run away as cars and crates land near them. They run into an alleyway.

"What is that thing?" Simmons asks.

"I don't know." Asher says. "It's kinda like a male version of Yang."

"What are we gonna do?" Donut asks.

"I don't know."

"Maybe we need to find a way to keep him busy."

Simmons turns to Donut. "How the hell will we keep it busy?"

Asher leans his head out of the alleyway. "Looks like, Grif, is a pretty good job already."

There are multiple crates, cars and bikes near Grif.

"Okay, I get it!" Grif ye;;s. A bike lands near him. "Stop throwing things at me, YOU FUCKING JACKASS!!!"

"KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, GRIF!" Asher yells.

A pole lands on Grif's head. "OW! Okay, that could have out an eye."

An explosion goes off near Asher and he ducks back in the alleyway. The Asher Warthog flies past the alleyway. Asher walks out of the alleyway.

"Hey, come on!" Asher yells. "I just built that thing!" He walks back into the alleyway. "You better not scratch the paint hob!"

The Meta hisses as an explosion goes off further down the docks. The Meta looks over to it and the sound of a radio turning on in his helmet is heard. The Meta hisses and runs off in the direction of the explosion.

Everything goes quiet and Grif pops up behind the cars.

"Is he gone?" Grif asks.

Asher walks out of the alleyway and looks around. "Sadly." He looks over to Grif. "I was enjoying things getting thrown at you."

Simmons and Donut come out of the alleyway and Grif walks over to Asher as they all look to the smoke pillar in the distance.

"I'm putting money on that's Blake." He looks to his team. "Let's go men!" They nod and everyone runs over to the Warthog and Asher notices a scratch. "That son of a gun, put a scratch on my car!"

"Shotgun" Simmons quickly says.

"Shotgun," He says a second after Simmons. "Fuck!"

"Shotguns, lap" Donut says.

"Fuck!" Simmons says.

Little Later.

Team RDDD pulls up to the docks as they see Penny shoot down a couple Bullheads with a laser.

"Holy Shit/Crap!" Team RDDD says.

"That was awesome!" Donut yells.

"Remind me to not make her mad." Grif says.

"Awww, man. The bullheads were destroyed." Asher says while looking at the burning wrecks.  "Such a waste of fine engineering."

Asher drives over to Ruby, Blake, Sun and Penny.

Little Later.

The group is sitting on some boxes. Grif, Simmons and Donut are sitting in the Warthog. Police lights are flashing their lights nearby.

"Ruby! Blake!" Ruby looks to the side and sees Yang and Weiss.

Ruby gets off her box. "Weiss." She walks over to Weiss. "Blake isn't in the White Fang anymore, and she has cat ears under her bow. Isn't that cute?"

Weiss walks past Ruby.

"Huh? Really?" Yang asks Ruby."

Weiss stops in front of Blake.

"Weiss, I haven't been in the organization--"

Weiss interrupts Blake. "I don't want to hear any more about the organization. But I have been thinking about things. I kept thinking, thinking, thinking, and decided..." Everyone waits with anticipation. "I don't care about any of it."

"You don't care?"

Weiss Smiles. "Right. So, the next time you have a big problem, come and talk to your teammates, not some stranger."

They both look over to Sun. He shrugs.

Blake looks back to Weiss and wipes a tear that was forming and smiles. "Alright."

"There it is." Yang says.

Ruby throws her arms up in excitement. "Team RWBY is back together!"

Asher laughs.

Donut cheers. "The whole family is back together, again!"

"Shut it, Donut!" Simmons and Grif yell at Donut.

Weiss looks over to Asher and he gives her a big smile and a small tint of red forms on her cheek as she smiles back.

Later.

Asher is laying on his bed in his dorm and he's fiddling with his right glove. He's staring at his hand with a blank stare.

The sound of a tree crashing down and a child screaming in pain is heard as fire is crackling.

Asher clenches his right hand. 

A loud roar is heard and a young voice calling for help.

Asher blinks back to reality and takes a few deep breaths as he wipes his brow of sweat. He looks down to his right hand and it's shaking. 

Asher clenches his hand and it stops shaking. A breeze blows into the room and Asher turns to the window. 

A feeling he's being watch crawls up his spine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-25-2022

3371 words.

Well, there's the first three episodes of the early preview done. So I hope you liked them.

Now all we gotta do is wait till July, 24 when episode 4 comes out.

0