Ch22 – Worthy Leader
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Gahhh!” yelled Shuichi.

“What, Miu, why did you bring that?” said Keebo, his face pink.

“You truly are a ridiculous woman.” said Korekiyo menacingly.

“D-don’t look at me like that, it’s not like I’m gonna shove this up your ass or anything.” said Miu flustered.

“We need to keep searching and find something that will guarantee our safety and stop attackers.” said Shuichi while trying to look away to hide his blush.

“And what would that be?” asked Kirumi who was leaning against the front door.

“Kirumi, did you find anything?” asked Shuichi.

“Yes, I did. But I’m not going to give it to some delusional brat whose head is riddled with so much doubt that they’ve started to go mad.” said Kirumi with contempt.

“What I said is the truth, deal with it.” said Shuichi with a frown.

The two of them exchanged mean glances towards one another. Keebo seemed worried looking at the two while Korekiyo observed the situation with a smile.  

“Hmph, even if you have been gifted with knowledge, you’re still a child.” scolded Kirumi.

“We’re the same age. And you talk big for someone who died during the second trial.” said Shuichi.          

“You’ve grown some sass after I died huh. Still you’re as useless and skilless as ever. You nor Kaede are fitting to lead these people to victory.” said Kirumi.

“And you think you are fitting?” asked Keebo.

“Of course, I have served the people of this country well for all my life. I’ve even taken the reign of the entire country due to the prime minister’s request.” said Kirumi.

“And I’m telling you, it’s just a fabricated memory. None of that happened, team Danganronpa created a flashback light and planted it inside the motive video. That’s why you felt like you remembered being a prime minister after you watched the video.” said Shuichi with a stern manner.

“Nonsense. If that were the case, then everything you know and feel superior about is fabricated too.” yelled Kirumi. 

“Yeah, I know all my memories are fake. But I don’t care cause I’m not trying to be superior about anything, unlike you.” said Shuichi, his eyes calm and sharp.  

Kirumi stopped frowning and took a deep breath.

“Fabricated or not. I have the knowledge and the skill of leadership. It is my duty as the Ultimate Maid to lead everyone to victory. And unlike you I have certain ideas to win this war.” said Kirumi.

“If you have an idea, just tell it to us. It doesn’t matter who is the leader. Everyone should follow their own heart anyways.” said Shuichi calmly.

Kirumi walked up to them and looked through all the boxes and items that had been gathered at the dining hall.

“At least we have poison crossbows as weapons. I previously put the kitchen knives inside a box there as well.” said Kirumi.

She peered into Miu’s box and said “A security laser device?”

“Yeah, it’s one of those devices that create a vague red light line when you activate it. And if something moves through it you get a message on the receiver” said Miu while pulling out the receiver.

“We could put it near the portal. It would definitely help.” said Shuichi.

“No, that’s not enough. Miu could you combine the crossbows brought here with the security lasers and make the crossbow automatically fire when the laser alarm goes off? It would go well with a poisoned arrow too.” said Kirumi as she eyed Miu.

“Yeah, easily.” said Miu with a confident smile.  

“Wait, that would kill whoever enters here.” said Shuichi.

“That’s the idea. Do you want to protect your friends or not?” asked Kirumi.

“Waging a war against the other killing game students isn’t gonna save anyone. Monokuma wants us to value the lives of our friends over strangers. He is trying to use our attachments to pit us against one another.” claimed Shuichi.

“What other choices do we have? You’ve let us all die. Only Maki, Himiko and you ended up surviving, just by sheer luck. You are incapable of fighting and making difficult decisions.” said Kirumi. 

“He found the truth of the killing game and stopped it. Don’t try to twist the truth.” said Kaede angrily from the hallway door.

She entered the room along with Gonta and Tsumugi.

“Gonta brought harpoons from warehouse” said Gonta while he placed them against the wall.
               
“And I brought this. It seems to be working.” said Kaede and placed a laptop on the table.

“Let me check that!” yelled Miu and opened up the laptop. She pulled up a chair which was close by and started typing on it rapidly. 

Kaede and Gonta looked at what she was doing with the corner of their eyes.  

Himiko, Angie and Tenko entered the dining hall from outside.  Tenko brought two swords and threw them against the walls.

“Nyahahaha, we checked the casino for useful items. And we actually found a small minigame left by Monokuma” said Angie.

“Ahh, the result was somewhat disappointing. The prizes we won were these swords.” said Tenko.

“No, that is still sufficient and very useful. Knives and harpoons are not designed for war.” said Kirumi.         

“Nyeah we also found 4 cassette voice recorders. I don’t think they would be of much use but it’s something.” said Himiko.     

“Goddamn it, this pc is fucking old as my grandma. It doesn’t even have wifi!” grunted Miu. 

“I’m probably not as good as you Miu, but I still looked at it and there was nothing there.” said Kaede apologetically. 
   
Kirumi arrived next to Miu and pulled her ear.

“We need a crossbow trap immediately.” said Kirumi.

“I’m against your idea entirely. I’m sure we can communicate and come to a conclusion. There is no need to set traps that will instantly kill people coming for a peace talk.” said Shuichi.

“Yes, you do have some ideas there. Perhaps we could communicate with them and convince them to throw the student they don’t need so we could kill them.” said Kirumi.

Shuichi balled his hand to a fist and yelled “No, that’s wrong!”

1