Ch 16 – Great Togami Wall
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The others could do nothing but watch the screen on the tree quietly. 

“You might be wondering what my goal, my proposal is. Well, it’s rather simple. I want you guys to kill at least 2 other killing game students. From the hope’s peak academy killing game students or the gifted juveniles, it really doesn’t matter. And after you killed them, Monokuma would probably give you the prizes as promised. Tell Monokuma to transfer all the prizes you won to me. I’m not sure if Monokuma will allow such a thing, but he might if you ask, try to be on his good side. And It’s fair, right? Two prizes for two lives. And don’t come to the fifth island. These two will suffer cruel fates if you do.  I hope you will all cooperate and make the wisest of decisions.” Nagito explained with sassiness in his tone.   

With that the screen went black. 

“Oh my god! I know Nagito was messed up in his head. But he turned from a gangsta to a super mob boss while I was gone. Is this the scariest character development or what?” screamed Ibuki with fear. 

“Dammit, that bastard!” grunted Fuyuhiko.

“Judging from the background as well as the boxes placed there, it’s likely that he streamed this from the warehouse of the fifth island.” said Chiaki.      

“Yeah, Nagito doesn’t want us to come to the fifth island. Most likely because the captives are there” said Hajime.  

“So, what are we gonna do now? We can’t let our friends die like they did previously.” said Akane without a care.

“Friends? Are you serious? That nasty pig barf and the pervy dwarf can go to hell. There is no way in hell I would work to save those two.” said Hiyoko while she pouted and crossed her arms.  

“No, we can’t let them die. I don’t want anyone to suffer a cruel fate again.” said Hajime boldly. 

“Jeez, when did you get all hopeful and yelly. It’s honestly kind of annoying.” complained Hiyoko while shooting mean eyes towards Hajime. 

“You can cry and complain if you don’t want to save them. But I’m free to yell and change your mind too.” said Hajime with a frown on his face.

“Okay, okay, I get it. Are you done now?” grunted Hiyoko.

“I…I’m not trying to agree with Hiyoko here but…what Nagito is demanding is seriously too much. We have to risk our lives, kill two people and transfer all the rewards we get from that to Nagito. We’ll just be at his mercy again if we do that.” yelled Kazuichi. 

“Yeah, instead of doing what he says, I should go to the fifth island and clobber that bastard into his senses.” yelled Nekomaru.  

“And risk killing those two? we mustn’t!” claimed Sonia. 

“I’m sorry, Sonia. But I have to agree with Mechamaru here.” said Fuyuhiko. 

“What?” gasped Sonia. 

“Accepting Nagito’s proposal is just too much. You also have to admit that the people he held captive, especially Mikan, she is not worth saving” said Fuyuhiko with a somber tone. 

“Young master, are you sure?” asked Peko. 

“Yes. Remember, the pattern that is understood thus far is that every victim and killer who were revived remembered what happened exactly before they died. Mikan, before she died, was a remnant of despair. It’s likely now that she is simply faking being the old Mikan who didn’t have her school memories.” reported Fuyuhiko as clearly as he could.

“I-I still don’t believe it. I don’t believe that me, Mikan and everyone here are remnants of despair.” yelled Mahiru with sadness.  

“Well, stay delusional! You’re the bitch that hid Natsumi’s killer. I bet you’re fully capable of becoming goodie goodie with Junko Enoshima.” raged Fuyuhiko. 

“Hey, stop yelling at big sis Mahiru you dirt eating delinquent.” grunted Hiyoko.

“Enough! According to your stories, we were all remnants of despair. But I don’t care about that. The past doesn’t matter. I’m not someone who is particularly proud of my past and apparently none of you are proud of the past you don’t remember. So let’s forget about that and focus on the present, the thing that we can change and does matter.” said the Imposter scoldingly. 

“Besides, Nagito didn’t give us a time limit, we have room to think. In the meantime, let’s spread out and search for weapons and materials.” said Hajime.  

“Are we still aiming to construct the barrier of cowardice? Cause we might have to break that down to hunt for our prey and pay off Nagito.” said Gundham.

“And, are we still gonna gather the supplies here? Even though the other killing game students may jump out of the portal, attack and steal our stuff?” asked Kazuichi.

“We will, all of us should protect this section of the island as it is the most strategically crucial. And we’re still building the barricade. We can use the portal on the first island if we desperately need to attack.“ said the Imposter.  

“Dammit, I thought we were through with killing others to survive.” grunted Hajime to himself.  

“Hey, we’ll still have to waste time and energy building that crap? It’s your idea so if you wanna build a wall, do it by yourself” whined Kazuichi.    

“Yes, but leaders don’t carry out their plan by hand.” said the Imposter.  

“Man, talk about being a capitalistic fat boss. Taking credit for other people’s work.” grumbled Hiyoko.      

“To do that, the supplies should be near the portal. We must act quick. Ignore the fifth island but search any other island for supplies.” said the Imposter. 

“Ahh man.” complained Kazuichi.

Hajime sighed and patted Kazuichi on the shoulder and said “It’s not ideal. But it’s better than exchanging fists and fighting people of Hope’s peak. Makoto, Kyoko the future foundation members don’t seem to remember us, so it’s better that we build a wall to protect ourselves from them.” 

Quickly the Jabberwock Island students scattered towards the islands and began their search.

Chiaki went to the third island with Hajime.

2