24 – [Aura of the Plague]
126 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hares attacked. His sword surrounded by electric energies collided violently with Gholth's great ax.

As soon as both weapons collided, the electric energy in Hares' sword traveled through Gholth's ax and electrocuted him, causing Gholth to retreat backward.

At that moment, Hares attacked again with the point of the sword towards Gholth's chest.

However, as soon as Hares' sword came close, a strange force caused the sword to deviate to the side, losing its target. Gholth also took advantage of this situation to swing the ax towards Hares, but Hares was faster than Gholth. In an instant he retracted his sword and held it in front of his body to defend Gholth's blow. Of course, he also did not forget to use the electric power on the sword.

As soon as the ax collided with the sword, Hares was pushed back, Gholth's strength was greater than Hares. But at the same time, Gholth suffered the shock of electric energy in the sword and gritted his teeth in support.

Hares who was thrown back didn't care about that, his speed was faster than Gholth's, he quickly moved his sword forward cutting the empty air, but the electric current traveled through the air towards Gholth.

Gholth could not easily dodge this attack, so he rolled to the side to escape the attack, but the moment he rolled Hares took advantage of this chance to get closer.

It is worth commenting that the image of Gholth rolling on the floor was extremely comical, he really looked like a ball rolling on the floor.

Hares approached and swung his sword to cut Gholth, but Gholth still on the ground wielded the ax and managed to defend himself from Hares' blow. At the same time, he kicked Hares in the stomach with his leg, causing him to fly backward, successfully pulling him away and getting up.

Although he was kicked, Hares' resistance was very good, despite Gholth's strength he did not feel much pain, so he immediately advanced again to Gholth.

Swinging his sword, he tried to cut Gholth, but Gholth defended himself with the ax and occasionally countered Hares.

As a result, Hares and Gholth began exchanging blows at full speed.

At that point in time the battle between the other warriors had already started, but many of them sometimes stopped to watch the battle between Hares and Gholth and were amazed. It didn't matter if it was their speed or their strength, they were way above the other common warriors.

Even Lucia herself shivered a little watching this battle. She knew that no matter if it was Gholth or Hares, she probably couldn't last even a minute against either one.

Although the strength of the two has not yet transcended the human realm, both could still be said to be on the edge of what a human being can accomplish.

At that moment, Gholth frowned.

Sweat was running down his body and his breathing started to become heavy, he was getting tired.

On the other hand, Hares was still fine. His vitality was also greater than that of Gholth, moreover, Gholth was fat, the energy he expends to move is greater than that of Hares. Even if Gholth is strong enough to easily support his own weight, it is not as if his weight has disappeared. No matter how much stronger you become, your weight will still affect you no matter how little or how much.

Gholth realized that if he continued like this he would die at the hands of Hares.

With no choice, Gholth ground his teeth and screamed.

 

“[Aura of the Plague]!” (Gholth)

 

Suddenly, a black light exploded from Gholth's body and a black aura began to manifest around him.

At the same time, a black fog covered Gholth's body and turned into a black bone armor that covered almost his entire body. On his forehead, the word "Plague" appeared written in black words.

The black aura spread throughout the room, making everyone shiver. This black aura had terrible negative energy that made people afraid.

The moment Gholth used his skill, Hares watched him closely. The ability was really similar to his [Aura of the King], however, [Aura of the King] was a noble and dignified aura giving the impression of superiority, however, Gholth's [Aura of the Plague] was negative and abhorrent as a perverse demonic aura.

After using the [Aura of the Plague], Gholth screamed and moved his ax towards Hares.

Hares defended himself with the sword he had defended all this time and countered back. Originally he thought that after using the [Paura of the Plague], Gholth's strength would increase, but he noticed that his strength had not changed at all.

He started to feel uncomfortable. [Hunger] was a God-class ability of the same level as your [Conquest], so activating [Aura of the Plague] should provide you with unbelievable strength, but unexpectedly nothing has changed. Hares began to feel that something was wrong.

Suddenly, Gholth moved his ax again and struck Hares' sword, but this time, Hares was thrown back.

After being thrown backward, Hares felt dizzy and staggered before falling to his knees on the floor. He noticed that his hand was shaking and his strength seemed to be worn out. Sweat was running down his body and his breathing was irregular.

With his vitality he shouldn't be so worn out!

 

“Hahahaha, what happened? You don't look well ... ”(Gholth)

 

Gholth spoke with a sly smile as he ran towards Hares.

Hares raised an eyebrow. He knew that this was the effect of Gholth's ability, but he did not know what that effect was.

Physical wear and tear? Force reduction? Or another effect? He did not know.

Gholth again swung the ax towards Hares, but this time Hares did not face him, instead, he chose to sidestep.

Electric current began to cover the sword in Hares' hand and he cut again towards Gholth. However, when the sword met the black aura of Gholth's body, the electric current in the sword appeared to be absorbed by the black aura and disappeared completely.

Hares opened his eyes wide at the sight of this strange phenomenon, but this moment of distraction allowed Gholth to move to escape the sword and at the same time move the ax again towards Hares.

Hares used the sword to deflect the ax while at the same time moving his leg and kicking Gholth's fat belly.

When he kicked, Hares wrapped an electric current around his leg, but just like the sword, the electric current was absorbed by the black aura and disappeared.

Gholth stepped back a little when he was kicked and looked angrily at Hares.

Hares was already breathing heavily and his body was covered in sweat. He was beginning to understand a little about Gholth's ability.

[Hunger], that name is closely associated with eating or devouring. Hares estimated that his ability allowed him to absorb energy and the like to strengthen himself, such as physical energy (stamina) for example. As he absorbs something, his own energy would be replenished. For example, if he absorbs physical energy, his own physical energy would be restored, if he absorbs mental energy, his own mental energy would be restored, etc.

It is possible that the ability extends much more than just that, it is possible that the user can absorb the opponent's own strength, or who knows, it may go even further and may even absorb the memories or something similar.

It was a God-class skill, after all, Hares did not doubt those possibilities. His own ability could make a living creature completely loyal to him as long as that creature surrenders in some way, no matter if it was a human or a unique monster.

Hares began to feel even more discomfort. Unconsciously his vision went to the “puppets” who were fighting Leina.

Leina was not fighting seriously, because she had the same suspicions from Hares that these people were being controlled, so she just held these "puppets" so that they would not interfere with the battle of Hares and Gholth.

Looking at these people who were fighting without any expression on their faces as if they were robots, Hares' heart sank.

 

Is this also part of [Hunger ]’s ability or is it something else…?

 

“Where are you looking at?” (Gholth)

 

While Hares was distracted, Gholth swung the ax towards Hares again and brought him to his senses.

He jumped to the side and rolled on the ground to dodge, but Gholth had no intention of letting him go, so he chased him and continued to try to hit him with the ax, but Hares continued to dodge causing Gholth to create several holes in the ground with your ax.

As he ran away, Hares began to feel pressured, he knew that if he continued like this he would lose.

He wanted to learn more about [Hunger], but it seemed that it was no longer possible.

 

“It's time to end this” (Hares)

 

After saying this, Hares used his sword to stop Gholth's successive attack and push him away with his strength.

After driving Gholth away, Hares shouted.

 

“[Aura of the King]!” (Hares)

 

At that moment, a white aura exploded from Hares' body.

The noble and superior aura of a King was totally different from the negative aura of the Plague. It made people feel reverence and respect.

As soon as the aura appeared, the warriors of Lucia's group felt their blood boil and their strength increase. They felt extremely motivated as if they had been injected with stimulants.

 

"OOOOHHH !!!" (Lucia's warriors)

 

They all screamed at the same time making a sound as loud as thunder.

In contrast, the bandits of the Dogo gang began to feel as if they shouldn't be doing this and a hesitation started to beat in their hearts. As a result, although the bandits of the Dogo gang are superior in number, they soon began to be suppressed by the warriors of Lucia's group.

This was one of the [Aura of the King] capabilities, the ability to increase the strength of the allies and suppress the strength of the enemies.

At the same time, a white overcoat and a gold crown materialized on Hares' body while the word "King" appeared on his forehead in golden letters.

The Hares statistics increased and all the exhaustion he was feeling disappeared completely making him feel like he was reborn.

Hares looked at Gholth as Gholth's expression grew dark.

The black and white auras started to collide with each other and try to push the other back as if they were fighting over territory, but both auras seemed to have the same level of strength, as a result, the two could not move forward, but neither did they retreat.

Hares also felt that the "absorption" of the black aura was gone, his white aura was preventing the black aura from absorbing his physical energy, but at the same time Hares also noticed that his suppression ability had no effect on Gholth who was protected by a black aura.

 

It seems that the abilities of the apocalypse series cancel each other out.

 

Hares guessed.

However, even though his suppression ability had no effect on Gholth, Hares still had an arrogant smile on his face as he looked at Gholth. There were two reasons for this.

The first is that Gholth had already used his [Aura of the Plague] for some time and was very likely close to be exhausted, however, Hares who just used he would have enough time to defeat Gholth after the [Aura of the Plague] ended.

The second was why the [Aura of the King] increased Hares' statistics while Gholth's [Aura of the Plague] did not. This means that now when it comes to strength, speed, endurance or whatever, Hares most likely overcomes Gholth in every way.

 

It seems that my [Conquest] has an advantage over [Hunger].

 

The [Conquest] skill increases your stats and suppresses the enemy. But Gholth's [Hunger] does not increase his statics, in contrast, he can absorb his enemy's energy and make him weaker as the fight progresses as he himself becomes stronger.

But now that both of these abilities were canceling out, the increase in Hares 'statistics proved advantageous over Gholth who could no longer absorb Hares' energy.

Hares did not bother to exchange words with Gholth, he immediately advanced towards him to attack.

He covered his sword with an electric current and attacked. As Hares' speed had increased, Gholth, who was already inferior in terms of agility, could only defend himself with his ax.

Hares' strength with the electric current caused Gholth to retreat, but Hares immediately attacked at full speed.

Gholth wanted to strike back, but he could not because he was still being affected by the inherent recoil, as a result of which Hares' sword descended on Gholth's body without any defense and carved a deep cut into his fat body.

 

"AAAHH!" (Gholth)

 

Gholth cried out in pain. He tried to attack Hares again, but Hares' speed was too fast now. Hares easily moved sideways to avoid Gholth's ax and attacked again, this time Gholth's arm flew into the sky. It was only an instant since Hares used [Aura of the King], but only then did Gholth suffer a serious injury and lose his arm. The difference in the statistics of both proved to be very obvious.

With superior strength and speed, Gholth was completely powerless against Hares even though he was still wearing the [Aura of the Plague].

 

"fuck! Back off! ”(Gholth)

 

Gholth was not stupid. He saw that he could not win so he immediately gave the order to retreat.

The bandits being suppressed heard the order and thought that these were the most beautiful words in the world. Without worrying about the opponents in front of them, the bandits turned their backs and started to flee.

However, how could Hares let them get away like this?

 

“Since you came, why don't you stay?” (Hares)

 

As soon as Hares said that, he put two fingers in his mouth and whistled.

FIOOOOOOOOO! *

Hares' whistle was loud and was heard over a long distance.

At that moment, a roar came just after the whistle.

 

“GGGGGRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!” (Tigress)

 

A red flash flashed flying towards the battlefield at a frightening speed.

As soon as the flash came, a red explosion exploded amidst some fleeing bandits. At that moment, the figure of a large red tiger was revealed stepping on a bandit while there was another in his mouth.

 

“What is this!?” (Random thug)

“A monster!?” (Random thug)

"my god! A named monster !? How can something like this be here!? ”(Random thug)

 

When they saw Tigress the bandits went into despair. As human beings brought to this world these bandits could also check the status of monsters, as a result, they could very well see Tigress's statistics.

A named monster was a terrifying existence, even more a level 15 named monster that was bigger than all these bandits.

 

“Kill them all!” (Hares)

 

Hares screamed and Tigress roared even louder. At that moment the Tigress started to issue an extremely dense intention to kill which made everyone feel as if the sickle of the god of death was in their necks.

At that moment, Tigress moved.

With his unsurpassed speed, blood began to fly everywhere and bandit after bandit began to drop dead on the ground without even having a chance to defend himself.

 

“AAAHHHHH !!!!” (random thug)

"no! Save me! ”(Random thug)

"No! No! No! I don't want to die! ”(Random thug)

 

The bandits' cries of despair filled the room, but the tigress ignored everything and continued her one-sided slaughter.

Some bandits tried to fight, but were unable to do anything before they were killed in a second.

Arrogant! Cruel! Relentless! Merciless! Invincible! Those were perfect words to describe the Tigress.

Resistance against it was useless! Before her, her will to live was insignificant! Before her, her strength had no meaning! She was like a god of slaughter, wherever blood passed, it splashed, in a matter of seconds more than half of the bandits had been killed by her alone.

Meat and blood were scattered on all sides. Most of the corpses on the floor were not even whole. Some had their heads crushed by it, others had their bodies twisted at strange angles, some had only half their bodies, organs and entrails were scattered on all sides. The scene was like portraying hell.

The warriors in Lucia's group were so shocked by this scene that they were paralyzed. Although he fought against Dogo's group for some time and many have already killed another human being, most of them still couldn't stand this scenario and they vomited on the ground or passed out from shock.

Nei also couldn't stand it and passed out in Lucia's arms. Lucia, on the other hand, could still maintain her composure, but her face was pale and her body was shaking.

Even Hares and Leina who already knew Tigress's brutal manner was somewhat affected by this and became a little pale, especially given the fact that sometimes where they saw her being brutal they were monsters that were shattered, but now they were beings humans just like them.

 

“Fuck!” (Gholth)

 

Gholth saw the situation as well, but unlike the others who were stunned by the massacre, he was running with everything he had. He took advantage that Hares and the rest were stunned to escape. He knew he couldn't stand still when the tiger appeared, which is why he ran. It's not like he wasn't shocked by that killing, but he knew from the beginning that if he didn't run away he would be one of the victims.

When Hares came to, Gholth was already a long way away, even with his speed he would have difficulty reaching him.

 

“You will not run away!” (Hares)

 

Hares pulled a beretta from his space ring and aimed it at Gholth before firing.

Bang! * Bang! * Bang! *

Haresa's aim was not very good, which is why of the three shots he took he only managed to hit one, but even taking the shot, Gholth never stopped running or slowed down.

Hares fired again.

Bang! * Bang! * Bang! * Bang! * Bang! *

 

Five shots in succession. Of the five shots, one of them grazed Gholth's cheek leaving a cut while the other hit his leg making him fall to the ground.

 

"fuck! Why the hell does he have a gun! ”(Gholth)

 

Gholth was terrified. He never imagined that Hares had a gun!

This was very unfair to him. A weapon was very unfair to those warriors who had to fight with cold weapons. Furthermore, since he arrived in this world he found some vehicles and some police stations and really looked for weapons, but all the ones he found were unusable.

When he fell to the ground, Hares immediately ran towards him. But as he ran, suddenly, Gholth's puppets appeared to block Hares' path.

Because Leina was stunned by the Tigress's slaughter, Gholth's puppets were no longer stopped by her.

It was only when the puppets appeared in front of Hares that she woke up from the shock.

 

“Don't even think about it” (Leina)

 

Leina immediately moved forward.

When Hares was about to start fighting the puppets again, Leina arrived.

 

“Go” (Leina)

 

Leina again blocked the puppets and Hares ran again towards Gholth.

He knew he couldn't let Gholth go today, otherwise, this guy would come back even stronger later and he would have a lot of work to be able to beat him again.

 

“Shit!” (Gholth)

 

Gholth cursed.

He looked at Hares running towards him then clenched his teeth and his eyes changed as if he had made a big decision.

He then reached into his pocket and took out a small talisman. He looked at this talisman with a painful face before turning to Hares who was still running towards him and speaking.

 

“Boy, I will definitely make you pay for this in the future” (Gholth)

 

After saying this, Gholth pressed the talisman with his hand and the talisman broke into pieces. In the next moment, Gholth disappeared from the scene in a flash as if he had never been there.

When Gholth disappeared, Hares stopped and looked shocked at the scene.

 

“What the fuck!?” (Hares)

2