Spiral
84 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hope you're ready for some Minnesota action!)

Fade into Blood Gulch. Church walks up to Tex, who is working on Sheila.

Tex: (muttering) Come on, damn it. (sighs)

Church: Still won't start huh?

Tex: No. But it's getting there.

Church: Did you uhh... try checking the starter?

Tex: (sarcastically) Oh, what a brilliant idea. Next you're gonna' ask me if I tried the keys.

Church: You have keys?

Tex: No.

Church: How do you know so much about vehicles?

Tex: Well, during the training. We had to learn to care for our equipment. Plus, I've always liked cars.

Church: Uhh... training huh? Was that before...

Tex: Before what? Before I was killed? Before you brought me back as, whatever I am now?

Church: Oh. You know about that?

Tex: Well, of course I do. I know what you know. You made me.

Church: Well...no, not me.

Tex: Whatever. Him.

Church: Why did he do it? I...don't even remember when you first came around, you were just...kinda' there one day. It was like uhh... a training session or something like that.

Tex: (sighs) Yeah, Wyoming and Maine. Big dummies.

Church: Well, why did he bring you back?

Tex: You know what Church, I don't know? You tell me. He didn't exactly ask me what wanted, I just kinda' came along for the ride, I didn't get a vote.

Church: But you were there when Alpha was there. Nobody else was.

Tex: I don't know. What can I say? I guess we were inseparable.

Sheila suddenly activates.

Tex: There you go! Tank's fixed! See what happens when you treat something right?

Church: Yeah. Yeah, as a matter of fact I think I do.

Cut to Minnesota driving down a highway.

"Not good!" Minne yells as he avoids some gun fire from three Hornets following him.

Suddenly two Warthogs appear and begin to fire at Minne.

Minne swerves to the side and avoids a rocket from a soldier on top of a truck.

"I wish I had help!" Minne yells as someone flies over him and lands on the hood of the Warthog.

The soldier aims a gun battle rifle at Minne. Minnesota growls and does a sharp right as the soldier open fires, the bullets missing Minnesota, except one, it strikes him in the right shoulder.

"CRAP!" Minne yells and he bulls out a pistol and shoots the soldier in the head, killing him. The battle rifle flies through the air and Minnesota catches it.

The soldier's body falls off the hood. Minne looks back and sees another soldier aiming a rocket launcher at Minne.

Minne looks up to the group of Hornets above the Rocket guy. 

"Here goes nothing!"

Minne aims the battle rifle, one handed, at the rocket guy and fires.  The bullets strike the solider and he falls down, but fires into the air.

The rocket hits one of the hornet's engines  and it flies to the side and crashes into another Hornet, blowing them both up.

"Why is everything blowing up!" Minne yells as he sets the rifle down and continues driving.

"Minne!" Carolina yells over the radio. "Where are you!" Gunshots are heard on the radio.

A warthog slams into Minne's and he struggles to drive straight.

"Dealing with my own problems." Minne yells.

Minnesota grabs a grenade off his belt and pulls the pin. "Bye boys!"

Minne tosses the grande into the lap of the driver of the Warthog.

Minne slams on the brakes and the other Warthog speeds ahead and after a few seconds blows up.

Minne then slams on the gas as a Hornet flies above him.

Someone jumps off the hornet and pulls a katana off their back. They land on the back of the Warthog.

"Huh?" Minne turns around. "Crap!" He yells as the figure stabs their sword at him. 

Minne moves to the side, but not in time as the sword pierces through his right shoulder.

"WHY!" Minne yells in pain.

Minne almost loses control of the Warthog as it swerves a few times and nearly flips. The figure in the back almost falls out.

"Who brings a sword to a gun fight!" Minne yells.

"Who brings a hammer to a car chase?" The soldier says with a female voice.

The soldier grabs her sword and twists as she pulls it out.

"FUCK!" Minne yells in pain.

Minne ducks as the female soldier swings her sword for his head. Ash slams on the brakes and turns the wheel to the side hard.

The Warthog turns to the side and tilts to the right. The female soldier stumbles to the side and steady's herself, only to get punched in the face by Minne.

The female soldier stumbles back and grabs onto the gun of the Warthog to not fall off.

Minne pulls his pistol out and shoots the soldier in the chest. The soldier looks up to Minne before she falls off and rolls down the highway.

Minne sits down and continues to drive, he puts a hand on his right shoulder. Then he pulls his hand back and dark red blood covers his hand.

Minne takes a deep breath. "Still got couple problems."

Minne looks in his side mirror to see a Warthog driving up towards him. Suddenly the mirror is shot off by the machine gunner.

Minne ducks as bullets fly over him. Minne looks up as a missile from the last Hornet strikes the ground near Minne's Warthog.

Minne's Warthog becomes airborne and the pilot of the Hornet see Minne get up from his seat and pull out his Plasma Repeater. 

"Hello, Boy!" 

The pilots freak out as Minnesota fires plasma into the cockpit, hitting the pilot and the controls.

Minne's Warthog lands on the ground and Hornet spins out of control in the background and crashes.

Minee looks back to the last Warthog only to see a bright red laser from the Warthog. Minne looks down to see a red laser trained on his chest. 

Minne quickly grabs the DMR off his back and fires a few rounds at the driver of the Warthog. A loud crack is heard and Minne nearly falls out of the Warthog as a sniper round strikes his right shoulder.

The enemy Warthog swerves out of control and does a barrel roll.

Minne groans in pain as he sits down and presses a few buttons and grabs the steering wheel of the Warthog.

"What is with people and my right shoulder today?"

Minne looks down and his right shoulder is covered in blood. Minne puts a hand on his shoulder and he hisses in pain. "That's gonna leave a mark."

Minne looks ahead to see the tunnel doors close. "Crap."

Minne presses a few buttons on the console and he stands up and grabs the Gravity Hammer and makes his way to the back of the Warthog.

Minne holds the Gravity Hammer in his hands and he tests the weight, then he looks to the hood of the Warthog.

"I hope this works." Minne says as the Warthog is nearing the closed off tunnel. 

Minne takes a deep breath and he aims the Gravity Hammer to the sky and he throws it up.

"Please work!" Minne yells.

The Gravity Hammer comes down and slams into the hood of the Warthog, causing the backend to flip up, flinging Minnesota into the air.

Minnesota flies through the air and lands on top of the tunnel and he begins to run.

Down to the highway.

York stares at Minne's Warthog that slammed into the tunnel and exploded.

"Was the Minne?" He asks as he runs off.

Over to Minne. 

He's running along the roof of the tunnel at high speeds and he sees Tex use a ramp to fling her motorcycle into a Hornet.

The sleeveless Insurrectionist uses his jetpack to escape. He gains his balance and flies off with the briefcase.

Sleeveless Insurrectionist: Woah!

Tex lands on the road and Carolina sprints past her. She leaps off the road and uses her grappling hook to keep up with the sleeveless soldier. 

"Darn!"

A Hornet flies next to Minne and a soldier on the side of it aims a sniper at Minnesota.

Minnesota ducks as a bullet flies over head, Minne sees the end of the tunnel coming up and he looks towards the Hornet near him.

Minne veers off and runs towards the Hornet as dodges a few sniper rounds.

Minne leaps off the edge and lands on the Hornet. Minne grabs the neck of the sniper and he throws him off the side.

The soldier screams as he falls down onto the highway and gets run over by a truck.

Minnesota grabs the hatch of the Hornet and rips it open. The soldier yells as Minne grabs him and throws him out of the Hornet. The Hornet begins to spin our of control as Minnesota hops into the cockpit and takes control of the Hornet and flies after Carolina.

Something starts to beep and Minne looks down to the controls and sees the missile locked on light blinking.

"This is not my day." Minne says as he begins to take evasive maneuver.

A missile flies past the Hornet and another explodes next to it.  Behind Minne's Hornet are two other Hornets chasing him.

Minne takes his Hornet down and under a construction crane as the two Hornets fire their machine guns at him.

A hornet fires a missile and Minne's hornet does a barrel roll and avoids the missile.

Minne flies past a building as a another missile strikes it.

The two other Hornets close in and suddenly Minne's Hornet. Flies up and flips behind the two and fires missiles. Striking one of the Hornets, blowing it up.

Minne guns down the second Hornet and continues to fly towards Carolina. 

"Now that's dealt with." Minne says.

Suddenly a beeping goes off and a missile strikes the cockpit of MInne's hornet.

"No, no, no, no,  no, no!" Minne yells as he crashes down towards a highway.

Minne opens the hatch up and stands up. A large piece of glass is in Minne's right shoulder. 

Suddenly the Hornet starts to spin out of control as Minne takes the glass out of his shoulder.

"My shoulder is so numb." Minne jumps out of the Hornet and does a few rolls as he lands on the ground. 

The Hornet crashes behind him.

Over with Carolina.

Carolina sees a car coming and curls up to slide underneath it. Part of her armor scrapes against the underside of the car, and she is sent flying through the air and her back hits a wall on the street. As Carolina stands her helmet detaches. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f36344c475555526b4358644678513d3d2d313234383636343034372e313730333033623365343262363832353738363232303939353532362e706e67

She sees the briefcase across from her, where Tex picks it up.

Tex: (over radio) Command, the package is secure. Headin' home.

Director: (over radio) Excellent work Agent Texas.

Tex: (over radio) Thank you sir. (to Carolina) Better luck next time, Carolina.

Tex hops of the edge of the road.

"Hey." Carolina hears Minnesota's voice and she looks to the side and sees Minne walking up to her with a hand on his right shoulder. Blood seeps down his arm and chest. "You okay?"

Carolina nods. "I should be asking you that?"

Minne waves his hand off. "Tis but a scratch."

A Pelican approaches Carolina and Minnesota. and descends. The back hatch opens where the other Freelancers are seen inside. York lends out his hand to Carolina in which she takes.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f45393847457255757644794234513d3d2d313234383636343034372e313730333033643635633232383966333232333831323537323937362e706e67

York helps Carolina in and York holds his hand out to Minne.

"At least buy me dinner first." Minne says to York.

Minnesota grabs York's hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-18-2022

4