Ch 14 – Ultimate Hope
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I…I couldn’t.” mumbled Makoto, depressed.

“Why?! You were so adamant about bringing hope to others. Why couldn’t you say a single word to convince her?” yelled Aoi desperately.  

Makoto looked at the floor sadly. 

“Because…I wasn’t sure.” he finally muttered. 

“Sure of what?” asked Aoi, concerned. 

“I wasn’t sure that I could convince her. What she did in the past. No, looking at her eyes. Hearing how she wanted to achieve her dreams. I’m not sure there is a person in this world who can convince her.” said Makoto in a hollow tone. 

“What?” gasped Aoi.

“She already betrayed me Aoi! I cared for her. I trusted her.” said Makoto. 

Strangely enough Makoto laughed and spoke. 

“I…I was hurt. It pissed me off. I was willing to do all this for her. Even stake my life for her. And she…well, she did try to use my life to escape.”     

“You don’t have to do anything for her. Makoto, she is a mad girl. She only thinks of herself and her goals. Don’t think of staking your life for her or anyone else again. Your life is more valuable than that” yelled Kyoko.  

“Kyoko…I…I just don’t know what to say to her. I wanted to hope. Hope that everyone is a good person. That we can all work together  to create a brighter future. But when I saw her, the fire in her eyes, the tone of her voice, her words. She’s not going to follow Byakuya’s orders. She is not going to hear anyone’s words. She is going to do whatever it takes to achieve her dreams. I can’t do anything to change her.” 

“You can. Believe in yourself Makoto.” said Kyoko with a triumphant smile.              

“Huh?” gasped Makoto and looked at Kyoko. 

“You haven’t even tried and you’re quitting? You’re the only one who can stop her, change her. Cause…you’re the ultimate hope, remember?” said Kyoko.

She blushed a little after saying those words. 

Makoto looked at the floor, his expression grew more light to it. He pushed his knees with his arms and stood confidently. He looked at Kyoko and nodded with a smile.

****************

“AHHHHHHH, what are we going to do?” yelled Kazuichi with a hysteric face.  

“Stop yelling at my ear, you stupid bastard.” grunted Fuyuhiko.

“Kehehehe. It seems the warmonger bear wants to quench his lust for entertainment once again. Little did he realize that Gundham Tanaka does not bow to some robot’s whimsical tricks. Yet if any mortal dares to approach me in this heat of battle, they will be torn to pieces by the sorcerer who is I, unbound by life nor death. And your rotting flesh be fed to the mighty servants of doom, the four dark devas of destruction!” yelled Gundham, his hamsters hopping on his shoulders one after another.    

“Wait, your hamsters were carnivores? Since when?” asked Hajime with surprise.   

“Oh yes, with you and the four dark devas of destruction by our side, there is absolutely nothing to worry about!” cried Sonia with excitement.

“Yes, my dark queen. Shed all your weak and pathetic worries away. It is time to laugh and roar uproariously. Our might and hellish souls will crush down any foe willing to near us.” shouted Gundham and laughed.

Sonia clapped her hands and jumped in place. Hiyoko couldn’t help but laugh looking at the two of them. 

“Wow, look at the dunce princess creaming her pants just by listening to the breeder run his mouth. It’s honestly embarrassing.” Hiyoko said while pouting. 

“If you people are done yelling and crying, we have actions to take. Search the islands for materials and weapons. We need to barricade this portal.” said the Imposter.

“Barricade?” asked Chiaki.

“Yes, any idiot willing to take a step inside the portal will most likely have a killing intention. Letting them roam the island could be dangerous” said the Imposter. 

“Yeah, but how would it work? You’re asking us to build something like a house that contains the portal?” asked Kazuichi.  

“And within only 1 hour too.” added Peko.

“There are no other choices. I died too early in the killing game it seems. I do not know much about the other islands but I assume Monokuma spread many useful tools there. If we let the other killing game students enter those islands, they can loot everything there as well as surprise us with an ambush.” reported the Imposter confidently.

“Yeah, but you’re asking us to barricade two portals as if it’s an easy job.” said Kazuichi.

“Not every portal. This portal, the portal of the central island specifically.”said the Imposter as he turned around to point to the portal with his chin then continued.

“If the opposition has access to this island, they can go to whichever island they want. We can barricade this portal and guard the portal on the first island and barricade it during the war.”      

“But we have to enter the portal ourselves in case a killing doesn’t happen, no?” asked Gundham with a cold tone. 

“No, we can’t let another life fall victim to Monokuma’s killing game.” said Hajime confidently. 

“Hmph, hahaha. So, you have still not taken my advice, Hajime Hinata? A lamb cowering away at the thought of death and killing?” Gundham laughed and mocked.

2