CHAPTER 50 – ROTTEN PURPOSE
82 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 50 - ROTTEN PURPOSE

The dark glass of the mask cracked and then shattered as soon as my fist made an impact. I swift jolt of pain flowed from my knuckles, through my arms, and finally to my brain. I gritted to endure the agony I inflicted upon myself.

The Masked Kaiser fell to the ground. He’s surprisingly light, considering that I was able to take him down with just one full-forced punch. The shards of glass scattered on the surface.

Blood started to flow from my injured fists. One, two, three. After three drops of blood moisten the dry cement, the Masked Kaiser laughed.

“Hahaha! You won, Elzane Chaldeas. You tricked me.” The Masked Kaiser slowly stood up with his hand covering his left broken mask. His voice is now a mix of cybernetic and natural.

“I activated the Skill Card: Hologram Illusion back when the Smokescreen Skill Card is active. The Elzane Chaldeas on the highway is none other than my hologram copy. While you two are busy fighting Raynevere, I took my time climbing the skyscraper with the elevator.” I explained it to my enemy.

“Brilliant, Mister Chaldeas. You actively took part in the battle like a fighter and not just a Kaiser. I hope that habit won’t make you disqualified in the Battle Fiesta.” The Masked Kaiser laughed.

“If this is a normal Gladiatrix Battle, then that would be an illegal move from me. But this is not a game anymore. Our lives are at stake. That is why I will use every resource I got to defeat you!” I shouted.

“Hahaha! Since you’re so bright, I will now give you your prize.”

The Masked Kaiser slowly removed the hand that was covering the broken part of his mask and then showed a portion of his face… or her face.

Snow-white skin, purple eyes, and dark gray hair. The round face she got made me sure that she was feminine. For some reason, she reminds me of Raynevere. No, the two of them look identical!

“Y-You are…” Raynevere muttered. She put her hand on her chest and slowly took a step forward. “You are a Treenity too!”

“I was.” The mysterious Kaiser answered. “But it was all your fault that I was no longer one!”

“W-Who are you!?” Raynevere asked as she held her aching chest.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. All you need to know is that I am your living tragedy and your worst nightmare. I destroyed the Treenity Village with my own hands. I killed your relatives and your family. And I have your Grandfather!”

“W-What!? G-Grandpa is alive!?” Raynevere asked.

The mysterious Kaiser swiped his hand in the thin air and a huge hologram screen opened up. Both of us were terrified when we saw the person on the screen.

As the mysterious Kaiser said, it was Raynevere’s Grandpa, still alive. However, he is encased in some capsule butt naked, and there are tubes on his nose, mouth, ears, private parts, and one of his eyes. Half of his head is opened, making his brain visible. His heart and right lung can also be seen pumping. His body is rotting like a zombie but he is in complete stasis.

“N-No! What did you do to my Grandpa!” Raynevere cried.

“Revenge.” The mysterious Kaiser smiled creepily.

“What did my Grandpa ever do to you!?” Raynevere hollered.

“Oh, everything bad. Not in your wildest nightmares will you ever imagine what made me who I am because of your selfish Grandpa.”

“No! Please release him at once!” Raynevere’s knees touched the ground as she lost all her strength. “I’m begging you! Take me instead! Just don’t hurt my Grandpa!”

“No can do.” The mysterious Kaiser mocked. “Have you forgotten? I exist to torment you! I will make sure that you will suffer for the rest of your life!”

The Broken-Masked Kaiser slowly walked forward closer to the Cyber Elf who has lost her will to fight. However, I am still here to support Raynevere!

“Activate Counter Card: Divine Shield!” I revealed a Command Card, and then Raynevere was coated with a bubble-like barrier that kept the Broken-Masked Kaiser’s fingers away!

“Why are you still resisting, Mister Chaldeas? Even though your betrothed has no more intention to fight, you are still stubbornly resisting.”

“I will never let you hurt Raynevere again! Because I’m her fiance!” I roared out loud.

The mysterious Kaiser was taken aback by my sudden shout. After a few seconds, she laughed out loud.

“Hahaha! Oh yeah, right! You’re the fiance of the poor Raynevere! How unlucky of you! Haven’t you thought to yourself that Raynevere is just using you and your family just to recover her rotting corporation?”

“Shut up!” I cried.

“Are you that dumb to realize that Raynevere will never fall in love with a nobody like you!?”

“Shut up!” I hollered once again.

“All of your efforts to save this marriage are for naught, Mister Chaldeas. You may be smart, but not as smart to think that fixed marriage has only one purpose: to save the irredeemable Treenity Innovations. Once Raynevere recovers the company’s former glory, she will no longer have a use for you!”

“Shut up!” I cried for the third time.

All of a sudden, the Gladiatrix System displayed a big red error message.

[Warning: Trojan Malware Detected]

[System Corruption will Run in 3… 2… 1…]

1