CHAPTER 10 – SYSTEM INSTALLED
458 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 10 - SYSTEM INSTALLED

A Kaiser Gauntlet is like a remote control to the Gladiators. It’s a system administrator’s console to manipulate the nanomachines inside a Gladiator’s body by inputting Command Cards. It is also used to form a contract between a Kaiser and a Gladiator.

Normally, a Kaiser Gauntlet contains a dose of nanomachines to create Gladiators. Since I’m lucky to find one a few meters away from me, I see it as the only way to save Raynevere in her pitiful state.

“Raynevere,” I muttered.

“Y-Yes?” Raynevere’s voice is starting to soften. She’s hardly gasping for air just to speak.

“I… I found a way to save you, but… it will change your life forever. This is a gamble. I can inject mystical nanomachines into your body. You will become a Gladiatrix, and I will become a full-fledged Kaiser. I’m sorry, but this is the only way I-”

Raynevere’s crooked fingers held my hand so tight that it made me stop talking. She’s using her last ounce of strength to make me feel her resolve, even if it means more pain in her hand.

“If it means becoming your Gladiatrix, then I will fight for you, my betrothed… Just don’t leave me to die…” Raynevere tearfully answered.

“This will be our contract, out of our own free will. I promise I will never let you die!” I cried out loud as I swiftly slipped my hand from her grasp. 

Surprisingly, Raynevere also let go of my hand as she wholeheartedly accepted the crazy idea I’m going to make!

I rushed towards the Kaiser Gauntlet and picked it up. It was an old model, maybe ten years outdated. But it will do. It still has one dose of mystical nanomachines stored in it which is enough for Raynevere.

I immediately equipped the Kaiser Gauntlet on my left hand, and a hologram HUD appeared.

[Kaiser Gauntlet Authority Required - Please input your Kaiser ID]

“Elzane Chaldeas! Kaiser ID No. 3280!”

[Kaiser Gauntlet Authorized]

“Great!”

I gritted as I raced towards Raynevere who is already losing her last ember of life. To make it in time, I slid next to her and checked her pulse.

“Raynevere! Are you still with me!?” I cried.

“Mister… El…zane…” Raynevere muttered.

There’s no time to check if her body can take the mystical nanomachines! I will have to inject her and pray that everything works!

“Authorize Gladiatrix System Installation!” I shouted at the Kaiser Gauntlet.

All of a sudden, an injection needle popped up from the gauntlet.

[Gladiatrix System Ready to Install]

I stretched Raynevere’s weak hand and injected the needle into her pulse. Green neon liquid started to flow through the needles, and then to Raynevere’s veins. The nanomachines spread every time her heart beats until her face is covered with glowing green circuits.

“A-Ah!” Raynevere cried in pain.

[Status: Gladiatrix System Installed]

The first condition is clear! But it’s not over! Even though the nanomachines have been installed in her body and she’s now a Gladiatrix, it won’t save her from dying. The mystical nanomachines won’t do anything unless a Kaiser uses a Command Card. 

“Activate Combat Mode!” I shouted. As soon as the system recognized my command, five hologram cards popped out from my Kaiser Gauntlet.

A Kaiser Gauntlet normally contains a deck of at least twenty command cards. At the start of the Combat Mode, five Command Cards will be drawn from the deck. As for this situation, I need a Command Card that would save Raynevere from her impending death. 

And it seems that I’m in luck! Out of the first five cards that I have drawn, two of them are Heal Command Cards. I immediately swiped two of the hologram cards and raised them in the sky!

“Activate Skill Card: Heal!”

A swift green light illuminated Raynevere’s battered body. Just before the emerald sparkles disappeared, I activated the second Command Card!

“Activate another Skill Card: Heal!”

The green light thickened and started to stretch toward the skies. Cross-shaped green snowflakes started to fall, and the flames around us started to dissipate. The pillar of light was so blinding that it made it impossible to check on Raynevere’s condition.

“Raaaaah!”

I heard a distant roar from above. When I turned around, I saw the horrifying Cyberdemon land on the ground. Its bloodshot eyes are fixed on my eyes, locking me as its target.

10