Ch 26 – Enemy of Trust
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Desperately Tenko reached out for the knife, her strength vanishing from her body every second, tears in her eyes. Just as she thought she was about to kill Tenko, Mukuro felt the air move.

When she looked up Maki was in front of her and it was already too late. A blade stabbed into her heart. 

Mukuro grabbed Maki’s arms, her nails stabbed into Maki’s skin. She looked miserably at Maki’s eyes before falling to the side.

Maki landed a second knife stab onto her head, just to make the kill sure. When she pulled out the knife and looked down the other end of the hallway she encountered Genocider’s eyes.

“O-OH my goood! Such scary murderous eyes!” yelled Genocider. 

Maki shot a deadly glare at Genocider in which she immediately tailed it back and ran up to the upper floor.

Maki gritted her teeth, walked to chase her but took a sigh and turned around to look at the Tenko who was coughing violently. Maki pulled her off the ground, Tenko’s face was strawberry red and she could barely stand up.

Soon footsteps resounded. Gonta, Korekiyo, Shuichi, Keebo, Kaito, Himiko all ran into the hallway.

“Tenko! Are you okay?!” asked Himiko.   

“We met Rantaro on the way. Angie took him to the dormitory.” said Keebo.     

“Is there anyone left upstairs?” asked Shuichi.  

“Portal text say Ryoma dead, that true?” yelled Gonta with rage.

“Y-yeah. I- I think I saw the k-kiler. A blue haired girl, had a bloody knife. She probably killed Ryoma.” said Tenko.

Shuichi stomped the ground and yelled “Damn it! This is all my fault. We should have talked less and searched more. There was a hidden-”   

“Enough with that, Shuichi” scolded Kaito.

“You’re right. We can’t let them get away with this. We’ll go upstairs to reclaim our territory and find the portal.” said Shuichi. 

Maki nodded and together they split into two groups and went through both hallways. The two hallways merged and they all ascended up to the third floor. Carefully, quietly they pressed onwards.

They checked the tennis lab, spread through the two hallways, merged and checked the assassin’s lab.
They went up ahead into the fourth floor, spread into the groups and checked every room then went to the fifth floor. From there they also slowly and carefully checked through each room and hallway.

Shuichi, Himiko, Tenko and Gonta checked the cosplay lab. But only Shuichi and Himiko came back from the search and informed Keebo and Kaito who were guarding the hallway that had stairs.

“We found the portal. It was behind the stage in the ultimate cosplayer’s lab. Tenko and Gonta are guarding it.” said Shuichi.

Maki and Korekiyo came from their search with no results. They were informed of the location of the portal.

“Damn, well let’s get back. We left the other portal with Kirumi and Miu.” said Maki. 

They somberly went down the stairs. On the third floor they chose to go through the other hallway, perhaps to avoid where Ryoma’s body was. They also avoided Mukuro’s body by choosing the other hallway as well.

When they arrived at the first floor Shuichi went towards the dining hall, ignoring the others. Afterall, that is where Kaede should have been. Guarding the tools and weapons. He wanted to tell her first of the tragedies that happened. He wanted her advice.

“Upupup, congratulations to the killers. 4 victims have successfully been murdered. Wow, you guys really speedran this war huh. Usually I had to ease you fools into the killing. But this time, you truly were eager. I suppose you really do get used to this killing stuff when you do it a lot. Not only get used to, but get addicted to. Yahahahahaha! Don’t worry I’ll send out the rewards to the killers. After you all cool off for a moment.” laughed out Monokuma from the speakers.

“Wha-what?” gasped Kaito.

“T-the portals!” yelled Shuichi.

He immediately turned around and opened the school door.

************

Way earlier 

Shuichi, Kaito, Keebo, Himiko exited Classroom A. 

“Wow, that voice recording is gonna win a lot of hearts.” said Kaito.

“Yeah, Shuichi almost didn’t stutter at all. And he was very charismatic.” said Himiko.

“You’re being too nice. I was just my usual self. I simply talked about everything that could help them and said what I genuinely felt.” said Shuichi.

“We should definitely hurry. Monokuma said the portal offline time limit is over.” warned Keebo.

“Right.” said Shuichi.

Shuichi walked to the school entrance with the box in his hand.

He pushed the door open and as expected Kirumi and Miu were there along with Maki and Gonta.

“You idiots follow Shuichi like plastic soldiers and disposable pawns.” grunted Kirumi angrily.

“I would trust Shuichi more than a crazy old hag.” said Maki with a frown.

“How dare you, I have served you this well, and now you’re calling me names?” hissed Kirumi.

“Kirumi tried to kill all us. Shuichi always do what best for us.” said Gonta.

“And now he is willing to stake your lives for strangers.” said Kirumi.

“I’m not. I want everyone to be happy. For a politician who swore to protect everyone, you don’t seem to practice what you preach.” said Shuichi from beside her.

“You finally arrived, Shuichi. Wouldn’t it be better to just place these crossbow traps that Miu and I prepared here?” said Kirumi coldly. 

“And just kill our friends?” said Shuichi.

Kirumi’s eyes widened, soon anger took over her and she cried “Friends? Are you delusional? Are you that desperate to gain as many friends as possible?  100 friends, 1000 friends? You should have been a social media expert instead of a detect-”     

“Wherever and whoever my love reaches, they will be my friend. I realized that Maki, the ultimate assassin, was just a girl seeking help. Miu, you’re just a paranoid inventor who wants attention.” said Shuichi.

“Wha, d-don’t blabber, you don’t know anything about me.” mumbled Miu.

“Kirumi, despite your feeling for us, you did what you thought was best. Perhaps, you’re valuing yourself a little too much now, but I understand your feelings.” said Shuichi.

“If you did, why aren’t you listening-”

“Because you’re not understanding me. You don’t understand love, the way it can change others completely.” said Shuichi.

“Huh?” gasped Kirumi.

“There is no need for traps, dirty tricks and fights.” said Shuichi and raised the box in his hand.

“The cassette recording in this box will spread my words. My words will awaken the love and compassion others have buried within themselves. It will tear down all of their fears and doubts.” said Shuichi with a wide smile.

Without hesitation Shuichi threw the box inside the portal.

1