The Sarcophagus
85 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maine, Carolina, Minne, and Washington enter the Vault, filled with Covenant weapons and Banshees.

Maine, Carolina, Ash, and Washington enter the Vault, filled with Covenant weapons and Banshees

Carolina: Alright everyone, spread out. What we need is here somewhere. It's probably something small, easy to miss. Take as many scans as possible, there may be other things we can use.

Take as many scans as possible, there may be other things we can use

Maine picks up a Brute Shot and growls questioningly. Washington walks by and pauses to compliment Maine

Washington: That's a good look.

Minnesota walks past some weapons and then he stops turns around and walks back to them

Minnesota walks past some weapons and then he stops turns around and walks back to them.

"Oooooh." Minne says. "I like this." Minne picks a gun up.

Cut to York on the radio talking to Carolina in a different room

Cut to York on the radio talking to Carolina in a different room

York: Carolina, Motion Trackers indicate you got an enemy team outside the door.

Cut back to Carolina in the other room with Washington and Maine

Carolina: Well, let's hope they're not as good at picking locks as you are, York. (To Washington and Maine) Alright team, we're about to have company.

Washington: (Coming over) Boss, I've got good news and bad news.

Carolina: Hit me.

Washington: We found the markings we're looking for. The bad news is...They're on that.

Cut to a shot of a large container with the markings that were described in the debriefing, revealing it to be the Sarcophagus.

Cut to a shot of a large container with the markings that were described in the debriefing, revealing it to be the Sarcophagus

Carolina: That?

York: (over radio) Team A, I got us an exit up here. Straight up the stairwell, door to the roof, helipad.

Carolina: (over radio) Copy, I'll radio air support. (to Washington, Minnesota, and Maine) Now, how are we going to get that thing up to the roof?

Maine shrugs and growls

Carolina: (back to radio) York, I saw a window-washing unit on our way into the facility, can you find where it attaches to the building?

Carolina: (back to radio) York, I saw a window-washing unit on our way into the facility, can you find where it attaches to the building?

Cut to York on the roof next to where the window-washing unit attaches to the building

York: (sarcastically) I don't know, that's a tough one. Lemme see what I can do.

Cut back to the rest of Team A.

Washington: What're you up to?

Carolina: Improvising. *She turns to Minne.* "You think it'll work."

Minne is now holding the Plasma Repeater. "Hmmm.... Yeah."

"Good." Carolina says. "Come 'ere Maine."

Washington: Improvising? I hate it when we do that.

Cut to the Insurrection Soldiers trying to weld through the door that leads into the Vault

Cut back to Team A, where Carolina pushes the Sarcophagus on a lift connected to the window-washer unit

Wash and Minne are pointing their weapons at the door.

Wash and Minne are pointing their weapons at the door

"Better hurry!" Wash says.

Carolina: Maine, it should work fine

Carolina: Maine, it should work fine. You're the only one heavy enough to counterbalance.

Maine: Too high.

Carolina: Oh, don't be a baby.

Carolina kicks Maine out the window and shoots the wire holding up the window-washer platform. Maine free-falls down the building, past two Insurrection Soldiers

Soldier #1: Hey, did you hear that noise?

Soldier #2: Probably the sound of you being an idiot.

Soldier #1: Oh, you're probably right...dick-biscuit.

Maine lands near the bottom of the tower and the Sarcophagus launches up to the roof where York is

York: Package is here.

Cut back to Maine. He glances up to the top of the building, growling.

Soldier #3: Stop right there or we'll...shoot? (Maine pulls out his newly acquired Brute Shot while the soldier's voice dwindles in confidence) We-we're gonna need bigger handcuffs. Is-is that a knife? Rifle? Kni-knifle? Aah...!

Cut back to Carolina, Minesota,  and Washington

Carolina: Well that oughta buy us some time.

Washington: I almost feel bad for the people down there.

Carolina: Don't.

Washington: What? I said "almost."

The Insurrection soldiers weld through the door and the halves fly at the Freelancers, who dodge. Washington, Minnesota, and Carolina open fire and kill all of the soldiers except for one. The large soldier walks in dramatically, holding a flamethrower.

Washington: (gesturing with his head) What the fuck is with this guy?

Washington: (gesturing with his head) What the fuck is with this guy?

"This guy" fires his flamethrower and the three freelancers dive for cover

"This guy" fires his flamethrower and the three freelancers dive for cover

Washington: Whoa, that's hot!

Carolina looks to Minne. "Analysis." 

Minnesota, Washington & Carolina open fire at the soldier. The soldier, however, has bullet-proof armor and is unaffected by their gunfire and grenades. He blasts fire at Washington, who clumsily dodges it.

Washington: Hot!

"It's a M7057 Flamethrower. Ammo type: Pyrosene-V. It's range is 13.4 meters (44 feet)" Minne yells as he ducks under some fire.

As the soldier continues is attack, Wash throws a grenade toward him. Unfortunately, the soldier fires at the grenade, causing it to explode

Carolina: I've got this. What The-? Ahh!

The covenant weapons overheat and explode, sending Carolina flying back. A fuel rod cannon lands in the middle of the floor in front of Wash. He dives for it and fires it at the soldier. However, the shot bounces off the floor and misses him.

Washington: What the hell? It bounces?! Who designs a gun that bounces? This is the worst gun ever... of all- ah-

Carolina tackles him out of the way from oncoming fire and they take cover next to Minne.

Carolina: Stay. Low.

Minne looks to Wash. "Sup."

Carolina runs across the room, ducks a burst of fire, hops over a table, runs up the wall, and flips, swinging onto a hanging Banshee. She shoots the flame soldier who burns the ship's cables. Carolina tosses a grenade into the cockpit and jumps off as the grenade explodes and hurls the plane at the flame soldier, knocking him over.

"Minne!" Carolina yells.

Minnesota stands up and catches a Gravity Hammer that Carolina kicks towards him.

"Alley-oop." Minne javelins a Gravity Hammer at Sharkface, knocking him out.

" Minne javelins a Gravity Hammer at Sharkface, knocking him out

"Huh? I'm taking one of those for myself." Minne says as he grabs a Gravity Hammer off the ground and puts it on his back, with his DMR.

Minnesota and Wash regroup with Carolina.

"That guy was a dick!" Wash says to Carolina

"That guy was a dick!" Wash says to Carolina.

"Come on, you two." Carolina says as the three run out of the room.

Washington: That bit with the purple plane? That was just showing off.

They run away as a banshee falls from the ceiling behind them. They arrive at the roof where York is waiting

York: Come on, come on, hurry!

York smashes the control panel to the door, which closes it

York: There, that oughta hold 'em for a while.

Soldiers immediately begin to weld through the door

York: O-kay, maybe not. (He runs over to Wash) Hey, where's Maine?

Wash: Downstairs, keeping our hosts occupied.

Their radios begin broadcasting bruteshot grenade explosions and screaming

York: Man, I almost feel bad for them.

Wash: That's what I said!

Carolina: (over radio) Four-Seven Niner, this is Team Alpha! We need evac on the roof of the tower!

"And please hurry." Minne says over the radio.

Four-Seven Niner: (over radio) Roger that, I'm on it.

York: Come on, it's up... here.

Carolina: You!

Tex is seen kneeling on the rooftop, setting up a device with ambiguous uses. Carolina confronts her.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a4c6d6f76497a503769596358513d3d2d313234383634353636322e313730326665363539323664373835363938353832313538363333362e706e67

"What are you doing here?" Carolina asks, and she looks down at the device at Tex's feet. "Is that a bomb? I knew it?"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f71414561727437427a71316846673d3d2d313234383634353636322e313730326665373735376331636338663632393032303138343337392e706e67

"It was you who blew up the oil platform." Carolina says.

"That thing blew up?" Wash asks.

"Yeah, it was very unnecessary." Minnesota says.

"Somebody's been covering our tracks." Carolina says. "You're on the roster, too but they hid your name. Why did they send you?"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f42582d42504f47536d39785847673d3d2d313234383634353636322e313730326665386535653936336462663636323230313838393732332e706e67

"Hey, I hate to burst up the reunion here, but we've got a problem." York says to the two.

Insurrectionists throw open the door

Demo Man: Let's go, go, go, now! Get into position! Completely surround them!

Hornets and soldiers with jetpacks surround the area

Demo Man: No one get behind me! Drop your weapons! (turns to York) You, dickhead! Disarm the bomb!

York: Easy, easy. No reason to get all dramatic! Okay, let me take a crack.

Demo Man: Just fuckin' do it already!

"Easy,easy, man." York picks up the device and looks at it. "Uh, hey Minne? Is this what I think it is?" York tosses the device to Minnesota.

Minne looks at the device carefully. "Yup." Minne tosses it back to York and he catches it.

"This isn't a bomb..." York starts. "It's a transmitter."

Demo Man: (sighs) Alright, it's not a bomb! Wait, a transmitter? What's it transmitting?

York: Our location.

Demo Man: Why would it do that?

Everybody looks up. Cut to the Mother of Invention in orbit

F.I.L.S.S.: System online, Director. Awaiting your command.

Counselor: If I may Director, I think it would be wise if we-

Director: Shut up, Counselor.

Counselor: Of course, sir.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6f5056567979546b4c69345536413d3d2d313234383634353636322e313730326665633332323938343162303732363237393637383135332e706e67

Lasers begin homing in on the transmitter, while a beeping sound gets louder and closer together until it sounds like one continuous tone

Demo Man: What the hell? There were five of them here! What the fuck is going on?!

Carolina deactivates her camouflage and begins to fight the soldiers. Tex uses her invisibility to join the battle, becoming more and more transparent until the soldiers appear to be getting beat up by air.

Demo Man: What did I say?! I said one thing! Keep them in front of me!

Minne begins to scramble to pick up his weapons that he dropped.

York: Hey man. You mind holding this for me for a sec?

Demo Man: What?

York: Thank you!

York hands the transmitter to the Red Demo Man and slides away

The Red Demo Man, hearing the beeping, looks up. Cut back to the Mother of Invention. It is turning toward the target

F.I.L.S.S.: Target locked.

Director: Fire.

F.I.L.S.S.: Firing main cannon.

The "Mother of Invention" fires its MAC cannon.

Demo Man: Oh, son of a...

The building gets hit by the blast. The glass on the building explodes outwards as everyone flies back from the explosion. The blast also creates a massive gaping hole on the roof. Tex spots a Pelican in the sky, grabs a jetpack from a dead soldier and uses its momentum to kick the Sarcophagus off the building. She then flies off. York, Wash, & Carolina also see the Pelican hovering over them. The three begin to run towards the edge of the building as the hole crumbles down behind them.

Carolina: (vaulting over a chunk of crumbling roof) This must be karma for kicking Maine out the window!

York: I don't wanna do thiiisss!!!

Washington: SON OF A BIIIIIIIITCH!!!

They jump off the building, with the Pelican rushing down behind them. The three Freelancers freefall down the building headfirst, avoiding oncoming debris and other falling soldiers. Carolina reaches for the Sarcophagus and stands on it. Four Seven Niner tries to get the Pelican in position with Carolina

Four-Seven Niner: Line it up! Come on! Come on! Stay on target!

Four-Seven Niner opens the Pelican's back hatch and begins to slow it down. Suddenly, two Hornets appear and begin to fire at them. Carolina hops off the Sarcophagus and Washington takes her place on it. He fires his rifle at a Hornet and manages to take it down mid-air. Tex appears, flying on her jetpack

Washington: WAAAAAHHH!!

She successfully pushes Wash & the Sarcophagus safely inside the Pelican. Tex's armor sparks blue

Washington: Oof! Ow...

Four-Seven Niner: Hold on!

Four Seven Niner balances the Pelican and flies off

Tex: Get the package back to Command, now!

Four-Seven Niner: On it!

Cut to York & Carolina still in freefall. They are now very close to the ground

York: Well, there goes our ride.

Carolina: You think maybe we should've had a fallback plan?

York: Hey, what happened to Maine?

Maine suddenly appears, catching the two in a Warthog

York: Whoa!! Are we in a car?!

The Warthog enters a tunnel. In the background, the 110 story building slowly crumbles down to the ground. The Warthog then exits the tunnel, with Maine quickly swerving through traffic and dodging oncoming cars (the majority of which have flashing red-and-blue lights on top of their roofs). York is riding shotgun and Carolina is on the turret

"Has anyone seen Minne?" Carolina asks.

Cut back to the top of the target building.

Minne is panicking. "AHHH! They left without me!" The building starts to collapse and tilt back. "Oh. crap!"

Minnesota begins to stumble back as the building begins to fall.

Minne puts a hand to his helmet. "Hello, Mother of Invention?"

"We read you, Agent Minnesota, go ahead." F.I.L.S.S says

Minne ducks as a soldier's body flies past him. "F.I.L.S.S, can you fire ordinance pod 0142 on my position? Please?"

"Acknowledged, Firing Pod 0142."

Minne runs towards the edge of the building and something crashes into the side and Minnesota jumps for it.

Cut back to the inside of the Pelican. Four Seven Niner is on the radio with Command

Four Seven Niner: Command, this is Four Seven Niner. The Sarcophagus is secure, I repeat, the Sarcophagus is secure, we are inbound. (fading away) I managed to get two agents aboard, remaining team's status is unknown.

Pan back to Wash & Tex in the hangar. Tex's jetpack sparks

Washington: So, jetpacks, huh?

Tex places the damaged jetpack on top of the Sarcophagus and jumps out of the Pelican

Washington: That was interesting.

The Pelican closes its back hatch and flies away

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-18-2022

4