Ch 12 – Sisters till the end
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Celeste was the one to give me the key to the locker containing Alter Ego. She hid Alter Ego in order to pit you against Taka. And there is no evidence to support that Kiyotaka threatened Celeste.” said Kyoko boldly.  

Hifumi looked a bit confused at her after the explanation.  

“Yeah, why would I threaten her? Do you seriously take me for such an unlawful man?” cried Kiyotaka.

“Hifumi, you have to trust us. Celeste is the ultimate gambler, she lies through her teeth.” shouted Makoto.   

“MAAAHH! I had respect for you Mr.Naegi. But I don’t like how you all are bullying and ganging up on my mistress!”

Hifumi quickly ran up to Celeste and held her hand.

“I will protect you with my life. You have taken my life before. But even when you killed me, your intentions were pure! I cannot hold a grudge against my mistress.” said Hifumi.

“Oh, thank you Hifumi. I really am glad you forgave me after the horrible things I have done to you. I promise I will protect you too, I won’t allow Monokuma or anyone else to take you away from me.” said Celeste with tears in her eyes and looked at Hifumi happily. 

“G-gah! I think I’m in love.” gasped Hifumi.            

Aoi sighed and Makoto could only look down at the floor, disappointed.   

“Yo, sorry to interrupt, but is there a space for me?” asked Mukuro with a wide smile. 

Yasuhiro angrily pointed his finger towards her and yelled “N-No way dude. You worked with J-Junko-”  

“Did I ever tell you to bark without permission?” hissed Byakuya at Yasuhiro with a deadly gaze.

“S-Sorry dude! My bad.”

Byakuya turned his eyes towards Mukuro. His eyes became much lighter.      

“Of course, we are happy to have the Ultimate Soldier on board. It’s useless to hold grudges. You are just one of Junko’s many victims, afterall.” said Byakuya. 

Mukuro walked confidently towards Byakuya and arrived in front of the group.

“Mukuro, you don’t need to fight them. Fighting will only bring more conflict amongst all the people trapped by Monokuma.” said Makoto.  

“Heh, sorry Makoto. But I am the ultimate soldier. If Monokuma is gonna hand out a reward for the winning team, then I have to make my talent handy.” Mukuro said as she formed a sly smile on her face.  

“Junko betrayed you last time, what makes you so sure she won’t do it again?” asked Makoto, concerned. 

“Yeah, I’m still upset about that. Junko told me I would simply be moved out of the killing game when I retaliated. But instead she ended up killing me. But…I was still revived. I don’t know how it happened but Junko might still love me, might still have somehow revived me and all of you.” said Mukuro with a sad expression.

“She is nothing but a lunatic driven by the desire to experience more despair. She killed you to experience the pain of loss for herself. She is twisted to the core. And there is no evidence saying that Junko caused us to be revived.” claimed Kyoko with a cold tone.

“Y-you don’t know her soft side. It’s true that my sister is weird and malicious. But she still cared about me. I was one of the few things she cared for, was attached to. That’s why I wanna know why she attacked me. I won’t die here trying to follow your goodie goodie mentality.” said Mukuro. 

“So you’re just using us to get close to Junko?” asked Makoto angrily.

“That’s not it. Honestly, up until now I only followed her orders. I didn’t want the killing game but I…wasn’t against it either. But you guys seem like decent people. No, I know you as decent people before you all lost your memories. I promise I will ask Junko to spare you if Monokuma is truly being controlled by Junko now.” said Mukuro, bowed and turned around.

“And what about you, Mondo?” asked Byakuya. 

“Heh, some balls you have to assume that I would follow your orders.” said Mondo angrily. 

“I know you have reasons to dislike me, but we can win this war only if we work together. I ate my pride, so should you.” said Byakuya boldly.

“You’re just trying to make bro do all of your dirty work!  I will protect bro and I won’t let him go through hardships such as killing innocents again!” shouted Kiyotaka as he pointed his fingers towards Byakuya.  

“Whether you like it or not, kill or be killed is the situation we are in. If you have a great idea to save us all without killing anyone, then say it. Otherwise, it’s better to be practical.” said Byakuya with confidence.

“I-I don’t have much of an idea currently. But students killing other people is strictly forbidden!” yelled Kiyotaka. 

“You’re going to die over your talent? Just to feel good that you followed rules set by the school and society? Your murderous stubborn friend and you the rule abiding student are both lacking. One lacks the brains, the other lacks the will to survive.” scolded Byakuya with a strict tone.               

“Sheesh, you’re still shit talking us afterall? There is no way I would work for a stuck up bastard like you. And I can defend myself just fine. But I won’t be the one to fire the first shot, unlike you.” said Mondo. 

2