CHAPTER 12 – PHOENIX BURN
399 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 12 - PHOENIX BURN

Two loud gunshots echoed throughout the empty night. After the reverb of the explosion, the flames around us started to crackle once again.

The Cyberdemon’s head was completely blown off by the twin shotgun projectiles. Black blood sprayed all over the place before the Cyberdemon finally went down lifeless.

I was shocked. I knew Gladiators and Gladiatrix could beat Cyberdemons, but I never thought it would be too easy for a newbie Gladiatrix like Raynevere! She’s so badass in unleashing those shotgun shells at point-blank range!

For some time, I saw a cold glare in her purple eyes. She’s just staring at the Cyberdemon’s corpse as if she’s trying to melt it with just her eyes. It took a moment before she erased that dreadful expression on her face and looked at me adorably with her elf ears shaking up.

“Oh, it’s over now.” Raynevere smiled.

I took a few seconds to fully absorb the situation and then my eyes sparkled with excitement.

“Y-You’re so cool!” I cried out loud.

“A-Ahahaha, you flatter me, Mister Elzane. This is all thanks to the power you gave me!” Raynevere shyly scratched her head.

However, we were so naive to conclude that it is now over. We heard slow flapping noises in a distance and saw three silhouettes of gargoyles. There’s not only one Cyberdemon to be defeated. There are three more!

“Raaaaaah!” The three Cyberdemons roared in unison!

“Mister Elzane, please lend me your power again!” Raynevere said as she spun her twin shotguns in her hands and ejected the empty shells.

“Roger!” I said as I swiped my hand in the thin air and five hologram cards appeared.

I have yet to check the deck installed in the old Kaiser Gauntlet I’m wearing, but I already knew how the Command Cards are picked. It’s just random! Unlike the new decks I saw in Battle Fiestas, this old deck only contains Command Cards in normal rarity and is not included in the meta!

I’m not worried about losing this battle though. Raynevere might be an elegant woman but I knew she was strong and deadly on the battlefield. The earlier fight is proof of that.

But since the battle is three versus one, I have to be careful in using my cards. I should be using something to keep my distance and try to thin their numbers as soon as possible!

“Activate Skill Card: Sprint!” I shouted out loud as I revealed one Command Card. The moment the card was activated, green winds coated Raynevere’s feet!

“Thanks, Mister Elzane! Now I can get close without breaking a sweat! Yaaaah!” Raynevere shouted as she charged relentlessly forward!

“W-Wait! You should keep your distance and not charge straight ahead!” I shouted!

“It’s okay! I have you by my side!” Raynevere smiled back.

Well, our tactics may differ, but it doesn’t matter. Shotguns are too effective in short ranges anyways. And my Gladiatrix is strong!

However, when Raynevere was about to close in on the three Cyberdemons, she tripped on her foot! She may be not used to the agility she possesses due to the Sprint Command Card, and now it worked to our disadvantage!

“Owie!” Raynevere cried as she accidentally slammed her face on the ground!

…She’s strong, right?

The three Cyberdemons did not let this chance pass by! All three of them charged towards the fallen Gladiatrix and readied their scimitar-shaped claws, ready to impale her for good!

“Activate Counter Card! Holy Shield!” I revealed another Command Card.

Upon activation, a transparent bubble engulfed Raynevere’s body, protecting her from the sharp claws of the Cyberdemons! All three enemies staggered upon having their attacks blocked!

Realizing this opening, Raynevere performed a handstand and unleashed a whirlwind kick! All Cyberdemons were blown away!

“Raaaah!”

This is also a perfect opportunity for me to continue with our combo! I revealed one more card to finish the job!

“Activate Skill Card: Garuda Buster!”

Raynevere combined the two shotguns in her hand, and it magically formed into a gigantic bow with fire ornaments. The phoenix-shaped bow briefly charged fire-based energy, and immediately unleashed a burning garuda arrow that swirled towards the Cyberdemons!

8