CHAPTER 33 – HIGH TEN FOR A BRICK
131 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 33 - HIGH TEN FOR A BRICK

“How did it come to this?” I muttered to myself.

I’m standing still, frozen like an iceberg. I feel cold, but sweat keeps crawling on my forehead. My mind is blank, I can’t think, I can’t blink.

The Battle Start notification was already given ten seconds ago, and the combat has already begun. My enemy Kaiser is a delinquent with red pompadour hair which calls out that he is a gangster from the hood. His Gladiator is a big buffed bald guy who’s only wearing a tank top and military pants. I’m suspecting that the macho Gladiator is a Cyber Brawler, judging from his weapon which is metal knuckles.

Both of our opponents don’t seem to be that bright, so I shouldn’t be panicking like this. But I should know better than the nervousness I’m feeling is not because of the enemy, but because of myself.

Right after the Battle Start notification on my system, both Kaisers drew five Command Cards. It just so happens that my five Command Cards cannot be used all by themselves as they have activation conditions.

I have three Striker Wing Blasters and two Equip Counters on my starting hand. Striker Wing Blasters can only be activated if Raynevere is equipped with the Equip Card: Striker Wing, while Equip Counter can only be activated if the enemy activates an Equip Card!

I spent so much time in simulating combos that I forgot to synergize my cards in the deck! In short, I got a brick hand!

“Skill Card Activate! Lightning Enchant!” The pompadour Kaiser raised his first Command Card, and his bald buff Gladiator bumped his fists equipped with metal knuckles. Electric sparks fly as the impact echoes all around!

“Imma punch your pretty face, lad!” The bald Gladiator charged like a quarterback!

“Try and get me, popcorn guy!” Raynevere taunted as she fired three consecutive arrows toward the enemy!

“Skill Card Activate! Damage Absorption!” The enemy Kaiser raised one more Command Card.

Upon activation, a magical bubble wrapped the bald Gladiator. When the three arrows touched the bubble, it was immediately absorbed and raised the lightning power of the enemy! Lightning streaks went haywire and released a shockwave of electric bolts!

Raynevere’s enhanced sense of sight and hearing made her able to look and maneuver to evade the lightning bolts. She made a sidestep, somersault, and even kicked the electric streaks that is bound to strike her!

However, the enemy Gladiator did not stop there! As soon as he managed to close in the distance, he raised his fist, ready to slam the enemy with his lightning knuckle!

“Activate Skill Card! Earth Shatter!” The pompadour Kaiser raised his third Command Card!

Energy gathered on the enemy Gladiator’s fist, with the weight of a hundred tons in mass! With great force, the bald popcorn man roared!

“Hraaaaaaaah!”

Raynevere quickly glanced at me, as if she were waiting for me to act. However, all I could do is watch and make a forced smile because my Command Cards bricked! I’m so embarrassed that I’m too useless right now!

The enemy Gladiator’s fist went down with a loud bang! Sand and earth debris flew all over the place, and the heavy smash the enemy has done made a huge crater at the center of the arena! Even the other Gladiators and Kaisers were stunned due to the destructive power of the enemy!

“Did we get him?” The pompadour Kaiser asked a rhetorical question.

When the dust faded, Raynevere could not be found. The bald buffed Gladiator looked around; up, down, left, right, but he couldn’t find the Cyber Elf.

“Your Gladiator is too focused on offense that he forgot about defense, Mister Pompadour.” It was Raynevere’s voice.

We all just realized that Raynevere was already at the back of the pompadour Kaiser, her leg raised ready for a kick. With a quick flick of her leg, her heel smacked on the enemy Kaiser’s forehead which made him fall to the ground!

“Gwah!” Pompadour Kaiser cried as he suffered a direct attack!

[Battle Finished]

[Applicant 112 Win!]

Seeing the notification right in front of my eyes made me sigh with relief. Raynevere is an exceptional Gladiatrix, being able to defeat the enemy without the help of any Command Card from me. She may be a Master-Grade Gladiatrix because of her performance in this fight.

I don’t deserve her a little bit.

“We won, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere raised her hands ready for two high-fives.

However, I left her hanging. I’m so down and frustrated with myself for bricking the very first fight in our coliseum.

“You won the fight, Miss Raynevere. You fought all by yourself.” I sobbed.

“No! Since we’re on the same team, we won! High ten!” Raynevere attempted to be cheerful but I left her hanging again. She’s not getting my point.

“But I was just resting like a sitting duck the whole fight. I didn’t do anything.” I said.

“Were you able to rest well, Mister Elzane?” Raynevere adorably tilted her head with a naive but adorable stare.

Wasn’t it normal to be angry if your partner didn’t help while you did all the fighting? Is Raynevere stupid, or just strange?

3