16 – Demon Emperor Beylith
215 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hares was completely paralyzed with shock and fear.
The creature before him was completely unlike anything he had seen in this world until now.
First, his level was too high. The highest level monster Hares had encountered so far was the lion from before that was a level 20 beast, but the Dragon in front of him was level 300, his level more than 10 times higher than the lion.
Since coming into this world, Hares has noticed that all the monsters were at low levels and over the days, they have grown stronger and higher than humans. Currently, the strongest monsters were around level 16 to 18 with rare exceptions like the lion being able to surpass that. But this Dragon was completely out of this pattern! This was obviously an abnormal situation.
Second, this Dragon was not an animal type, an insect type, a unique type, and not a named type, but a demon type. So far, Hares has never seen any demon type monsters, this Dragon was the first!
Third, below the Dragon level was the extremely tyrannical word [Holy Destroyer]. Hares had no idea what it was, but he believed it was related to the same word [Elite] he had gotten earlier.
Fourth, as well as the most important of this, Hares could not fully evaluate it! His strength, endurance, agility, vitality, intelligence, and abilities were "impossible to evaluate". Hares was completely shocked by this situation, after all, he never saw a monster that could not be evaluated. But at the moment Hares was so shocked that he had no mind to theorize about it now. That's because Hares' mind was practically white with shock.
Instinctively, Hares began to take a few steps back. Suddenly, the Dragon's eyelids twitched and he began to slowly open his eyes revealing a pair of blood-red eyes.
 
“Nnn… ..?” (Dragon)
 
As soon as the Dragon woke up, he raised his head and looked toward Hares.
As soon as their eyes met, Hares felt as if his body had received an electric shock. He instantly felt like he was standing in the palm of death. It was a terrible sense of certain death, a feeling that no matter how hard you resist, death will still be inevitable as if you were a death row prisoner where the execution day was just today!
The Dragon looked at Hares and as incredible as it sounds, opened his mouth and spoke.
 
“Hohoo… that was unexpected. It's only been a few days, but has anyone ever come to this place? Hahaha, that's interesting, but… ”(Dragon)
 
His voice was as loud as thunder, as thick and powerful as the voice of a sovereign carrying an air of superiority.
The Dragon looked at Hares with a disappointed look and sighed.

 

“You're very weak, just level 16. You probably found this place by chance, didn't you? I can only say that you are very unlucky, brat ”(Dragon)

 

The Dragon spoke as he slowly stood up. When he lifted his gigantic body, the whole cavern shook and the air began to become incredibly heavy as if the whole room had bowed for fear of the Dragon.
Huge pressure has fallen on Hares and he cannot help but fall to his knees on the floor. He began to feel his bones creak and some more fragile bones even began to crack. Unbearable pain struck Hares, but he couldn't even scream from the immense pressure, it was as if he were sinking to the bottom of the ocean.
 
“Tell me, boy. Why did you come here? Was it curiosity? Greed for something? Or maybe you were looking for a place to hide? Well, it doesn't really matter ”(Dragon)
 
Hares gritted his teeth withstanding the pain.
After being attacked by this pressure, the shocked mind of Hares finally returned. He began to wonder what the hell this place was and why the hell such a terrible creature would be here.
In addition, Hares was also shocked that the Dragon could speak. This was something completely out of logic.
Using all his might, Hares opened his mouth and spoke.
 
“Who… are… you…?” (Hares)
 
The Dragon saw Hares resisting and was impressed.
 
“Hoo… you can still talk even under this pressure. You're not bad. Although your strength is low, it seems you will is very high. ”(Dragon)

The Dragon spoke with a little appreciation.

“As to who I am. Honestly, you do not need to know. But since I've been alone for a long time now, I'd really like to talk a little bit, so I think it's okay to talk to you a bit ”(Dragon)
 
The dragon laughed. The next moment the pressure that was tormenting Hares disappeared completely as if it had never existed. The feeling of Hares when he felt the pressure disappear is as if he was carrying an elephant on his back and now the elephant had finally left.
As soon as the pressure faded, Hares rose from the ground and was about to flee, but the Dragon's voice rang in his ears.
 
"running away? Are you sure you want to run away? ”(Dragon)
 
The Dragon spoke with a mocking tone.
When he heard the Dragon, Hares stopped.
To run away? Was it really good to run away like this? He had finally found something that could explain about this strange world. He might finally find some of the answers he so much wanted to know, but would he run away and waste this golden opportunity just because of fear?
Hares was hesitant. He wanted to stay and ask the Dragon questions, but at the same time, his fear of death screamed desperately for him to flee.
 
Well, whatever. If this Dragon really wanted to kill me, could I really run away?
 
Thinking about it, Hares relaxed his tense body. After that, he straightened his stance and stared steadily at the Dragon.
His eyes were still filled with fear, but at the same time, there was also a strong will to live and an unwavering determination of steel in his eyes.
The Dragon saw this and laughed.
 
“Well, that's better” (Dragon)
 
The Dragon then looked at Hares and spoke loud and powerful.

 

“My name is Beylith, Demon Emperor and Dragon King as well as the Guardian of the East. Are you satisfied with that answer? ”(Beylith)

Hares didn't know whether to laugh or cry, either title was enough to make him sweat cold, but what caught his eye most was the title "Guardian of the East."
 
“East keeper, what do you mean by that?” (Hares)
“He!” (Beylith)
 
Beylith laughed.
 
“Boy, you really got here by chance didn't you? Otherwise, you would not ask these questions. Well, I can't answer what this place is like. As for what I mean by East Guardian, this is obviously what the word means, I am the person who guards this place. Besides, I can also say that, besides this place, there are also three other places like this one that is also kept by people like me, as to where these places are, this is obviously in the north, south, and west, which obviously means this place is in the east, so “east guardian” now understands? ”(Beylith)
“Guard…” (Hares)
 
Hares repeated that word and looked across the cave behind the Dragon. There he saw another metal door, but the difference was that this metal door was 10 meters high, it was much larger than the other. From what he understood, the Dragon seemed to be guarding that door.
For such a terrible creature to guard this place, just what was behind that door?
 
“… What are you keeping?” (Hares)
"Hmph" (Beylith)
 
The Dragon snorted and then lay back down before speaking.
 
“I already, that I won't talk about” (Beylith)

He shook his head since he didn't want to talk so there was no point in asking again.
Hares looked at Beyliyh again and asked the most crucial question of all.
 
"Why am I here? No, actually, why were we brought here? ”(Hares)
 
Hares would not refer only to himself but to all human beings who were brought into this world. That was the question everyone who came into this world most wanted to know, why were they here?
Beylith heard Hares' question and smirked before speaking.
 
“This… I can't talk either, you'll have to find out for yourself too” (Beylith)
 
Hares was disappointed, but he didn't expect the answer to be that easy to find either.
 
“So what is this world? Is it a parallel dimension? An alternative world? The afterlife? Or maybe the future of my world? ”(Hares)
 
That was the second most important question everyone wanted to know. What was this world? Why was the sky purple? Why was there no sun? Why are there all these monsters everywhere?
Beylith smiled again and said.

 

“This world is Azevich, you should already know that. As for what this world is. You are currently too weak to receive this answer ”(Beylith)
 
Hares felt disappointed again. The two most important questions could not be answered. If so, what was the use of asking this guy questions?
Feeling a little irritated, Hares then asked roughly.
 
“In that case, why can't I see your stats?” (Hares)
 
Hares asked next. He was really curious about this, after all, it was the first time he had encountered this situation.
 
“This one I can answer. The reason for this is because I am a creature of superior intelligence. While you can see the name and level of higher intelligence creatures, you can't see their stats or abilities. ”(Beylith)
“Creature of superior intelligence?” (Hares)
 
Hares asked, but that phrase brought Hares a feeling of intense crisis.
 
"what? Did you think humans were the only ones with intelligence in this world? THERE IS! Are you too naive, or maybe I should say too arrogant? Let me teach you something about this world. Human beings are not the only ones here. In this world, there are several races with several of them being races of superior intelligence. One of them is obviously humans, I don't need to talk about them. Another is the monsters you know that are everywhere. Another is my race, the demon race. The demon race is a race of monsters that has evolved beyond the level of a named monster. We demons are the monsters that evolved from the "named" to the "devil" type, you know? As for the other races… You don't have to worry about them for now ”(Beylith)
 
Hares felt a chill spread throughout his body and his heartfelt cold.
Why were humans the rulers of the world? That is why they were smart!
Even though they were not as fast as leopards, not as strong as bears, lacking eagle-like eyesight, no dog-like smell or hearing, they still ruled the world. This happens because of your superior intelligence.
With their intelligence, humans came together in groups, created weapons, and tools to hunt and improve their lifestyle, domesticated animals to help them with tasks, learned agriculture to acquire food. They achieved this because they had great intelligence.
But now, Hares has just discovered that it was not only humans who were intelligent in this world, but there were also several races that were. Also, one of these races were evolved, monster creatures!
Suddenly a frightening thought crossed Hares' mind and his skin turned pale.
He always wondered why he had never met humans before now besides Leina.
Now, perhaps the reason he hasn't found them is that the numbers of humans who have survived so far are so small that they are no different from puddles of water in a desert now.
Hares shook his head. He didn't want to think about it, he didn't want to believe it! He would rather think that this world was 10 times the size of the star VY Canis Majoris than think that humans have already been pushed to the brink of extinction.
To stop thinking about it, Hares decided to ask another question.
 
“So what is this“ Elite ”I recently received, plus what does your “Saint Destroyer” mean?” (Hares)
“Hoo, that's a good question” (Beylith)
 
Beylith said with a smile.
 
“This is simple. You could define this as classification, although it is not really a classification. You can also call it a special title, although it is not a title. Well, let's set your definition aside, for now, let's just call it "stage" or "degree." In total there are 7 stages, Elite, Heavenly Warrior, Divine Disaster, Death Lord, Chaos Creator, Saint Destroyer and God of Destruction. To go up to the next stage you need to fulfill some requirements, and for each stage you go up your strength increases. These stages are what separate elites from the trash. You could also say that it is something similar to the normal, unique, named and demon types of us monsters. Even if your opponent has a higher level, if your stage is higher you will most likely be much stronger than your opponent ”(Beylith)

 

Hares nodded understanding, but at the same time, his heart filled with fear, after all, the existence before him was something that had reached the Saint Destroyer rank, the second to last stage as well as the 2nd strongest stage.

Hares had still underestimated him, it seems that the Dragon in front of him was much stronger than he had previously estimated.
He and Leina had achieved Elite rank and had received 5 points in each attribute as well as 10 points to be distributed. He then began to wonder how many points the Dragon had received.
 
“So what requirements to move forward?” (Hares)
 
Hares asked next.
 
“The requirement is not that complicated, however, it is not simple either. The only thing needed is a certain level of strength and a certain level of mindset ”(Beylith)
 
Hares frowned.
 
“I understand strength, but what do you mean by mentality?” (Hares)
“It's like the difference from a child's mind to an adult's mind. Do you need to mature your mindset, understand now? ”(Beylith)
 
He explained and Hares nodded. It wasn't really complicated, but at the same time, it wasn't as simple as Beylith had said.
He turned to Beylith again and asked another question.
 
“So… are there any other human beings… well, besides those who came with me?” (Hares)
 
That was another question that Hares was curious about.
When he came to this world, it was said that he was one of the 1 million selected, which meant that besides him were 999,999 other humans who came into this world, but the way Beylith described the races made it seem as if Hares and The other 1 million people were not the only humans in this world.
 
“There was in the past…” (Beylith)
 
Hearing this, Hares' heart jumped.
 
“What do you mean?” (Hares)
“I mean the humans who came before you were completely extinct, understand? You could even say that your lot was really unlucky to arrive at a time when previous lots had been completely annihilated. ”(Beylith)
 
Beylith laughed mockingly, but Hares felt as if he had received an electric shock and a terrifying chill spread through his body.
Extinct! Annihilated!
These two words were like thunder in Hares' ear.
 
 
 
“C-how…?” (Hares)
 
Hares asked in a shaky voice.
Beylith saw this and smiled mischievously before saying.

“Huhuhuhu, boy, let me remind you of something. In this world, the strong live and the weak die. There are no laws here, and if there are then it was someone "strong" who created them. Here the strong can do whatever they want while the weak can only stand in silence. With your present strength, you will not survive when the "barrier" disappears. Therefore I advise you to hurry, for if “that person” appears again, you will be doomed ”(Beylith)

Beylith said with a mischievous smile, but what Hares didn't know was that the phrase "you", while referring to Hares, wasn't really "just" about him.
Hares was silent as he stared in bewilderment at Beylith. This "reminder", as well as "advice", gave you some information.
First, there is some "barrier" somewhere that will disappear one day. From the way Beylith had spoken, it seems that this barrier is what prevents “something” very dangerous from wreaking havoc on the city. The other is that there is "someone" who is very strong and who can kill Hares easily.

 

“What is this barrier? And who is "that person"? besides, you didn't answer my question ”(Hares)
 
Hares asked. After receiving this kind of information, how could he not want to know?
 
“Huhuhu, I've said more than I should have said. Boy, go now, you shouldn't be here anymore ”(Beylith)
 
Beylith said as she turned her head and lay on the floor closing her eyes.
Hares looked surprised at Beylith. It seems your questions were over. Besides, although Hares believed it would be so, he still can not help asking?
 
“Aren't you going to kill me?” (Hares)
 
Beylith raised her head and looked back at Hares and spoke.
 
“Do you want to die?” (Beylith)
“…” (Hares)
 
Hares didn't answer. That kind of question was very stupid, after all, who would like to die?
Beylith laughed.
 
“Boy, if I wanted to kill you, why would I talk so much? Also, even if I kill you, what will I get in return? You are very weak, even if I kill hundreds of millions of you it will just be a drop in the ocean compared to EXP I need to get to the next level. I don't like to work for free either ”(Beylith)
 
Beylith spoke and lay back down.
Hares looked at him in surprise for a moment longer, but said nothing more, he just turned and left in silence.
He thought he would find some useful items in this place, but he found a lot of information that was much better than useful items. You might even say that he found gold while turning the trash.
Of all the information that Hares got the most shocking was obviously about humans before he was annihilated, but what he found most important was the last, about the "barrier" and "that person." Now Hares knew he needed to hurry even further, otherwise, he could not live long.
Another thing Hare was extremely curious about was what was behind the door Beylith was guarding. In addition, he also wanted to know where the other 3 places were like this one as well as what was stored there and who was keeping them.
 
“I should discuss this with Leina. We need to strengthen ourselves as soon as possible. The way we are now is not enough ”(Hares)
 
As he walked, Hares suddenly stopped and looked back toward Beylith.
 
“… One day, I'll see what's behind that door” (Hares)
 
Hares swore as he continued on his way.

4