Chapter 103: The Founding Festival (pt. II)
237 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their faces covered by dark hoods, five figures walked ever so silently along the crowded and lively streets, with an enigmatic air about them, they gazed upon the crowd with cautious eyes.

Without a single warning, one of the figures abruptly halted her foot from taking another step, causing the others to freeze on their tracks. When they looked back to see what happened to her, they could see her body trembling slightly, with her face flushed red.

"I can't take it anymore! This is so embarrassing!" [Elise]

Not being able to handle it anymore, Elise took off her hood and vented out her frustration by yelling out loud, drawing the attention of others towards us. Especially with how embarrassed her face was.

It has only been about 20 minutes since the group started exploring with their hood on and in that span of time, they have successfully drawn the attention of many. It had totally become the opposite of Grey and Yuna's original purpose.

Of course, with so many eyes looking at them, it was bound that one of them would quit from embarrassment sooner or later. It just so happened that it was sooner rather than later, with Elise being the first one to quit.

"Eh? Elder Sister, you're blowing our cover!" [Eliza]

"Sorry, Liz, but it's just too embarrassing! There are just too many people looking at us!" [Elise]

"I... I wanna go home..." [Elaine]

Contrary to Eliza, Elise and Elaine were actually just forced into wearing the hoods because they weren't able to resist the former's innocent pleas. But after walking in the streets for minutes, they weren't able to handle it anymore.

While it was true that it is normal for adventurers to wear outfits with hoods in them, the same cannot be said for normal citizens. On top of that, there was a child along the group, making them stand out even more.

If it were just Grey and Yuna, it wouldn't have been conspicuous since there were only the two of them, but since their numbers increased to five, people started looking at them from time to time.

Far apart from Eliza's enthusiastic expression, Elise and Elaine were only filled with embarrassment. The founding festival they have looked forward to for days was now completely in tatters. They have become an exhibition in the crowd.

"Please~! Elder Sister! Elder Sister Elaine! Only for today! Please~!" [Eliza]

"Sorry, Liz, I just can't take it anymore. People have already started looking at us with suspicion." [Elise]

"That's right, Liz. Rather than adventurers, we look like a band of criminals about to do something terrible." [Elaine]

Elaine and Elise explained their thoughts to Eliza carefully and thoroughly, making sure that the latter understood what they were trying to imply.

Eliza, after hearing what they wanted to express, looked around the crowd, only to realize that they had already become the center of attention, further proving her older sister and cousin's point.

"I understand..." [Eliza]

Having no way to turn the conversation around, Elia was left with nothing to do but hang her head in dejection. It was evident that she really wanted to continue playing with the hoods on.

Seeing Eliza's gloomy expression, a sense of guilt sprouted both in Elise and Elaine's hearts. The more time passed, the more that guilt grew inside their hearts, gnawing on their conscience.

There were two expressions which Eliza unknowingly uses which makes others comply with her requests. One was an innocent plea, while the other was her dejected expression. The current was the latter.

"Uuu... Fine! But only until lunch, alright?! After that, I'll be taking this hood off and that's final!" [Elise]

Not being able to handle seeing her little sister in such a sorry state, Elise steeled herself for the upcoming embarrassing moments she will surely remember and wore her hood once again.

"Haah... I'll only wear this until lunch too..." [Elaine]

Like dominos falling one after another, after Elise resigned herself to Eliza's request, Elaine followed suit and also wore her hood, ending her statement with a lengthy and barely audible sigh.

While they were able to resist Eliza's innocent pleas, both of them were still powerless against Eliza's gloomy mood. The little girl had become a great mind manipulator without even noticing it herself.

"Yay! I love you, Elder Sister! Elder Sister Elaine!" [Eliza]

"Liz, too tight! You're hugging too tightly!" [Elise]

Bouncing back from extremely sad to extremely happy, Liz wasn't able to help herself but hug Elise and Elaine without restraint. Thankfully, all three of them were about the same strength, otherwise, their bones would have been crushed.

While Grey and Yuna were happy they resolved their problem, they also felt a little conflicted. They were a little envious that the three could just take off their hoods anytime they want, something neither of them can do.

"Excuse me... Is there a problem here?"

Answering to the commotion the group had caused, three steel-armored knights came towards them to assess the situation with their own eyes. All wearing vigilant expressions as they eyed the situation.

It wasn't the first time they had seen knights patrolling around. Just a few moments before, there were also soldiers and knights patrolling the streets to ensure that peace and order was retained in the festival.

Compared to the previous years, security has become even tighter with the threat of Iblis' revenge present. As they didn't know the enemy's plans, all they could do was brace themselves for the worst and make sure the citizens' safety was ensured.

It has already been a week since the familiars have been sent to monitor the city and they have yet to report to Grey and Yuna any abnormalities they have witnessed. If there was something noteworthy, it was that they were able to catch some petty thieves and troublemakers along the days.

Of course, it was still a top secret matter which only the knights and those in high power knew of. It was the very reason why the knights' vigilance and sensitivity are on a whole another level.

'Hmm... Is this mandatory, I wonder...' [Grey]

Grey thought to himself as he looked at the knights who were on duty during such a joyous festival. He pitied them a little that they couldn't enjoy the festivities because of their responsibilities.

"Sorry for the trouble, you see..." [Grey]

Without wasting a single second, Grey walked towards the knights and explained the situation to them. He didn't want them to spend the festival in jail because of a simple misunderstanding, after all.

At first, the knights were perplexed after hearing the reason, but Grey was able to convince them after some time. Well, rather than convince, all he had to do was actually just reveal his identity to them.

"Y-Your Highー"

"Shhh~! We're going incognito right now, so as much as possible, I would like it if you can keep our secret. Can I trust you on that?" [Grey]

"O-Of course! You can count on us!"

Thankfully, the knights were all tight-lipped and didn't spread out the word to the bystanders. Rather, the knights were all gung-ho after learning about Grey's identity as if they just met their idols.

There was also something strange happening about the knights after they learnt about Grey's identity. For reasons unknown to Grey, they acted a little fidgety as if they were high school girls acting bashful in front of their crushes.

"Uh... Umm... Yourー I mean, Sir, could we have your... umm... autograph?"

The knights have totally become fanboys as they timidly asked Grey, making the latter feel conflicted about the current situation. They even had a piece of high-quality papers and magic pens with them that they got from god knows where.

Elation was quickly painted over their faces as soon as Grey agreed to their requests and even more so when Yuna was called over to sign as well. They signed with their mana imprinted, creating authentic and non-replicable autographs.

There was no end to the happiness the knights felt. One even went as far as saying he'll make it his family's heirloom. It was a very unexpected reaction. It was the best that happened to them on such a tiring day.

"Ahem... Well then, it seems that everything is alright. We'll be heading out now."

"Yeah, thank you for your service." [Grey]

"Continue your good work~!" [Yuna]

As if nothing happened, the knights went back to their patrol, seemingly unfazed even after learning about Grey and Yuna's, though in reality, they were all on cloud nine after receiving their autograph.

"Sorry for the commotion, did everything go well?" [Elise]

"Yeah, don't worry about it... Well then, where shall we head nexー" [Grey]

Grooowwwlllll

Grey was about to ask where they would be heading next, but before he could finish his words, a peculiar sound rang throughout everyone's ears. It is the sound of Eliza's hungry stomach.

After hearing such a sound, everyone's eyes shifted towards Eliza, and the person in question looked at her stomach for a short second and then looked at her sister's eyes, obviously asking for help.

"Haah... This is why I told you to eat breakfast before we head out. Sorry, everyone, but can we have an early lunch first?" [Elise]

"Pfft. Yeah, sounds good to me." [Grey]

"I'm also fine with it." [Elaine]

"Un. I'm also feeling a little hungry myself." [Yuna]

While everyone agreed to Elise's suggestion, one of them in particular answered her a little differently. Of course, that person was none other than Yuna, who was also a little hungry herself.

With everyone in agreement, all of five of them headed to the central plaza wherein not just dozens but hundreds of stalls were installed. A place where delicacies ranging from seafoods, meats, fruits, vegetables, and even desserts. It was heaven for food lovers.

Well, even if one was not a food lover, it was a place where everyone could enjoy. If there was a food that one was thinking of, the central plaza surely has it. One just needs to do a little bit of exploration.

"Waah~! There's so much food! What should we try first?!" [Eliza]

"First"... That word rang inside Grey's ears as clear as day. It was a word which meant that she was planning to have a taste on all of them. She had really become a mini version of Yuna.

Of course, Yuna also looked at the food stalls with similarly shimmering eyes like Eliza. Her and Eliza's combined excitement was too much that they looked like they were shining.

"Hold up, Liz, we need to find a table first." [Grey]

"If it's a table, then leave it to us. Elaine and I will find a good place." [Elise]

"Eh? But Elise, Elaine, what about the foods you want to eat?" [Yuna]

"Don't worry, Yuna, I'm not a picky eater, and since Liz and I pretty much have the same tastes, I'm sure it will be fine." [Elise]

"Elise's right, Yuna. You don't need to worry about us. I'm sure you'll pick the most delicious foods!" [Elaine]

At first, Yuna was worried about whether the foods they would pick would suit Elaine and Elise's palate, but after hearing their words, Yuna was reassured and she was able to regain her calm.

"Well then, see you later~!" [Elise]

"Bring lots and lots of foods, alright~?" [Elaine]

"Un!" [Yuna]

Having waved their goodbyes, Elise and Elaine then headed out in search to find a good table wherein they would be able to have their early lunch with unusually enthusiastic expressions on their faces.

While Grey was not really picky about tables, he hoped that they would find a big one. After all, with his and Yuna's appetite, along with the fact that there was a festival, it was already sure that they would bring in a lot of dishes.

"Well then, shall we also begin our own quest?" [Grey]

"Un! Let's buy lots of delicious foods!" [Yuna]

"And sweets, too!" [Eliza]

Like adventurers heading out into the wild, the little group of three ventured stall after stall in search of delicious delicacies spread out across the vast plaza, not letting a single stall get unnoticed.

Skewers, stews, grilled fish, roasted meats, cakes, breads, and there were even things they had only seen for the first time! It was like a shopping spree for them except that rather than things such as clothes and appliances, they were only buying foods to fill their stomachs.

"Grey, how about this one!" [Yuna]

"Ah, I'll have five of those." [Grey]

"Elder Brother Grey, these ones too!" [Eliza]

"I'd like another five of those, too." [Grey]

Point here, point there, point everywhere. Every time a certain food catches their attention, Yuna and Eliza would always ask Grey to buy it for them, and since it won't just be them who will be eating them, they end up buying five of each dish.

If it weren't for Grey's "Inventory", none of them would have been able to carry all the foods they have bought. Grey didn't even know how much they had bought or whether they would fit on the table. They just bought and bought some more.

As for the money they have spent, since they weren't buying in luxurious restaurants, they were able to buy them cheaply. In spite of that, the money they spent still reached hundreds if not thousands of kiels.

The hoods they were wearing had also begun getting more and more useless as time passed. Just the fact that they were purchasing so many foods, they have already gathered a lot of attention.

"Huh? Isn't that... Ah! Grey!" [Julius]

As the three continued their shopping spree, a familiar voice called out to Grey from out of the blue. It was none other than Julius, who was also wearing a hooded cloak, hiding his identity just like them.

"Huh? Weren't you on the parade?" [Grey]

"Father already finished his speech, so I am free now. And by the looks of it, it looks like you're also going incognito." [Julius]

"Well, after what happened yesterday, I don't think we can still go around the city without getting recognized." [Grey]

"We...?" [Julius]

"Yeah. Yuna is also with me." [Grey]

Grey said whilst nonchalantly pointing his right index finger at the figure who was merrily selecting the kinds of foods she wanted to taste at a certain stall. She has yet to notice Julius.

"I see... But who's that child whose action's resemble Yuna's?" [Julius]

Seeing the small hooded figure who was Eliza, Julius asked a question to satisfy his curiosity, and even though he had only seen the little girl for the first time, his observations were already on point.

"Ah, that's Elise's younger sister, Eliza, but we usually call her Liz. But... speaking of which, are you all alone?" [Grey]

"Well, not really... I'm actually meeting up with Amelia here. She should be here any moment now." [Julius]

"Oh, so it's a rendezvous date, huh... I see, I see." [Grey]

Grey said teasingly whilst looking at Julius with a smug face, trying to annoy him for no reason whatsoever. It was super effective as Julius quickly snapped with a flustered face about him.

It was usually Julius who would tease Grey about Yuna when they were in the Royal Academy and Grey would take revenge by increasing the difficulty of his training a little bit. It was a common occurrence for them to annoy one another.

"Shut up. You're also with Yuna so you're also on a dateー" [Julius]

"Guess who~?" [Amelia]

Before Julius could finish his statement, Amelia's small and delicate pearly hands covered his eyes, stopping him from doing so. Grey was too caught up in teasing Julius that he also didn't notice Amelia's approach.

"Umm... Hello, Amelia..." [Grey]

"Kyaaa!!" [Amelia]

Unfortunately for Amelia, she wasn't able to notice that Grey was actually present. The moment Grey greeted her with a friendly smile, her face immediately became flustered red.

Because of extreme embarrassment, Amalia quickly hid her flushed face behind her hands and shrunk herself to the ground, accompanied with a very loud, high-pitched girly scream.

The surrounding crowd quickly searched for the source of the voice, and found the embarrassed Amelia clinging to Julius' trousers. Thankfully, they were able to stop a misunderstanding from brewing and everything returned to normal.

"Grey, what was that scream all about?" [Yuna]

"Ah, you see..." [Grey]

Rather than explaining it in words, Grey just shifted his eyes towards Julius and Amelia, and Yuna's eyes followed, making her understand the situation vaguely, but enough for her to put the pieces together.

"Good morning, Julius, Amelia." [Yuna]

"Good morning as well, Yuna." [Julius]

"G... Good... morning... Yuna..." [Amelia]

It only took about a few seconds, but after that very short exchange of greetings, Amelia was able to recover from her recent embarrassing moment, though her face was still a little flushed.

"By the way, this is Eliza, Elise's younger sister." [Grey]

"I-I am E-Eliza von Landevar, y-you can call me Liz. I-It's a pleasure to m-meet you, Y-Your Hi-Higness and La-Lady Amelia!" [Eliza]

Unfamiliar with greeting a royalty and other nobles, Eliza stuttered to introduce herself towards Julius and Amelia, obviously nervous and scared that she might do something that might offend them.

Of course, the two in question weren't offended in any way at all, rather, they felt fluffy inside after seeing such an adorable display from Eliza. Eliza had yet again captured the hearts of others.

"HaHaha, you're too stiff. I'm incognito right now, so you can just call me Julius. Liz, was it...?" [Julius]

"Y-Yes!" [Eliza]

"You can just call me Amelia, too. It's a pleasure to meet you, Liz." [Amelia]

While she was nervous to the point she might collapse at any second at first, after Julius and Amelia introduced themselves, Eliza calmed down a little bit and started to relax herself around them.

"By the way, are the two of you here for lunch?" [Grey]

"Well, not really, but if that's an invitation from you, then I wouldn't refuse your courteous offer." [Julius]

"Still as sly as usual, huh. Alright, we'll treat you but I don't want to hear any whining if you don't like the food we bought." [Grey]

"Well, beggars can't be choosers, after all." [Julius]

"Even as a joke, that saying is not funny if a prince is the one saying it." [Grey]

"Haah... You're no fun, Grey." [Julius]

While Grey and Julius were talking about lunch and other things, the girls themselves were also engaged in an entirely different topic, mostly centered around how lovely Eliza's hooded cloak was.

After a few more minutes of exploring the plaza, they finally met up with Elise and Elaine who were tasked to find themselves a table, and luckily, they were able to find one in a good location that can seat all of them, Julius and Amelia included.

Elise and Elaine were baffled at first as to why Julius and Amelia were with the three, but after a few seconds of explanation, they wholly understood what happened and commented nothing about it.

"So, where are all the things you've bought? I assume it's in your storage ring?" [Julius]

"Yeah, just wait a little bit." [Grey]

Not wasting a single movement, Grey hastily retrieved all the foods and drinks they had bought from his "Inventory", and it was only at that moment where that Grey realized how much they had bought

"What the heck..." [Julius]

Julius wore a very dumbfounded and surprised face as his eyes widened, seeing all the things Grey, Yuna, and Eliza bought. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that they can fill the bellies of 30 people full.

""""You bought too many!!""""

In perfect sync, Elise, Elaine, Julius, and Amelia voiced out their thoughts towards the three who bought the foods, reprimanding our thoughtless actions. Needless to say, they received quite the long scolding.

CHAPTER 103 END

4