Xixi’s POV- The Return of Younger Brother Ming Tai
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting away from Lily and focusing on reading are not bad. At least, I finally finished reading Pride and Prejudice, and indulged myself in the romance of Elizabeth and Darcy. I sincerely wish I can find someone who cherish, respect, and love me, and I can grow up to be a knowledgeable lady with manners.  When I was still daydreaming, someone just knocked the door. Who would come for me so early?

I set aside the book, walked towards the door, and opened it. It was a huge stuff bear. The one that went viral in the Internet for its superb size. It's much taller than me and bigger than the door. I saw two hands were holding it, but I could not see his face clearly for he was completely covered by the bear. 

"Surprise!" A big smiley face showed up. It's the youngest son of Uncle Ming-Ming Tai. He was serving the army. Why would such a masculine man bought and sent such a feminine gift to me?  It's hard to imagine that. 

"Such a cute bear. Is it for me? Thank you so much, brother Tai". I hugged it. Its fur is so soft and tender, like cotton. But the bear is too big and it takes us quite a while to move it into my room with me dragging it in the bedroom and brother Tai pushing it outside. 

"Where should we put it?" asked Brother Tai. 

I looked around my room and think it over. 

"How about right beside your bed?"

"No, I would never fall asleep with such a big one staring at me at night. " I refuted. 

"Then next to the chair? You can cuddle it when you study in front of the desk."

"Absolutely not. It would distract me." Oh I see "Put it right in front of the sofa. I can sit directly on the bear when reading novels. It would be cozy and comfy."

"Good idea!" Brother Tai put the bear down, making it sit opposite to the sofa. Suddenly, the room became a little bit smaller. However, Brother Tai seemed to not want to say goodbye to the bear. He sat onto it and squeezed it with laughter. The fact that a masculine soldier in love with stuff bear shocked me so much.

Hence, when Brother Yang came back at night, I told him the gift. His eyes narrowed and said: "don't pay attention to it. Tai is the youngest one in this house. He loves almost all things with furs crazily. " Later, Brother Yang told me that Brother Tai raised a teddy dog as the pet when he was five years old. He loved it so much that he stayed with it every minute, but Uncle Ming was not happy to see this. He thought a man should be manly and Brother Tai's affection for such a little dog was girly. In this case, he sent the dog away and brought a black-back shepherd back. The shepherd was as tall as Brother Tai who was frightened into cry. However, Uncle Ming neglected that. From then on, Brother Tai gave up the idea of keeping small dogs, and transferred his attention to stuff toys. He even bought a house to store his collections which he never dare to bring back because Uncle Ming would throw them out and he would be beaten as well. 

"It's a shame for Tai." Brother Yang said, "But it's OK for you to keep dogs and have stuff toys. No worries about that."

"em, thanks".I  quite sympathized with Brother Tai, so when he brought stuff toys to me, I would never refuse that even though I was not into them at all. Later, I found this was a big mistake, cause Brother Tai made my room another place for his collection. My room was filled with stuff toys of different sizes, shapes, and colors within one year. 

"Right, your room would be ready and you can move in tomorrow. I would be home to help you."

"Finally. I have only two suitcases and I can handle it on my own. " 

"You should learn to accept, little lady." Brother Yang said with his eyes fixed on mine. "The new semester is around the corner. You might need new stationery. Let's go to the mall and get whatever you need tomorrow afternoon. I'll wait you in the hall 2 P.M." Brother said and left with his cars. He's not home again. 

But he arrived home on time next day. He had lunch with Uncle Ming and me, and helped me move all things into the new room, including the man-height stuff bear bought by Brother Tai. 

The new room is much bigger with a king size bed and a brown leather sofa. There is a brown wooden desk with a chair next to the window as well. A book shelf standing in another wall, but there is no book there. The whole room is in brown, in particular the wallpaper and the carpet. It's more like a man's room rather than a girl's. 

"It must be Brother Yang's idea. He is such a straight man who know little about girls. This room is just a duplicate of his upstairs." I murmured to myself but not dare to let Brother Yang know, and pretended to like the decoration. 

Brother Yang was satisfied to see my smile and said: "I know you are fond of reading but I don't know which genres you prefer. So you have to fill in the blank by yourself. "

"Thank you, Brother Yang. I would." I lowered my gaze and touched the shelf. 

“Unpack your luggage and come downstairs in half an hour. ” he said and left with the door open.

The feeling of moving into the main building is not bad. A big step toward the family of Ming. I'm officially a member of the family now. I have a family once again after being abandoning by my father and becoming a orphan when my mother passed away. It is the harbour where I can take a rest. 

There were not too many items in my suitcases, and all were sorted within twenty minutes. I washed my face and hands, and then rushed downstairs. Brother Yang was sitting on the sofa reading a newspaper with a cigarette on his right hand. He lifted his head and watched me. 

"Let's go!"

Instead of taking me to the nearest shopping mall, he chose the distant one in the suburb. It took us over one hour to get there. After parking the car, we went directly to the stationery section in the 5th floor. There, I was amazed by all those dedicated pens, bags, and so on. I picked three black pens and one red pen, a pink pencil bag, and a pink backpack.

"That's all?" Brother Yang seemed to be surprised to see that I only grabbed a few items.

I nodded. They were pretty but the price was even prettier. We went to the cashier and I was shocked by the fact that the few items costed five thousand, but I kept silent and followed Brother Yang. 

"Let's go downstairs." Brother Yang suggested. The 4th floor is outfit for teenager girls. Mother used to bringing me here but seldom did we buy anything. Mother kept a simple and humble life even though Uncle Ming supports us and we never had any financial issues. Brother Yang was different from mother who would ask me to try on before buying clothes. Brother Yang simply asked the sales to measure me and picked three dresses according to my measurement. The color of the three dress are all light blue. In my eyes,  they are identical or almost the same. The same thing went on again when we came the the third floor, and Brother Yang selected three shoes, two sneaker and one leather. This time, I even did not want to see the price and simply followed behind. 

This is by far the most efficient shopping experience I have ever had. Usually, it takes me a whole day with my mother to buy so many things. But with Brother Yang, half an hour was enough. Maybe that's the difference of man and woman. Man goes shopping to buy something, while woman goes shopping simply for fun. 

Anyway, the fact that I got so many pretty stationery, clothes and shoes excited me. It's not perfect, but good enough though. 

 

0