CHAPTER 6 – FOREHEAD WRINKLE LINES
497 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 6 - FOREHEAD WRINKLE LINES

According to most internet forums on meeting your betrothed’s family, the first impression matters. I don’t know what I did to have a first impression like that.

Do I look bad? Do I stink like shit? Is my attitude comparable to a turd? Why is Raynevere’s grandfather hating me at first sight?

“Grandpa, this is Mister Elzane, my betrothed. Please be gentle with him.” Raynevere forced a smile.

“H-Hello, sir.” I bowed politely.

“Ha! That plain-looking nobody will marry my precious Rayne? Absurd! I do not know what drugs your father decided to sniff at, but I know it’s the most ridiculous decision he’s ever made!” Grandpa laughed with sarcasm in his tone. I know he’s being sarcastic because his forehead is showing wrinkles. Wrinkles of rage.

“Grandpa! Please don’t be rude to my fiance!” Raynevere stood up for me. However, his grandfather never stopped.

“I heard that you love going to the colosseum to watch Gladiator Battles! Ha! Such a childish source of joy! You may have passed the Kaiser Examinations but you are nothing without a Gladiator! You have no future there!”

I was astounded when Raynevere’s grandpa knows about my hobbies and my title as a Kaiser. I know it’s widely spread in my family and the school about my enthusiasm for Battle Fiestas, but I never expected that Raynevere’s grandpa even has information about it. My parents should have said everything.

“Grandpa, don’t insult him like that!” Raynevere cried.

“Enough defending him, Rayne. I know it’s hard for you to marry somebody uninspired like him. Please endure being with that little shit until we can file a divorce.” Raynevere’s Grandpa said.

“Grandpa! Stop it” Raynevere shouted with an embarrassed face. Just before she could talk more, I turned to her and whispered.

“I don’t think your grandpa likes me. I’ll see myself out.”

I bowed to Raynevere, and then to her grandpa. Then I turned my back and walked away. I can’t stand being insulted by an old boomer who barely knew me.

“Yeah, that’s right! Get that shit out of my house!” Raynevere’s grandpa shouted.

I immediately reached the exit of this royal office and shut the door. Then, I let out a big sigh. I knew that this arranged marriage is way off. I’ve been wondering why I’m so lucky to marry my dream girl who owns a multi-million corporation only to know that her grandfather is a toxic old man.

It will be best for me to call off this marriage.

I started to walk away from the castle-like building when I heard light footsteps behind me. It was Raynevere running to catch up.

“Mister Elzane! Mister Elzane, wait!” Raynevere waved her hand.

I briefly stopped to let her catch me. She had this sorry look on her purple eyes.

“I’m sorry about my rude Grandpa. I think he’s just shocked that I’m already engaged.” Raynevere said.

“Understandable. I’ll be angry too if my beautiful grandchild is marrying a nobody like me.” I falsely laughed.

“No, it’s not like that at all. I think my Grandpa likes you.” Raynevere smiled.

“W-What? Didn’t he just insult me from head to toe?” I asked.

“Yours is a special case. Whenever he’s angry, he will have five wrinkle lines on his forehead. I only saw three wrinkle lines today. If he only has three on his forehead, it means that he’s happy.” Raynevere innocently smiled.

How could you tell somebody’s emotions with just wrinkled lines? No matter how many there are on his forehead, his frowning lips and judging eyes only tell me to screw off!

I want to argue against this naive woman, but I don’t want to hurt her feelings. I’ll just let it slide and move on. I started walking until Raynevere stopped me.

“Mister Elzane, where are you going?”

“I’m going home,” I said as I looked away.

“No, you haven’t met my cousins yet! You’ll love to meet them! They’re all cute toddlers!” Raynevere said.

“It won’t matter. I think we need to call off this marriage. It’s for the best for both of us.” I coldly glared.

“Is it because of my Grandpa? Believe me, he likes you!” There goes Raynevere’s naive delusions again.

“DIdn’t you hear what he said to me? He laughed at me being an admirer of Gladiator Battles. I can stand being treated like shit but I will never get along with someone who hates me because of my dreams and hobbies.”

“It’s not like that!” Raynevere’s shout echoed throughout the village.

I was silenced for a while. Raynevere’s face is all red for mustering all her strength to shout at me. It made me terrified of her a little bit, so I fixed my full attention on her.

Raynevere panted about three times and then continued to talk.

“Grandpa is like that because… because just like you… he was a Kaiser.”

11