CHAPTER 35 – BONK
140 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 35 - BONK

I have to get serious if we want to win the Battle Fiesta. Most of our goals would be achieved if we surpass the obstacles we have on the way.

Seeing how Himeno Yuusha fought savagely during the first round of the qualifiers, I already knew that we’ll get eliminated if I stay relaxed and stupid. Raynevere is also doing her best in this event, so it’s almost imperative to keep up with her!

[Applicant 112 vs Applicant 231]

[Battle Start]

As soon as the buzzer for our second fight went on, I and the opponent Kaiser swiped our hands and five hologram cards appeared on each side.

The enemy Gladiator is a Cyber Mage, which is an old man with white hair and a long beard reaching his chest. He’s wearing a blue wizard’s hat and robe that has several yellow star ornaments in it. He also has a wand that may have bought from Hogwarts. 

To make it more comedic, my enemy Kaiser on this second round of the qualifiers is a magician guy with a black cape. He’s even wearing a white mask that covers the upper half of his face to make himself more mysterious. I felt like we were fighting some duo that came from a circus.

“Activate Skill Card: Fire Lion Ring!” The enemy Kaiser revealed his first Command Card!

The Cyber Mage enemy waved his wand in a circle pattern, and a portal materialized! All of a sudden, a feral beast made out of flames came out of the portal and roared! With its nimble feet, it galloped and rushed towards Raynevere!

Raynevere may run as fast as a lion, but I do not want her doing all the effort in this battle. I immediately revealed my Command Card to match the enemy’s attack!

“Activate Equip Card! Striker Wing!”

Cybernetic wings sprouted on Raynevere’s back. Jet engine hissed as she gained altitude just in time to evade the fire lion’s assault!

Now that Raynevere is at a safe height, she aimed her bow and fired energy arrows toward the fire lion! In one straight shot towards the fire lion’s forehead, it exploded into small embers that spread out like fireworks!

“We can fly too! Activate Equip Card: Witches Broom!” The magician Kaiser revealed his second Command Card!

The Cyber Mage materialized a wooden broom in his hand. Without hesitation, he rode it like a motorcycle, and he began to levitate up in the air!

“Hahaha! Take this!” The old man Cyber Mage waved his wand, and three fireballs immediately chased Raynevere! 

Raynevere made an outstanding maneuver, spinning in the air gracefully like a fairy. She avoided all three fireballs with her acrobatic aerial movements. Both I and the enemy just stared in awe at such a wonderful show!

Wait, I shouldn’t be watching her like this! I must take this opportunity to counterattack again!

“Activate Skill Card! Striker Wing Blaster!” I revealed my second Command Card!

In an instant, the Striker Wings dispersed into six floating sword-shaped drones and fired blue photon beams toward the enemy wizard! The six lasers triangulated all the best possible positions of the enemy Cyber Mage, so there’s no way he can maneuver it!

I double doubt it for the reason that the old wizard cannot do aerial acrobatics like the athletic Raynevere, let alone do it using a witch's broom!

“Activate Counter Card: Kingdom Wall!” The enemy Kaiser revealed his third and last Command Card for this fight!

All of a sudden, hologram brick walls were erected that protected the enemy wizard from the Striker Wing Blaster! The brick walls sustained considerable damage from the Striker Wing Blaster, but it is not enough to even touch the enemy Cyber Mage!

“Our defenses are superb! It will take three attacks before the Kingdom Wall falls! Hahaha!” The enemy Cyber Mage celebrated.

“Don’t be so sure, old man!” I roared out loud with a smile as I swiped my third and last Command Card I will play in this match. I raised my hand upwards and revealed my trump card! “Activate Skill Card: Bonk Hammer!”

A huge cartoonish hammer the size of a water tank materialized on Raynevere’s hand. With full force, she smashed the Kingdom Wall with Bonk Hammer, breaking the allegedly impenetrable defense the enemy has created!

Bonk Hammer is a single-use Skill Card that destroys all enemy defenses and deals piercing damage. It is usually hard to aim using this absurd weapon, but the enemy being too reliant on their defenses made it possible to hit!

“Gaaaaah!” The enemy Cyber Mage cried as he was hit with the gigantic hammer! He quickly crashed thereafter towards his Kaiser who was too surprised to even run away!

“Nooooooo!” The masked magician Kaiser cried.

There was a loud boom, a dusty smoke, and then a crater. And at the center of the crater are our opponents Gladiator and Kaiser. Top that, Himeno Yuusha!

[Battle Finished]

[Applicant 112 Win]

3