Xixi’s POV-New Life in the House
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My first encounter with Ming family went out well. Uncle still adored me, so did the four brothers, in particular brother Lang, the youngest one. Uncle even asked brother Yang to help me get into the best high school in the city. I sincerely appreciate their kindness. Since the competition in central high school was fierce, I decided to make the best of summer vacation to lay a solid foundation. I online shopped seven books and studied hard every day.

“Xixi, open the door” a knocking sound attracted my attention. It’s brother Lang.

A huge stuffed bear came into my sight with the door open.

“Present for your high school. Do you like it?”he looked at me with expectant eyes.

“Of course. It would be nice to hold it in arms at night. Thanks a lot, brother Lang” I accepted the bear and put it on bed. It almost took half of the king-size bed.

“I know a girl of your age would love it”, he was beside himself with joy. “I haven’t seen you for days. What are you doing?”

“I’m busy studying for high school. You know my academic performance is not good. In order to catch up with those excellent ones in central high school, I have to study earlier and harder. Only in this way can I live up to uncle’s expectation and his effort of helping me get admitted into such a prestigious school.” I pointed at the textbook on the desk and said.

“Aha, sound sweet, but don’t push yourself too hard” he left but soon came back with a cup of milk tea with bubbles.

“Your treat for hard work” he put the glass on the table.

“Thank you, brother Lang. You are the best.” The milk tea was sweet and delicious. I really enjoyed the bubble.

 

“Xixi, Lang said you stayed in bedroom all day to study, right ?”brother Yang asked me at the dinner table. It’s only he and me at home again.

“Yes. I want to lay a better foundation before the new term.”

“I see, but you know sitting and reading all day without exercises is not good for your health. You’d better take some time to work out as well.”

I finally understood why he said that. He thought I was too young and too small. Physical health was much more important when compared to academic works. I sincerely appreciate that, but working out? I’m never a gym person, and I loathe the clothe being soaked with sweat and the smell. However, I dare not say that to brother Yang who is quite serious about that.

“There is a swimming pool in the right wing” he seemed to read my mind and said.

“Thanks, I will do that next week”

“I would be home this week, so let’s start today. Can you swim?”

I was shocked by his executive ability but my period is here. How can I say that to him? That’s embarrassing.

“Um, I’m suffering from the monthly sickness, so this week might not be OK. Sorry, brother Yang” I was too embarrassed and dashed away. He would get my words, I believe.

He did, but his intention of strengthening physical health did not disappear. Monday morning, he knocked my door.

At first I was annoyed by it, cause it was five o’clock. No one would like to be woken up so early. When I opened the door, I found brother Yang standing there in white sports wear.

“Brother Yang?” my eyes were barely open.

“Time to go jogging. Dress up and come down to the garden in ten minutes.”

He left before I figured out what happened, leaving me standing still with my hand on the handrail.

“What? Ten minutes? Ah” I yelled and rushed to the washing room.” Why did he come up so early? I kept asking myself when brushing teeth. Why didn’t he tell me first last night? Oh, I remember he wasn’t home yet when I went to bed.

When I finally reached the garden, it was fifteen minutes later. Brother Yang was stretching out. He looked masculine in the gym suit.

“You are slow. Next time you need to be faster” brother Yang said and teach me how to do warm up. I followed his move and stretched out. Hurt feelings from my legs made me a little bit more conscious.

“How do you feel?” He asked

“Not bad”

“Then, let’s go jogging. I’ll lead you in front so you can get familiar with the route. Next time, you can go on your own. Lets go.”

Even though I was still tired, I followed him and ran. It’s still early. There was barely no one on the street. The air was fresh and I could hear the bird singing. What a beautiful morning. His pace was steady and slow., and I tried my best to follow right behind. His body moved upside down and the T shirt was soaked after ten minutes, but he was not intended to take a rest. When can we stop and rest? Maybe just have some water? All these questions lingered in my mind. Finally he stopped before a bench, and turned back with a bottle of water on hand.

“Have some water and take a rest. Are you OK?”

I gasped for air and drank half a bottle in one mouth “Not really. I’m dying”

“Don’t get choked. You need more practice. It’s only 2 kilometers” He checked the step meter, and swallowed the rest half.

He looked at me seriously and I knew he cared for me. Taking exercises regularly would be good for my health. But now, please kill me.

“Wait me here, I’ll continue” he started running again but faster.

It was half an hour later when he came back, and I still failed to recover my previous trauma. After taking a shower and having breakfast, I was completed exhausted and fell asleep.

0