22 – Unexpected Enemy
150 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Hares arrived at the entrance to the housing estate, he felt like throwing up.

A big battle was going on, corpses littering the floor all over the place. The corpses were mostly men, but there were also women or women among them who were warriors of Lucia's group.

Of course, although I said a big battle, it wasn't really that big. The forces on both sides were mediocre to Hares, he felt that if he wanted to, he could kill them all on his own, but still, the bloody scene shocked him.

He was used to killing monsters, but he has never seen such a large number of human corpses. Her heart pounded.

 

This is crazy…

 

He thought inwardly.

They were all fighting to survive in this chaotic world, why would they still have to fight each other? It is no longer enough to have monsters as enemies, there were also the unknown "demons" as well as the other mysterious races, and now there are also human beings? Hares didn't know if things could get any worse than that.

While he was still in shock, a group of people ran toward him. This group consisted of Leina, Lucia and Gustav.

When Lucia arrived at the scene and saw the corpses of her comrades lying in pools of blood, her face was filled with rage. Gustav's expression went pale and dark as Leina gritted her teeth slightly.

Even for them, this was the first time to see this kind of massacre. Even though both Lucia and Dogo's groups had been fighting for some time, they never encountered a battle of this level.

But what shocked Lucia most was that the enemy team had many people, much more than she estimated.

 

When did Dogo get so many warriors? Why wasn't I informed of this !?

 

Lucia was extremely confused. Looking at the number of enemies including those already dead they should be about 50 or so, but that was ridiculous. While it is true that the number of warriors under Dogo is higher, it is not that great. These 50 or so warriors should be more than half of Dogo's warriors, what was he thinking sending so many warriors to attack Lucia's base?

Even if it is a larger number, the defensive side always has an advantage over the offensive side, a number of 50 warriors would not be enough to defeat Lucia's warriors, they would only be killed in vain and with Dogo's remaining warriors he would be completely helpless against Lucia in the future. But unexpectedly he mobilized such a force for this attack.

 

“Whatever he is planning. Now that you have dared to attack, don't even think about going back. ”(Lucia)

 

Lucia muttered as she gritted her teeth. Immediately she advanced into the crowd and began to attack.

As Lucia moved her hands, flames covered her fists and exploded on the warriors' bodies when she hit them. Warriors hit by their attacks were thrown away and fell to the ground with the places where they were burned.

This was the last of the three skills Lucia had, it was a skill like Hares [Lower Lightning] called [Lower Fire] that had pretty much the same effect. With this ability, Lucia could cover some body parts or weapons with flames to attack the enemy and burn them also increased their attack power.

This fire-fighting ability coupled with her ability to detect danger made her the strongest in the place and even Gustav couldn't beat her.

Gustav didn't stay still either. Activating his ability [Shadow Step] he moved at breakneck speed and began slashing the bandits' neck with two military knives.

With their speed, these low-level warriors could not react in time and could only helplessly watch their necks cut by their knives.

As soon as Lucia and Gustav joined the battle it became much more advantageous for the base warriors.

Leina was about to step forward to fight too but had her shoulder grabbed by Hares stopping her.

 

“Wait, Leina. Let's not fight for now ”(Hares)

 

Leina was shocked and glared at Hares.

 

“Hares, what do you mean by that?” (Leina)

 

Leina did not expect this from Hares.

If they both joined the fight, no, if only one of them joined the fight was it enough to change the whole situation and save several lives, but unexpectedly, Hares wanted them to watch from the side?

Leina was outraged, she couldn't believe Hares would do something like that.

Hares knew that what he was doing was wrong and also knew that Leina would most likely be furious with him, after all, these enemies were bandits who treated women like tools which were the most unacceptable thing for Leina, but Hares was feeling weird. Since he reached the battlefield his heart was racing, not only because of the massacre but also for some reason he could not understand.

He frowned and spoke.

 

“I feel that something is wrong here. We better not reveal ourselves yet ”(Hares)

“You…” (Leina)

 

Leina wanted to retort, but for some reason, she couldn't. She knew that relying on a vague "feeling" and letting dozens of people die was illogical and ridiculous, but Leina trusted Hares and knew what kind of person he was, she knew he wasn't someone to sit and watch something like that. For him to do something like that, he had to have a reason.

Although she wanted to go help, after listening to Hares, she began to hesitate whether to help or wait.

But neither Leina nor Hares knew that if it had been in the beginning, Leina would have totally ignored Hares and advanced to help. The reason she was undecided now was due to the unconscious influence of Hares' [Conquest] ability that could influence the feelings of others.

Hares always thought that his ability would only influence the feelings of others when he activated [Aura of the King], however, he was wrong. If it were really so then [Conquest] would not be worthy of being a God class skill.

From the moment Hares assumed this ability, he unconsciously began to obtain a superior aura. Luckily or not, both he and Leina had no idea about it yet…

However, even without the intervention of Leina or Hares, the battle continued. The appearance of Lucia and Gustav gave great advantage to the warriors of their group of survivors, on the strength of these two people the Dogo gang bandits were quickly killed.

But just then, a silhouette flickered behind Lucia and a military knife headed toward her neck.

Lucia's [Danger] ability activated and she used everything she had to jump sideways, but despite that, the knife still grazed her neck creating a cut that cut an artery.

Blood splashed down Lucia's neck, but she was still fine. Lucia has greatly increased her vitality, a severed artery can be a serious injury, but it is not enough to bring it down.

 

“Leader!” (Survivors)

“Shit!” (Gustav)

 

Blood trickled down her neck incessantly, all the survivors screaming for her with concern. Gustav who was killing some bad guys roared with rage and ran towards Lucia.

The man who had attacked Lucia was a thin, ugly-looking man. When he saw this person, Lucia's expression dropped as she screamed through her teeth.

 

“Grurradjo” (Lucia)

 

Gurado, that was the name of the strongest warrior over Dogo, meaning he was the strongest after Dogo himself.

Because of the cut to the neck, Lucia's words became fuzzy and almost incomprehensible due to the damage to her vocal cords, yet everyone could still hear very well what she had said.

At that moment, everyone went pale.

Gurado could be called a killer. He had a High-class ability called [Empty Camouflage], a skill that allowed a person to become invisible, but had several restrictions for him.

The first is that one could only walk slowly while invisible or the effect would dissipate. Of course, the result of this also says that he can't attack, after all, to attack someone you need to exert force that comes along with the thrust speed of an attack, and that would instantly dissipate the ability.

Another restriction is that this ability is not perfect, instead of being called invisibility, it would be better to call it camouflage. If you pay close attention, when the person goes into invisibility mode you may notice a slight blur where he is.

Another restriction was obviously the sound. Even if the user becomes invisible, the sounds he makes do not disappear. The sound of breathing, bone movement, heartbeat can all be heard if you have good hearing.

But despite all that, this skill is still worthy of being classified as a High-class skill, after all very few people can keep their guard 24 hours a day. Most will lower their guard at some point or even most of the time, with their low guard it is extremely difficult to detect the use of this ability.

The Frosted man laughed strangely as he licked the blood on the military knife.

 

“Lucia, Lucia, Lucia, just give it up, with these 30 vitality injuries you will still die is just a matter of time” (Gurado)

 

Blood continued to spurt from Lucia's neck as she covered her hand trying to stop him, but it was obviously useless.

 

“Damn you Gurado!” (Gustav)

 

At that time Gustav ran to the place that came to Gurado.

He swung the military knife at him, but Gurado defended himself with his own military knife.

Gurado laughed again before speaking to Gustav.

 

“Gustav, why do you follow a woman? I know what kind of person you are, you like women too, right? So why are you in a place like this? Come with us and you can have as many women as you want. Even Lucia herself would not be out of the question. Ah well, that would be in the past, now she will die ”(Gurado)

 

Gurado laughed.

 

“Hmph, you're right, I like women, no, I love women! I love it so much that I want to make them all mine, but I am different from you, a real man must conquer a woman and not force her! A man who forces a woman is why he has no ability! ”(Gustav)

"bullshit! Conquer? What a waste of time, if you like it then just do it! Maybe your conversation had some value before, but not in this world! Here, strength is everything! Those women are weak while we're strong, how strong, why can't we do what we want? What can the weak do to stop us? Nothing! Wasting time convincing a woman is wasting the time you could use to get five more women. ”(Gurado)

“Bleh! Forget it, talking to you will end up making me powerless, so shut up! ”(Gustav)

 

Gustav roared as he attacked Gurado again.

Gustav's speed was indeed fearsome, but because of his skill, Gurado concentrated most of his points on agility, his stamina, vitality, intelligence, and strength were very mediocre compared to his agility, because of that, although he still was a little slower than Gustav, Gustav still couldn't kill him easily.

Lucia crouched on the floor holding her neck while several survivors protected her.

 

“Sister!” (Nei)

 

At that moment, like the voice of an angel coming down from heaven, Nei came running across the place toward Lucia.

 

What is she doing here?

 

Hares were surprised.

During this week he was more familiar with Nei's personality. She was a timid, shy girl who barely left home for fear of the other survivors. For her to appear in the middle of the battlefield was totally unexpected.

 

“Nwei… Why arrhe yhou huere?” (Lucia)

 

Lucia was also shocked by Nei's arrival and asked in her diffused voice. She also didn't expect Nei to come to the middle of the battlefield. Fearful as she was, knowing that a battle was going on was more likely for her to lock herself in and hide under the bed, but unexpectedly she appeared here.

 

“I had a bad feeling so I ran here” (Nei)

 

Nei crouched down next to Lucia put a hand on his neck activating his ability.

In an instant, Lucia's pale skin began to blush again, gaining vitality, and the blood on her neck stopped flowing.

By the time Nei took his hand from her neck, the cut had disappeared and there was not even the slightest scar as if the cut had never existed.

Leina crouched beside Lucia worriedly, but when she saw that the cut had completely disappeared and that Lucia seemed to be in perfect condition she was in shock.

Nei's healing ability was truly absurd, it was no wonder it was classified as an Epic class ability.

 

“AAAHH !!!” (Gustav)

 

Suddenly Gustav's shout was heard attracting everyone's attention.

Gustav who was supposed to be fighting Gurado was now kneeling on the floor holding his arm, or what was left of him.

Gustav's arm had been severed just below his shoulder.

Everyone was surprised by this scene. Gustav and Gurado's strength were very even, it would be very difficult for Gurado to sever Gustav's arm, but when they looked more closely they noticed what was wrong.

Besides Gurado who was laughing while pointing at Gustav, there was also someone else there.

No one realized at first, why this person was someone who definitely could not be in the Dogo warrior group, that's why it was a woman!

This woman was holding a sword similar to Hares. She might even be considered a beautiful but not very beautiful woman, just above average. She had shoulder-length black hair and a slim curved body, but what caught her eye most was her eyes.

This woman's eyes were dark in color; if that were not enough, it wouldn't be enough to catch his eye. The reason her eyes caught Hares's attention was because her eyes were empty, it was as if she had lost her soul!

Hares found this very strange. A person with this kind of trait could definitely not fight, no, in fact, a person with that kind of trait could do nothing, because they were people who no longer had any will, a person who has even given up on themselves life.

But what most impressed Hares were that she was strong!

Having fought several monsters, Hares developed a slight instinct to measure the strength of other living things. Of course, he didn't believe he could use this kind of measurement used to measure the strength of monsters to measure the strength of humans, but according to these instincts, this woman was no weaker than Gustav.

Hares narrowed his eyes.

Her sudden appearance, along with the fact that she is a woman in the middle of Dogo's gang, makes the situation very strange.

Leina's expression also began to grow dark. She had also noticed that there was something strange going on, in fact, anyone could notice it.

 

In the end, he was right…

 

Leina said as she spied Hares next door.

She looked at the woman again and fell silent. She could move on to help Gustav, but she withdrew, which is why now even she was feeling discomfort and felt that this woman's appearance was not the end of surprises.

 

At least now, he and I are in the dark and the enemy doesn't know of our existence, we can catch them off guard…

 

Leina and Hares weren't afraid of whatever the other side was planning. What they were afraid of is that once they knew their existences the other side might run away, at that moment they would not know what would await them in the future, it was far better to eliminate the dangers now that the chance came.

Moreover, even if the enemy is incredibly strong, they still would not be afraid. Would they be stronger than Hares and Leina? So what if they went? With their teamwork they could fight almost any monster, and even if they can't win together, don't forget that there is still the Tigress, would he be stronger than the Tigress? Very difficult, and even if it is still the teamwork of the three together without telling the weapons they got at the military base.

No matter what kind of enemy they were, they had no reason to fear them!

 

"impossible! How can you be a woman!? ”(Gustav)

 

Gustav shouted indignantly.

To Dogo and his gang, women were just toys, so it was really too unbelievable to have a woman among their warriors.

Of course, it's not like it's not possible. There were all kinds of humans in the world after all. Just as there were philanthropists, there were patients. There were a lot of sick humans with black hearts, even the worst monsters you could imagine could be disguised in human skin, of course, women were no exception.

Just as there were sick men, there were also sick women. There were women who would do anything to achieve their goals, even if it meant destroying the dignity of women themselves. Of course, it may not just be for goals, but only for twisted fetishes or unhealthy desires. There were even nymphomaniac who wouldn't mind being treated like toys if they could indulge their carnal desires, so it wasn't impossible for a woman to be among Dogo's warriors, but it was still very difficult for Gustav to accept that.

Not only was he, Lucia, Nei and all the other survivors could not accept it, they refused to accept it! After all, the reason they were all at war with Dogo and his gang was mainly because of the way these bandits treated women, so knowing that one of the people they were trying to protect was actually against them. against your trust.

While everyone was stunned staring imperceptibly and silently at the woman, a small paper plane descended from the sky and crashed into Lucia's head.

Lucia, who was also a little stunned, came back to her as soon as the paper plane hit her head.

When she saw the paper plane her eyes sparkled. She quickly picked it up and unfolded it revealing a couple of words.

 

“You are in danger, run away! Dogo got a powerful ally! ”

 

 

1