18 – Finally
192 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been three days since they left the military base.

During those days, Hares always kept a piece of paper in his hand drawing a map. He didn't want to lose the location of the military base, that's why he swore he would go back one day and see what was behind the door Beylith was guarding, so he needed to know where the location was, that's why he went through all these days drawing a map of where they passed.

Leina didn't find the idea of ​​Hares bad either. Of course, she had no idea of ​​Hares' true intention, otherwise, she would beat him up until he gave up on that idea. Enter a place where a level 300 Saint Destroyer demon was protecting? This was beyond madness, it was insanity! She just believed that Hares wanted to map the city.

During these three days, the two had no special encounter other than a few common beasts. Luckily they did not find any other "special" monster like the lion nor did they find any single or named monster. Of course, they also did not find the new "demon" species Beylith had spoken of.

 

“I wonder what I should do to go up to the Heavenly Warrior internship… After I hear about these stages from that guy I'm really curious about them, of course, I'm also looking forward to the internships” (Hares)

“This is not something you can hurry. We just became Elite, how could we rise to Heavenly Warrior so fast? ”(Leina)

 

Leina next door commented.

 

“I'm still curious, aren't you?” (Hares)

 

Hares asked with a smile.

 

“Instead of curious, I'd say I'm more worried” (Leina)

 

No matter what, Leina couldn't get the words "barrier" and "that person" out of her mind. These two words had very obvious hidden messages after all, and besides, these hidden messages were not good at all.

Both she and Hares had already theorized about these two words. The "barrier" would probably refer to somewhere that was currently closed but would soon open. As for what was stuck there, given Beylith's words, it certainly wasn't a good thing.

As for "that person", it was obvious that he would be a very strong and dangerous creature, they even believed that it was because of this person that humanity was previously annihilated.

When he heard Leina, Hares smiled weakly.

 

“If thinking about the stages is not worth it, thinking about it is even less worthwhile. What we have to do now is get stronger ”(Hares)

 

Hares said.

 

“Get stronger… huh. You know, Hares, I was weighing, maybe just getting stronger is not enough, after all, we're just two ... Actually, we're only three, what can two humans and a beast do? ”(Leina)

“So what do you suggest? It's not like I've met other humans all this time. Otherwise, you and I would want to form a group with other survivors. ”(Hares)

 

Leina opened her mouth to speak, but in the end, it was quiet. Hares were right. It's not like they didn't look for survivors during that time, in fact, they searched a lot, but they didn't find anyone, it was as if they were both the last survivors.

When he thought about it, Hares was annoyed.

 

“Fuck!” (Hares)

 

Hares shouted and kicked a rock that was in the middle of the road before shouting into the sky.

 

“I DON'T BELIEVE WE ARE THE ONLY SURVIVORS IN THIS DAMN PLACE! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! ”(Hares)

 

Its scream echoed throughout the room causing some birds to fly to the sky.

When he saw those birds, Hares' expression hardened as Leina's expression darkened.

 

“Good, very good Hares, congratulations!” (Leina)

 

Leina said irritably.

 

“Gro! Gro! Gro! Gro! ”(Birds)

 

The birds began to frantically scream before they began flying toward them.

Its number was also gigantic, Hares estimated it should have at least 300 birds.

As the birds approached, Hares and Leina could finally spot them.

They were blackbirds that looked like crows, but the difference was that it had three solos and their eyes were red like blood.

 

[Three-eyed crow]

Level 7

Type: Animal

Strength: 8

Resistance: 7

Agility: 30

Intelligence: 8

Vitality: 10

 

These birds are only level 7 monsters, and in general, they were not very strong, but their agility, their large numbers, their small bodies and the fact that they could fly made them a nightmare to face.

Hares and Leina prepared their weapons to fight while the Tigress looked at the birds menacingly and growled.

The crows quickly approached the three at great speed. When they arrived, Hares immediately brandished the sword covered with an electric current to cut the crows.

When Hares struck the crow's body he was immediately cut in half, furthermore, the electricity in the sword exploded spreading from the sides striking all the crows that were within two meters of Hares.

Unfortunately, this scattered electricity was not very strong and could only stun the crows for a second or two, but that was enough as it allowed Hares to quickly kill the crows one after another with his quick movements.

Leina was the one with the most problems. Her weapon was a spear that was quite unsuitable for facing so many short creatures, but luckily she had the [Blood Tornado] ability that allowed her to kill dozens of crows instantly.

Tigress, on the other hand, was as usual, wherever she passed, blood splashed madly. No matter how many crows were there, she killed them one after another with a single flick of their paws. In fact, each time she attacked with her paw two or three crows were killed at once. She really looked like a perfect killing machine.

With each sword swing, one or two corpses of crows fell to the ground. Hares' killing proficiency was better than Leina's but lower than Tigress's.

In contrast, Leina was really having difficulties in this fight. Because of the restriction of the spear, she was often wounded by the crows' claws and pecks making her whole body full of bloody wounds. When the situation became very bad, she would use the [Blood Tornado], but the more she used it, the more her head hurt. After all, although she put some points in intelligence, there were still not many.

Hares saw the difficult situation Leina was in and began to feel anxious. Even though crows were very weak, their numbers were still very large.

 

“It can't go on” (Hares)

 

Making a decision, Hares ran to Leina and grabbed her arm before pulling her.

 

“Hares!?” (Leina)

 

Leina was shocked, she had no idea what Hares were doing.

Hares ignored her and continued to pull her running toward an abandoned building.

Tigress who was happy performing a massacre among the crows saw Hares run and followed him ignoring the crows.

Hares entered the building and continued running. The crows didn't want to let them go and continued to chase them, but Hares just ignored it and ran.

 

“You can't face them, we need to run away” (Hares)

 

Hares spoke as he released Leina's arm.

Leina nodded and followed him. She also didn't want to continue facing these crows. She was already bruised and tired, and her head was hurting too. She feared that if this continued she would eventually die and become the food of these birds.

Hares ran through the rooms of the building until entering a secluded room, looking sideways, Hares smiled.

 

“I think it's good enough here” (Hares)

 

At that moment, the cry of the crows came from outside the door before they began to fly in quickly, but Hares moved his sword and began to cut them.

Leina looked at the situation and her mind blinked as she understood Hares' intention.

Outside in the open space crows could attack from all sides in a crowd, but inside, the only entrance was the door, and besides, as the entrance was a limited size only a small number of crows could enter every second and the number of crows entering was enough for the three to handle safely. Realizing this Leina cannot but praise Hares internally.

The crows rushed into the room, but Hares, Leina, and the Tigress easily took care of them all.

As the crows entered, they soon died. Although these crows are creatures of low intelligence, they can still feel fear. Seeing so many of his comrades die so fast, he stirred up the fear inside the crows, so they stopped running into the room and fled outside before flying away.

Seeing that it was finally over Hares and Leina fell exhausted to the floor. Leina, in particular, was especially tired, after all, she had been injured and lost a good amount of blood. His body was very weak today.

 

“Are you ok?” (Hares)

 

Hares approached her worriedly.

 

"I am fine. It's just minor injuries, a little medical powder, and a night's sleep and I'll be completely fine tomorrow. ”(Leina)

 

As vitality increased, its regeneration rate also increased. At first, these wounds could have killed Leina, even if she could survive, these wounds should take at least a month to recover, but now these wounds were only superficial wounds and only needed one night to recover.

Hares also had some injuries, but they were much smaller and far less severe than Leina's, he didn't even need medicinal powder to treat them.

After that, Hares and Leina moved to a cleaner room and started wound care.

Hares took the medicinal powder, a bottle of water, cotton, and bandages from his space ring and began treating Leina's injuries.

Leina didn't stop him. Both were used to treating each other's wounds. Only wounds in specific places were treated by themselves.

Hares used water to wash the blood from the wounds and threw the medicinal powder over the wounds. After that, he covered the wounds with some cotton and wrapped them in bandages. He did everything carefully and meticulously so as not to hurt Leina as well as to make sure he was doing right.

Leina watched him in silence and some strange feeling began to grow in her chest.

Before, when they treated each other's wounds they felt nothing but indifference, after all, as mates they were supposed to take care of each other. But after the military base event a few days ago they both began to realize that their relationship seemed to be changing slightly. Hares became more careful towards Leina and Leina began to have strange feelings toward Hares.

Seeing Hares treating his wounds so carefully now made Leina feel a special comfort as well as strange happiness, but she didn't show it on the surface, her face still completely blank.

After finishing treating the wounds on her body, Hares left the room and Leina began to undress to treat wounds that could not be treated by Hares.

Outside, Hares felt an itch in his chest and a voice whispering to him to peep sounded in his head, but despite the temptation, Hares didn't dare. His relationship with Leina has greatly improved since that day, he didn't want to ruin everything now because of momentary temptation.

 

“I am finished” (Leina)

 

After a while, Leina's voice came from inside the room and Hares came in only to see Leina bandaged almost all over her body. Hares thought it was funny, after all, she was almost like a mummy.

Leina noticed Hares' expression holding back her laughter and pursed her lips, she grabbed some unused bandages on the side and threw it on Hares' face before speaking.

 

“What are you laughing at?” (Leina)

“II am not laughing…” (Hares)

 

Hares dodged the bandage and spoke while holding back his laughter.

Seeing Hares' face, Leina felt even angrier.

She stood up as she took the bloodstained clothing she had changed next to her and began swinging it toward Hares.

 

“You damn, you think that's funny!” (Leina)

Hahahaha (Hares)

 

This time Hares could no longer suppress and began to laugh as he ran from Leina who was trying to hit him with his clothes.

 

“For a start, if it wasn't for your scream I wouldn't be in this situation” (Leina)

"Hahaha right alright hahahah I was wrong sorry hahaha" (Hares)

 

While chasing Hares, Leina can't help but smile too.

Tigress lying next to her looked at them like she was looking at two idiots, her expression saying "what the hell are they doing?" Very obviously. She even shook her head and buried her face in her paws as if she didn't want to associate with them.

Such a rare relaxed and fun moment in this chaotic world, they both had not been so carefree and happy since they came to this world.

At that moment, Leina shook her clothes toward Hares again, but this time Hares held the clothes and smiled arrogantly as if mocking Leina.

Leina felt even angrier and lifted her leg to kick Hares, but as soon as her leg got up, the other leg that was still on the floor suddenly slipped in some water that was on the floor and Leina fell backward.

 

“Kya!” (Leina)

 

Having fallen so suddenly startled Leina, she instinctively grabbed Hares' shirt and pulled her along with her.

Hares with no time to react cannot hold Leina and can only fall along with her.

 

Poff! *

 

Both fell to the floor together.

 

“It hurts…” (Hares)

 

Hares complained a little and looked up. Because of the slight pain, he had his eyes closed, but as soon as he opened his eyes he met Leina's eyes that were looking at him from below.

 

“Ah…” (Hares)

 

At this point, their position was quite ambiguous. Hares were on top of Leina with one hand bracing beside her head and his knee bracing between her legs. In addition, each other's faces were very close, about four inches apart.

They both looked into each other's eyes and the atmosphere between them changed rapidly.

As if mesmerized, they both continued to stare at each other. Strange feelings began to attack her breasts. Slowly, Hares began to approach his face and Leina slowly closed her eyes.

 

BOOM! *

 

Unfortunately, a thunderous sound completely broke the atmosphere between them. As soon as the atmosphere was broken, they both came back to blush. Hares quickly got off Leina and pretended to cough before saying.

 

“Eh… sorry…” (Hares)

“…” (Leina)

 

Leina didn't answer, but she didn't dare look at Hares' face either. Now she was so embarrassed that she wanted to bury herself in a hole.

In an instant, the cheerful atmosphere turned into a romantic atmosphere that soon turned into a strange atmosphere… The silence between them made the situation even more uncomfortable.

 

BOOM! *

 

Suddenly another boom sounded.

As soon as the crash sounded, Hares and Leina remembered that something was wrong. In an instant, they both moved to check what it was. The strange atmosphere was immediately undone. They were in this chaotic and cruel world, after all, they could not let their guard down for whatever reason. Tigress obviously followed behind them, she was overprotective after all, she couldn't allow anything to happen to Hares.

They quickly left the building and walked a few streets toward the noises.

When they arrived at the scene, they were both in shock.

 

“Is this… really…?” (Hares)

“… Finally…” (Leina)

 

Both spoke in disbelief.

In the middle of the street, there was actually a group of people. Yes, they were human beings! After so long, they finally found other survivors.

The only problem was… they were fighting each other!

 

3