Chapter 104: The Founding Festival (pt. III)
228 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the sun on its zenith, a figure lay powerless beside a plaza table, his face screaming with nausea and his belly aching from too much pain. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he was being tormented by his own body.

"Argh... I don't think I can eat any more food for today... My stomach is about to burst from eating too much..." [Julius]

Julius grumbled in a low voice as he gently stroked his belly with his right hand, all while trying to prevent himself from vomiting from eating too much. He felt as if he was in hell.

It was not just Julius who was in a sorry state. Elise, Elaine, and Amelia were also in a similar state, and the cause of it was none other than the amount of food that Grey, Yuna, and Eliza bought thoughtlessly.

'Haah... Seriously, what a bunch of idiots...' [Grey]

Grey had already warned them to only eat the amount their stomachs can handle, but for the reason that they didn't want any food to go to waste, they insisted on finishing all the food brought to the table.

At first, all of them had the spirits of warriors as if they were heading into a dangerous battlefield, but after eating about twice as usual, they started to slow down and pain soon struck them.

Of course, the ones who brought the food were perfectly fine. It was not that they finished everything but rather, they just stopped when they felt full. The rest was stored inside Grey's "Inventory", to be eaten sometime in the future.

"Grey... Do you have any magic that can quicken the digestion of the things we ate? Surely, you have one, right?" [Julius]

"No, there's no such thing. You have to endure that yourselves." [Grey]

"Grey, you're so merciless..." [Julius]

Julius looked at Grey with pained eyes as he grumbled those words. The way he looked, it was as if he was on the verge of dying. It was something that he and the others brought upon themselves.

There was no lie in Grey's words when he replied to Julius. If it was a grave wound, a fatal disease, or even mending the soul of others, he could do it with holy magic. But one for indigestion? Grey has no such thing.

Thankfully, Grey was not a merciless person like Julius described. Even though it was their own faults for eating too much, it was also partly his for buying too much food to eat. Everyone was to blame.

Seeing the four of them in such a pitiful state, Grey thought of a way to lessen the pain they felt. Although he isn't able to solve indigestion, there are still things that he could do for them as their friend.

""Heal" "Cure"" [Grey]

Without wasting another second, Grey hastily casted a pair of recovery spells on the four of them, easing the pain they were suffering and removing the nausea they felt. It was a temporary but effective solution.

"Th... Thanks... That's a lot better..." [Julius]

"Thank you, Grey..." [Amelia]

"I only removed the pain and nausea, your fullness is still there so don't move around recklessly or you'll surely vomit." [Grey]

""""Yes...""""

After Grey reminded them of their current status, the four of them slowly stood up from their seats and carefully moved their body around, trying to figure out the limits of the things they can do before getting wasted.... again...

While the four of them checked out their bodies, Grey, on the other hand, was waiting for Yuna and Eliza to come back from wherever they had ventured to, using his "Divine Eyes" for a better view.

After they finished their lunch, Yuna and Eliza said they were going to look around the plaza once again to search for a medicine for the four's stomach ache. It has already been several minutes and have still yet to come back.

'Hmm... Where had those two gone off...' [Grey]

Grey pondered as he looked at the nearby stalls. Even using the maximum range of his "Heaven's Eye", he still didn't spot them. It only meant that they had gone more than a kilometer away in search of medicine.

Normally, people would be very worried when one of their precious ones have been gone for too long, but it was not the case for Grey. He was neither worried nor bothered about the current situation.

After all, Yuna was an S-ranker. Even if some people were to try and harm them, the opposite would happen, they would be the ones who'll experience a world of pain. It would be even more horrifying if they pissed off Yuna.

Even if the attackers were to pin the blame to Yuna and ask help from the knights, it would be useless. It was a no-brainer to answer who the knights would trust, a group of shady scallywags or a hero of the kingdom.

『Everyone, how's the situation?』 [Grey]

With nothing else left to do, Grey contacted the familiars to see if there were any suspicious developments. Though he wanted to enjoy the founding festival, he just couldn't let his guard down.

『Nothing noteworthy had happened yet, Master.』 [Polaris]

『I could say the same on my side, Master』 [Sirius]

『Same here.』 [Canopus]

『No problems her either.』 [Kentaurus]

『Negative, Master.』 [Arcturus]

The same answers rang from the familiars' mouths once again. They have already been on watch for a week yet they have yet to spot something shady. All they saw were merry people going out and about the festival.

『Alright, I'll contact you again later. Keep up the good work.』 [Grey]

『『『『『Yes!』』』』』

Short and simple, the conversation ended as quickly as it started. Although positive responses came from the familiars, Grey couldn't put off an ominous feeling brewing inside his heart. It was as if it was calm before the storm.

"Everyone, we're back!" [Yuna]

"We brought medicine!" [Eliza]

As Grey was thinking of such a thought, Yuna and Eliza came back coincidentally with a sizable bag full of things. As neither Yuna nor Eliza knew what was the best medicine, they bought more than what was planned.

After Yuna gave Grey the medicines they have bought, the latter quickly checked it using "Appraisal" and gave the best medicine to the four of them, relieving their stomach aches immediately.

"Ahh... That's much better..." [Julius]

Julius, who looked like he was about to die a few moments ago now looked like he could run a thousand laps. The others were also feeling much better than before as they rested on the benches.

"Elder Sister, Elder Sister Elaine, are you alright now?" [Eliza]

"Yeah, thanks for worrying, Liz." [Elise]

"Yes! I'm feeling much better now!" [Elaine]

In response to Eliza's worried eyes, Elise tightly embraced Eliza while Elaine closed her fist snappily, trying to convey to the young girl how much better they were feeling. And as the person subject to their actions, Eliza's mood improved drastically.

Disregarding everyone's reactions, Grey was very impressed how quickly the medicine worked. They were able to make Julius and the others' pain subside in less than a minute.

Yuna could also create a potion with much better effects, but the fact that what they took in was just common medicine, it was impressive. Even more so since Merusia was very far behind Earth's medical technology. Grey couldn't help himself but be in awe.

"So, where are we heading next?" [Julius]

As if his stomach ache never even happened, Julius nonchalantly asked a peculiar question, acting as if it had been decided that they would all be enjoying the founding festival together.

But rather than that, what was worrying Grey was that their numbers have increased. Now, there are seven hooded figures traveling together in the festival, making them seem more suspicious.

'Argh… Whatever... If we ever encounter the worst case scenario, we'll just use Julius' authority to escape the situation.' [Grey]

Grey thought as he decided to give up on the topic. After all, what better way to resolve misunderstandings than reveal the identity of the prince. It was a method which prevents Grey and Yuna's identities from being exposed.

"Hey, Grey, you aren't planning something stupid, aren't you? I've got the feeling you're going to use me for something." [Julius]

Julius asked threateningly, grabbing both of Grey's shoulders with an insanely tight grip. It was a grip powerful enough to crush a normal person's shoulder blades into fine powder.

Too bad for Julius, no matter how much he tried to threaten Grey, it all just sounded like empty words to the latter. There was just too big of a gap between their strengths that Julius didn't look even a little threatening to Grey's eyes.

"Stop spouting nonsense, I was just thinking of sacrificing you when we get into troubleー oops, my thoughts leaked out." [Grey]

"So you were thinking thinking of something ill against me!" [Julius]

"Not exactly. It's only when we get into trouble!" [Grey]

"That doesn't justify it!" [Julius]

Such a nonsensical quarrel continued for some time, and for one reason or another, Grey and Julius' quarrel went from their current topic into something way back when Grey was still teaching at the academy.

""Ow! Oww! Oww!"" [Grey and Julius]

Before they even noticed, two frightening figures had appeared behind their backs, and with almost perfect, swift movements, they grabbed them by the ears and pinched them tightly, stopping Grey and Julius' nonsensical quarrel.

""Stop being so childish!"" [Yuna and Amelia]

""S... Sorry..."" [Grey and Julius]

Those two figures were none other than their girlfriends, and seeing us getting scolded by them, Elise and Elaine couldn't help themselves but laugh wryly at the boys' predicament.

The only one who didn't show any particular reaction was Eliza as she didn't understand everything fully yet. She only watched the bit with innocent eyes, fully ignorant of what was going on.

"You two should get your act together. Especially you, Your Highness! You should remember you're royalty!" [Amelia]

"Grey, don't think you're off the hook either." [Yuna]

It went without saying that Grey and Julius received quite the lengthy scolding from Yuna and Amelia to which the other three could only watch in awkward silence, unable to say anything.

After the scolding, everyone went towards the carnival. It was a decision the girls made while Julius and Grey were busy wasting their time uselessly quarreling against one another.

Colorful and vibrant balloons, a lively atmosphere, and the merry cheers. That was what greeted them the moment they stepped foot inside the carnival, and unsurprisingly, it was very, very crowded.

Just judging by the amount of people by the entrance, it was safe to say that there were already thousands of people inside the carnival and even more were going in as time passed.

""Welcome the the carnival!""

By the entrance of the carnival, a group of carnival personnels were handing out flyers to the people inside and balloons to the children who asked for them. Of course, the group got themselves a flyer as well.

"Oh, looks like there's a participation challenge in the carnival again." [Julius]

"Participation challenge?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, every time you win in a game in the carnival, you'll get a stamp for yourself, and the moment you collect all the stamps in the carnival, you'll get a special grand prize." [Julius]

"Sounds fun! Let's participate!" [Yuna]

"Let's win the grand prize!" [Eliza]

Driven by excitement, Yuna and Eliza punched the air with their closed fist cheerfully as they said those words, radiating pure and happy energy all around them as smiles bloomed on their faces.

"Eh?! But that's unfair! Yuna and Grey will surely be able to win this easily!" [Elise]

"That's right! That's right!" [Elaine]

But before everyone could even start their happy little game, two people already voiced out their thoughts against Yuna and Eliza's proposal. It was a reasonable argument to boot.

If they were to compete individually, Yuna and Grey would surely have an advantage against the others. It was because their reflexes and skills are on a whole another level from the rest.

While it might take a few attempts for the others to win an attraction, Yuna and Grey would most likely win them in their first tries, making the challenge seem like a breeze for the two of them.

"But, Elder Sister, I want to collect the stamps!" [Eliza]

"Then we'll have to count Yuna and Grey out!" [Elise]

"Ehh?! But why me?!" [Yuna]

"That's because Yuna is too strong!" [Elaine]

The girls' voices overlapped with one another as they quarreled whether they should play the game or not, expressing their arguments with loud voices. It went without saying that we caught a lot of attention from the passersby.

"Then, I have a proposal!" [Julius]

Only those few words from Julius made the girls immediately stop their exchange and shift their attention towards him. Even Amelia, who had just kept quiet the whole time, became curious about his suggestion.

"How about we play as two groups, boys against girls!" [Julius]

"""""... Agreed!"""""

There was a short silence when Julius voiced out his suggestion, but just after a few seconds of thinking and a couple of times looking at each other's eyes, the girls wholly agreed to it.

The only one who had a different reaction was Grey who was not even consulted by Julius who was going to be his teammate. After all, it was going to be 2 vs. 5, against their favor.

"Hey, hey, Julius, aren't we going to be at a disadvantage then?" [Grey]

"Don't worry about it, whether there's three or four of us, it won't matter if you're here. The same goes if Yuna is in the girls' team." [Julius]

Before Grey could even retort with Julius' reasoning, the girls immediately nodded their heads, showing their agreements in his words, leaving Grey a little conflicted over what to feel.

Basically, it was going to just become a glorified solo match between Grey and Yuna. A match between two people who could easily clear the carnival games if they wanted to.

"So, what do you say?" [Julius]

"Haah.... fine. Just don't expect me to carry you in every game." [Grey]

"That's fine with me." [Julius]

""""Yaay~!""""

With the line up settled, Grey and Julius' friendly little match against the girls have taken place, and to make things more exciting, it was decided that they'll only have a time limit of 2 hours, and whoever gets the most stamps wins.

The seven of them then split into two unequal groups, with the boys' team composed of only Grey and Julius, while the girls' team was composed of Yuna, Elise, Elaine, Eliza, and Amelia.

"So, Grey, where should we head to?" [Julius]

"Why are you asking me that? You're the one with the flyer here." [Grey]

"Tsk. You're no fun," [Julius]

Grey's eyes became that of a ferocious tiger's as he glared at Julius. Because of him, the festival Grey was supposed to enjoy with his girlfriend was now spent with another man. He was somewhat mad.

"Stop glaring at me. Here, I've found the perfect attraction, and it's just a few meters to the right." [Julius]

Following the map of the carnival, Julius and Grey then headed to their first game which happened to be something Grey was terrible in his past life. It was something similar to a basketball game.

While there were PE subjects back in his schooldays, he was always terrible at it. It was especially true when it came to basketball. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he was the worst at our school, even with the girls included.

"Grey, what are you standing there for? Let's play." [Julius]

Still in shock about Julius' game of choice, Grey was dragged by Julius by the wrist towards the game, and with a competitive face nonetheless. A face which will change for the worse soon after.

"Alright, Grey, do your magic." [Julius]

"Eh? Me?" [Grey]

"Is there anyone else named Grey here?" [Julius]

Julius said indifferently, with a face transparently saying "I'm leaving it all up to you" as he pushed Grey towards the counter. If they weren't in public, Grey would have already smacked his face.

"Would you like to try our game? That would be 5 kiels for 3 shots."

"I'd like to have 3 shots please." [Grey]

"Understood."

After handing out the money to the clerk, the clerk then gave Grey 3 colorful balls which were about the size of a real basketball ball, and it was just as bouncy and light as how I remembered one used to be.

With the balls in his disposal, Grey then positioned himself in the shooting range where he would be trying his best to score in the furthest ring and win their very first stamp.

'Alright... Since my physical abilities have improved, I should be able to do this easily.' [Grey]

Convincing himself with such a reasoning, Grey positioned his body and fixed his posture, trying to resemble the posture he was once taught back on earth, and with a fwip of his hand, he shot the ball towards the ring.

The ball, in high speed, following a perfect trajectory neared the ring pole, and when everything seemed to have gone perfectly, the ball hit the ring and bounced back, creating a miserable fail.

"It... failed..." [Julius]

"Yeah, it did..." [Grey]

"P... Pff... Pfft... Puhahahaha, this is the first time I see you fail at something! Hahaha! Who knew you were so bad at sports! Hahahaha!" [Julius]

As if there was no tomorrow, Julius laughed his eyes out from Grey's failed attempt at basketball. He was laughing so hard, you could mistake him for a madman. There was not a speck of princely qualities left of him.

The reason for Grey's failure was simple. He was just bad at sports. Even just now when he shot the ball, the position of his hands were not what he was taught before, but rather what he just remembered. He had no knowledge about sports left whatsoever.

"If you're laughing so hard, how about you try it yourself!" [Grey]

"Fine! I'll show you how it's done!" [Julius]

With a smug face, Julius grabbed the remaining balls in Grey's hands and positioned himself in the shooting range, with about the same distance and posture as Grey before him.

The moment Julius shot the ball, both their eyes were stuck into it, anticipating the outcome of the shot. But just like Grey's previous attempt, though it seemed perfect at first, Julius' attempt failed miserably.

"Pfft... Puhahahaha... And you looked so smug about it too! Hahahaha!" [Grey]

"Damn you... I was just warming up!" [Julius]

Infuriated by his failure, Julius tried again and again, and it went without saying that he failed again and again. Grey also tried it too, but he just failed as miserably as Julius did.

It took the two of them about ten minutes and more than fifty tries to get the first shot right. It was only thanks to Grey's "Divine Mind" remembering what were the rights and wrongs that the process was sped up. Otherwise, it would have taken much longer.

 "Haa... That was easy..." [Julius]

"Yeah, it only took us 10 minutes, tooー" [Grey]

When those words came out of Grey's mouth, a sudden realization hit him and Julius, making us freeze at that very moment. They had totally forgotten that they had a competition against the girls.

""We have wasted 10 minutes!"" [Grey and Julius]

With haste, the two of them then opened the flyer once again and headed to game after game, trying to win as many stamps as possible. Needless to say, it was very tiring, not only to their bodies, but to their minds as well.

CHAPTER 104 END

6