CHAPTER 14 – SNOW WHITE IN THE BLACK GOWN
350 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 14 - SNOW WHITE IN THE BLACK GOWN

The sudden turn of events made my jaws hang. The splatter of blood, the cracking of the president’s ribs, Raynevere’s cries, and the echoing roar of lightning is too much for my brain to absorb.

“Papa! Papa!” Raynevere continued to shake her father’s body. But no matter how hard she shook, no matter how loud she cries, her father will not wake up.

He’s dead. Not even injecting mystical nanomachines would be able to save him.

“My, my. Your cries are music to my ears, Raynevere Treenity.” A chilling feminine voice echoed.

When I turned around, I saw the source of the voice. It was a woman with snow-white pale skin covered with a long black nightgown. Her eyes are crimson like the blood on the ground, and her smile is crescent like the moon above. She has long wavy black hair that turns red at its tip.

“Who are you!?” I asked out loud.

But the lady in a black gown just answered with a smile. She pointed her index finger at me, and a crimson spark blasted!

“Watch out!” Raynevere snapped back to reality as she immediately hugged me and jumped away!

“Ah!” I gasped as my face was dipped in her bountiful bosoms. Soon, I heard a lightning buzz and an explosion!

When Raynevere released me from her gasps, I saw a small crater where I’m standing a second ago. If Raynevere didn’t save me, I would have suffered the same fate as her father!

“Tsk! Why won’t you just sit and cry like a little bitch you are, Raynevere Treenity?” The woman with the black gown gritted.

Raynevere stood up and pointed her bow towards the enemy, ready to fire anytime.

“Why are you doing this? Why did you kill my father!? What have I ever done to you?” Raynevere roared.

The creepy woman in the black gown tilted her head, still maintaining her crescent smile. “I don’t need to tell you. All you have to know is that the Treenity House is a mistake. Especially you, Raynevere Treenity! Don’t worry, I will not kill you. I will just make you suffer!”

All of a sudden, two crimson swords materialized from the woman’s hands! She boosted forward, aiming at me!

Good thing Raynevere was already so close that she blocked the two crimson swords with the blade of her bow. Their weapons clashed for a second, then Raynevere kicked the enemy’s tummy that launched her a few meters away!

“Gah! Persistent bitch!” The creepy woman shouted.

“Mister Elzane, please assist me!” Raynevere cried as she bolted forward to clash again with the woman.

“R-Right!” I answered as I got back up on my feet.

My knees are shaking, but this is nothing! I have to assist Raynevere or else I’ll be dead! I swiped the Kaiser Gauntlet and five starting cards appeared. I immediately saw a Command Card that suits the situation so I snatched it and raised it!

“Activate Equip Card: Rifle Bayonet!”

Raynevere’s bow disintegrated into dust, and then it was replaced by a World War II Rifle with a meter-long knife attached to its tip. With this weapon, Raynevere used the bayonet as her spear as she tried to stab the enemy multiple times!

The lady in the black gown made a series of sidesteps to evade Raynevere’s bayonet. She finally jumped back when Raynevere tried to make a slash attack!

Raynevere did not stop there. She quickly aimed with the rifle’s iron sights and fired the gun!

“Futile!” The enemy swung her sword, and the rifle bullet was divided to clean halves!

Raynevere immediately tried to reload the rifle, but the enemy bolted right in front! With her crimson swords, the crazy lady chopped the rifle’s barrel!

“You’re wide open!” The woman in the black gown laughed. Leaving Raynevere defenseless and weaponless, the enemy swung her crimson sword from below!

However, that’s what I’ve been waiting for! I knew for a fact that the enemy has excellent agility and reaction time, so it was almost impossible to hit her on the offensive! All we have to do is to aim for a counterattack!

“Activate Counter Card: Reflect Shield!” I raised the Command Card and a floating mirror shield materialized just in front of Raynevere!

Reflect Shield has the effect of negating the enemy attack and then reflecting it to the attacker. It’s all too late for that crazy woman to pull her sword swings, so it will be a clear victory for us!

Or so we thought.

All of a sudden, the Reflect Shield disintegrated into atoms right before it could catch the blade! Without any protection, Raynevere took the sword slashes with her body!

“Kyaaah!” Raynevere cried as she was launched to the ground. Blood sprayed all around which also stained my face.

I looked at my old Kaiser Gauntlet which still works perfectly. It doesn’t seem to have glitches or bugs in it. How the hell did that Reflect Shield disappear!?

“W-What the hell is going on in here!?” I cried.

7