Chapter 130: The Day After
279 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was young and the forest was barely awake. The little critters have just started to come out of their burrows and the birds have just started to leave their nests, chirping cheerfully to greet the new sunny day.

The forest wasn't the only one to awake with the rising of the sun. Deep inside the woods, there was a certain cabin, totally out of place and hidden from the outside world. There, two figures lay motionlessly on the bed, their bodies covered from the cold with blankets.

They were none other than Grey and Yuna who just had a hot and passionate time together the night before. It was the first time for the both of them and needless to say, it was quite the unforgettable experience.

"Mngghh..." [Yuna]

The first one to wake up was Yuna, but unlike any other day where she stretches her arms upwards, she only opened her eyes sluggishly, staring at the ceiling without much thought in mind, half asleep and half awake.

As she continued staring at the ceiling, memories of the night before came flashing towards her mind. The more she remembered, the more embarrassed she became. Her face was as red as freshly harvested ripe cherries.

She turned her body to her right, facing towards Grey's direction. Her flushed face looked at Grey's lean figure and handsome face who was still sleeping. She was still in disbelief that she had finally become one with Grey, not only in heart, but in body as well. Everything seemed like it was only a dream.

"Mmm...? Yuna...?" [Grey]

Just in time, Grey woke up as a tiny bit of sunlight seeped from the window. The very first thing to greet him was his beloved's adorable face. A gentle smile quickly formed on his lips as he drew Yuna closer for a cuddle.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" [Grey]

Asked Grey as he gave Yuna a forehead kiss. His mind was still a little groggy but even then, it wouldn't stop him from greeting his most precious person in the world. The same person whose face was very red at the moment, burying her face on the former's chest.

Currently, the two of them are still naked. It was only the blanket which provided cover for them. Even after all they did yesterday, it was only natural for Yuna to be embarrassed when her boyfriend's naked body was pressed against her own.

"By the way, Grey... About yesterday, did... Did you enjoy it?" [Yuna]

Rather than answering Grey's question, Yuna asked the former in return. While she was happy that they had finally done the deed, she was a little anxious about what Grey thought about it.

Grey, on the other hand, was very mesmerized by how his girlfriend was acting. If it wasn't for the fact that she was acting so purely right now, he would have lost control already and devoured her again. He tried his best to clear his mind of the impure thoughts brewing around.

"What a silly question..." [Grey]

Well, since Yuna didn't directly answer his question, he ought to do the same. Without any warning, he leaned in towards her face and sealed her lips with a kiss, just a normal one. Still, it was effective in making Yuna red.

"Does that answer your question?" [Grey]

A teasing smile bloomed on Grey's face as he looked at Yuna lovingly. The latter, very flustered about his sudden action, could only cover her face in embarrassment. But well, at least now, she knows the answer to her question.

It took Yuna some time to settle down, but when she did, she started warming up to Grey again and cuddled with him whilst chatting peacefully. That was what happened for an entire half an as they lay on the bed.

"Grey, close your eyes for a little bit. I'm going to change clothes." [Yuna]

"Huh? Why should I?" [Grey]

Yuna asked politely but Grey only gave two short questions. There was a visible trace of confusion in his eyes as he tilted his head. Meanwhile, Yuna could only look at him with a flustered face as she covered her naked body with a blanket.

"L-Like I said... I'm going to change my clothes, so please hurry up and close your eyes!" [Yuna]

"No, I get that part. It's just... I've seen your everything already, so what's the point of closing my eyes?" [Grey]

More truthful than the truth, those were Grey's words. It was only then that Yuna realized the truth, but even then, she refused to show him her naked body willy-nilly. She wanted to protect her dignity as a maiden, or at least what was left of it.

"G-Grey, you dummy! Just close your eyes!" [Yuna]

Yuna was already on the verge of overheating from embarrassment yet Grey still didn't want to follow her request. Deep inside his heart, he wanted to tease Yuna more and enjoyed her flustered face. It was adorable, after all.

Well, he had already seen enough of Yuna's cuteness for the day. It didn't take long for Grey to comply with Yuna's wish. As for the latter, she hasn't started changing clothes yet. Her eyes were still fixated on Grey.

"Grey, you're closing your eyes, right?" [Yuna]

"Yes, Ma'am. All I could see is darkness." [Grey]

"Are you sure? You aren't lying, aren't you?" [Yuna]

"Affirmative, Ma'am." [Grey]

"Okay... Then I'm going to change clothes right now... Don't try to take a peek, okay? I'm really going to get mad if you do." [Yuna]

Yuna's words only served to fuel Grey's desire. After all, what kind of man could sit still when their beloved was changing in front of them. Thankfully, he was able to control his urges and Yuna was able to dress up without any issues.

After Yuna, Grey took his time to change into his casual clothes. Of course, he didn't leave the bed unattended. Before he went out the room, he used various kinds of magic to clean up after their mess yesterday.

The bedroom now fixed and tidy, Grey and Yuna went downstairs, but they were still in the corridor and Grey couldn't help but notice a peculiar movement about Yuna. She was having a hard time walking, her hands leaning on the walls for support.

"Y... Yuna, are you alright? Do you feel ill?" [Grey]

"N... No... I'm fine, it's just... Every time I take a step, it feels weird down there. To be honest, it actually hurts a little." [Yuna]

Well, it didn't take long before his question got answered. The problem was that Yuna was still sensitive after last night's activity. It was her first time, after all. It was only natural that she felt strange for a little while.

It was also partly Grey's fault. While he said he'll be gentle with Yuna, that was only in the first part, for the rest of the time, he was like a wild beast. Of course, he was being considerate of Yuna the whole time. It's just that there were times where he went overboard.

Realizing his mistake, Grey could only be embarrassed with his previous actions. He could still remember as clear as day the acts he did the night before. He felt sorry for Yuna for having to put up with it.

"Umm... Yuna, should we cast healing magic to ease the pain?" [Grey]

"Th... That's a little... Please don't... It would only feel weird casting magic down that place..." [Yuna]

"A-Ah... R-Right..." [Grey]

Another blunder was made by our main protagonist. One which he only realized when Yuna pointed it out. Now, both their faces were red from embarrassment as they tried not to think too hard about it.

"Then... Should I princess carry you?" [Grey]

"Umm... That's still too embarrassing... I think lending your arm for a little bit would be fine... I think..." [Yuna]

"Hahaha, alright. Here you go." [Grey]

Just as Yuna requested, Grey extended his arm for Yuna to cling to which the latter accepted gracefully. Well, even when she was the one who requested it, she was still acting a little shy about it. Her face has been red the entire morning.

Their arms linked with one another's, Grey and Yuna finally headed downstairs and into the kitchen. It was already about 8 o'clock in the morning yet they have still yet to have their breakfast. Well, there is no such thing as too late anyway.

Before he went to cook, Grey gently had Yuna sit down beside the dining table, after which, he planted yet another kiss on her forehead before turning around his back, and heading towards where the stoves and ovens were.

"Yuna, what do you want for breakfast?" [Grey]

Asked Grey as he tied his apron tightly, highlighting the masculine curves on his lean body. As for Yuna, she was in deep thought about Grey's question. She had already eaten a lot of different dishes over the last couple of days and now, she wants to eat something a little different.

"Ah! I want charcoal-grilled beef, please!" [Yuna]

Yuna enthusiastically suggested as she raised one of her arms. She has been eating a lot of fried and baked food along with soups and stews, but since they were in a forest where there aren't any other people present, she thought a grill would be nice.

Other than wanting to grill inside a forest, there was not much reasoning behind Yuna's suggestion. She just wanted to relive some of the memories she made with Grey before and enjoy good food while she's at it.

"A grill, huh... Alright, let me prepare for a little bit." [Grey]

"Yaay~!" [Yuna]

The very moment Yuna heard Grey's approval, a very beautiful smile bloomed on her face. She then started humming to herself as she looked at Grey preparing the ingredients and materials for the grill.

First, Grey took out the beef Yuna so wanted and placed it on top of the kitchen table, slicing the large slab of meat into smaller pieces resembling that of steals. It was neither too thin nor too thick.

After which he took out various spices and condiments, mixing them together and creating a marinate. There was pepper, salt, sugar, lime juice, and many more. The beef was marinated with such an aromatic mixture.

Magic was used to speed up the process of marination and soon enough, the beef was ready . All that was left was to prepare the grill and start grilling. It was a timely procedure, but one which was worth it in the end.

"Yuna, is the grill ready?" [Grey]

"Un! The fire is already starting!" [Yuna]

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute." [Grey]

Finishing up the beef with a last sprinkle of seasoning, Grey went outside with a lot of plates, and by a lot, it really meant a lot. The amount to be grilled was enough for ten people. But oh well, it was Grey and Yuna who was going to eat them. There was going to be no problems regarding leftovers.

Slowly but surely, Grey grilled meat after meat over the charcoal drill, adjusting the strength of the fire by moving the charcoal down below. It didn't take long for the first batch to be grilled, just to be followed by another batch.

Whilst Grey was grilling, music was playing in his ears. It wasn't only the ambience of the forest nor the crackling of the fire. Yuna's rhythmic and gentle humming also echoed in the air as she watched over Grey, a smile forming on her face.

Of course, after the grilling, all that was left was to eat breakfast. Yuna helped set the table and make the sauce as Grey served the food. After all was said and done, the two both took their seats to partake in their meal together.

""Thank you for the meal!"" [Grey and Yuna]

Not wasting another second, Grey and Yuna bit down on the grilled beef. As soon as they did, an explosion of flavor flooded their mouths immediately. The juiciness and tenderness of the beef, with a touch of smokiness was the perfect combination to satisfy their cravings.

"Mmn~! So good!" [Yuna]

"Hey, Yuna, slow down a little bit! You're going to choke with the rate you're going!" [Grey]

"Ehh~! But ish sho dewicioush!" [Yuna]

"I know that, but you still need to be careful... Seriously, this girl..." [Grey]

Well, what kind of meal would truly be complete without a little bit of banter. It was already a part of their lives. They laughed together and teased one another over breakfast. It was a happy meal.

Unlike the past couple days, the food present on the table was only a large plate of rice and the beef they just grilled, along with the sauce to go with it. Nevertheless, despite only having a few dishes available, it was still satisfying for them, both their stomachs and hearts.

After breakfast, it was time to wash the dishes and clean up after themselves. After that, well, there was nothing else more to do. All that was left was to waste their time away and wait for tomorrow to come.

Yuna wasted the time away by reading the alchemy book Grey made for her whilst cuddling with the familiars currently sitting on her laps. She was enjoying herself, learning about new recipes and things she never thought of before.

As for Grey, he was doing something he had always put off before. Since he had already remade the board games, now, it was time for card games. He was very enthusiastic as he worked on them.

While there were many kinds of card games, the card set he was making was the most common one and one which could allow them to play different kinds of games. It was one consisting of 54 cards and 4 suits.

First, Grey created sets of thirteen cards, each set having their own symbols. One was a heart, the other was a diamond, and the remaining two were a spade and a clover. The two cards which didn't belong to a suit became the red and black jokers.

After the suits, the symbols were painted next. There were the numbers 2 to 10 represented by their respective merusian symbols. The ace was engraved with a large letter "A" of the merusian alphabet. With it, 40 of the 54 cards were finished.

Next were the face cards. The jack was symbolized with a sword, the queen with a jeweled crown surrounded by roses, and the king with a crown, accompanied by a sword and scepter crossing one another. Grey finished with the making of the joker by painting a jester's hat on it.

Since there's no such thing as plastic in Merusia, what Grey used for the cards was a special type of paper. One which he enchanted to be durable, but at the same time, durable to allow folding like normal cards do.

"And... done!" [Grey]

Extreme joy flooded Grey's heart as soon as he finished making the deck. Just seeing it, memories of the past flooded his mind as a thin smile appeared on his face. It looked just like what he remembered.

Excitedly, Grey took the cards on for a spin. He piled them up on top of one another, cut them in smaller decks, and mixed them together again. Even though it has been a long time since he played, he could still remember the sensation.

"Grey, what's that?" [Yuna]

"Oh, Yuna..." [Grey]

He was so caught up in his excitement that he didn't even notice Yuna approach him. The latter looked at the deck in his hands seriously with eyes full of curiosity. She didn't know what it was but could tell that it was interesting at the very least.

"Oh, these... These are playing cards." [Grey]

"Playing cards...?" [Yuna]

"Yeah... With these, we can play a lot of card games. Just like the board games from before, they can be played with two people, so it's really fun." [Grey]

The very moment Grey mentioned the word "games", Yuna's attention was quickly captured. She already had a lot of fun with the board games and now that Grey is introducing a new type of game, she was more curious and excited.

Well, unlike the board games from before, the playing cards are more versatile. There isn't just one way or two ways of playing it, there are dozens if not hundreds. Be it poker, old maid, memory, solitaire, blackjack, and many more. The only limit in playing is one's imagination.

Grey's personal favorite was "Tong-its" which is a popular rummy card game back when he was still in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it needs three players to be played, something impossible to do in the current situation.

"Say, Yuna... Do you want to play a game with me?" [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

A cheerful reply came from Yuna in an energetic tone. She has been waiting for Grey to invite her and now that he did, there was no reason to refuse. She might not know how to play them but she was a fast learner. It won't be long before she does.

Without wasting a single moment, Grey took the cards in his hand and explained to Yuna the rules on how to play them. The game he taught her was old maid, a simple game where players will take turns in removing a card from the opponent, avoiding the penalty card as much as possible.

Since it was quite an easy game to learn, there weren't many explanations needed. Grey only needed a single demonstration for Yuna for Yuna to get the basic understanding of the rules.

"So... Do you get it now?" [Grey]

"Un! Let's play! Let's play already!" [Yuna]

"Haha, alright, alright." [Grey]

Excitement present on her face, Yuna challenged Grey for a game. Since Yuna still doesn't know how to shuffle the cards, Grey took the honor to do so. Yuna's eyes were on his hands as he swiftly shuffled them.

For one reason or another, Grey thought he looked like a gambling addict as he shuffled the cards, one often found in casinos, those who always lose a lot of money. He couldn't say it was a pleasant feeling, even when he was the one thinking of thinking of himself that way.

After he finished shuffling the cards, he took one odd card out and hid it face down. It was to be the mystery pair of the penalty card which was to be avoided later. And since it was only old maid, it was decided the jokers would be used as well. In total, there were 52 pairs and one penalty card.

"Alright, since this is your first time playing... Yuna, why don't you go first?" [Grey]

"Are you sure about that? You might lose, you know?" [Yuna]

"There's no need to worry about that. I might not look the part, but I'm quite good at these games. So go on ahead and take your pick." [Grey]

"Okay..." [Yuna]

Following their agreement, Yuna took the first turn and drew a card from Grey's set. A bright smile quickly appeared on her face as the card she drew was a pair. After her, it was Grey's turn, then hers again, then Grey's.

The turns went smoothly and a pair of cards were placed down one after another. Soon after, it was Grey's turn. He drew a card yet didn't form a pair. At that moment, the penalty card has been identified.

The game continued and the penalty card has been passed back to Yuna. Ever since then, it hasn't moved. A few more minutes passed and the winner was finally decided. It was one other than....

"Aghh... I lost..." [Yuna]

"Hahaha, better luck next time then." [Grey]

The reason for Yuna's loss was quite simple. She was just too expressive. Every time Grey was about to draw the penalty card, her facial expression quickly brightened. All Grey did was avoid the card which makes Yuna look happy. A flawless strategy.

"Ughh... Grey, let's play again!" [Yuna]

Well, Yuna didn't give up after her first loss. Without taking any rest, she challenged Grey again to another game, which she lost as spectacularly as the previous one. It was the same trend for the next couple of games.

Without any mercy, Grey crushed Yuna every single time. Every single time, Grey only got the penalty card once since he managed to avoid it gracefully after giving it back to Yuna.

"Uuu... Why am I always losing...?" [Yuna]

Grumbled Yuna as she stared at the pile of cards before her. Even after losing eight times in a row, she still hasn't figured out why she lost. Grey could only chuckle with how adorable she looked.

"Grey... You weren't using your 'Heaven's Eye', weren't you?" [Yuna]

"No, not at all. My adorable little girlfriend is just too expressive." [Grey]

Yuna tried to justify her loss, but it was useless. After all, it was her own fault why she was very easy to read. Grey found it relaxing to tease her under such conditions, making her cheeks blush a little.

"No! This won't do! Grey, let's have another game!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha, sure, sure." [Grey]

Laughing ever so calmly, Grey accepted yet another challenge from Yuna. And as one would expect, the results remained the same. Yuna tried her best to suppress her facial expressions, but this time, her ears betrayed her, her ears which bobs up and down when she was happy.

After old maid, Grey and Yuna played memory and poker for a little bit. When they were done with cards, they played with board games. The house was filled with warmth as their smiles illuminated the place.

CHAPTER 130 END

5