CHAPTER 53 – UPLIFTING TEXT MESSAGE
89 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 53 - UPLIFTING TEXT MESSAGE

I holed up inside my room for the past three days. I ended up wasting my time sobbing on my bed and wiping the tears out of my eyelids. I never would have thought that a rejection from Raynevere would hurt this much.

It’s not just the rejection I’m feeling bad about. It was the fact that I’d been used by that woman since the very start. All the promises we tried hard to keep, and all the experiences we’ve had together are now all for naught.

I tried cheering myself up by playing games or watching TV series or movies. Sometimes I would watch the previous Battle Fiestas on the internet. It was a good pastime for me to temporarily forget the pain in my heart, but after that’s over, all the suffering will come back.

Raynevere’s smile, cheerful voice, and touchy feelings are already burned in my brain. All those memories we shared were replayed over and over like a video in a loop. Those treasured memories of ours are now the ones I wanted to forget.

There are some seconds of my life when I want to commit suicide. Good thing my conscience would whisper to me that it is an absurd thing to kill myself just for the reason that I was used by a girl I loved. I know it could never get worse than this, so emotionally recovering is still far away.

There are even times that I wanted to vomit. The butterflies on my stomach have maybe evolved into bats that are sucking my insides dry. I can no longer eat like before, and my sleep has become worse. Sometimes I would just wake up at midnight and cry like a little bitch.

Who would have thought that a guy’s heart is much more fragile when it turns to love?

It’s been three days that I never went out of my room. It’s still summer break, but the school will start next week. It’s not like I’m going to school right away. I am planning on becoming a NEET until I completely forget about Raynevere.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Elzane, breakfast is ready. Get up already and eat.” It was my mother’s voice.

I sluggishly opened the door and followed my mother downstairs. I went to eat with my father who was busy reading the news on his tablet. For some reason, my parents stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me.

“You’ve been holed in your room for half a week. And judging from your eyes, you haven’t done any rest either. What’s the matter?” My father asked.

“Nothing,” I said.

“I heard that you and Raynevere passed the qualifiers, and you two will participate in the Battle Fiesta. Why aren’t you happy? We should celebrate! Hang on, I will call Rayne-”

“It doesn’t matter,” I muttered. “I want to call off the marriage.”

“What!?” My parents exclaimed.

“Look, it’s awkward to marry somebody you don’t love, right? We tried our best to make it work, but we failed. That is why I want to cancel the marriage agreement.”

“What’s the issue? Everything was going well, right? You said that you are on board with the marriage proposal! And now out of the blue, you wanted to cancel it!” My mother panicked.

“Did you two quarrel?” My father calmly asked.

“Surely you two can talk about this, right? What about the corporation? If the marriage is canceled, then both our family and Raynevere will lose Treenity Innovations!” My mother explained in a hurried voice.

“Think twice about it. I’m sure you two can work something out. We already invested too much money and properties for you two. It’s too late to withdraw.” My father said.

“Rayne will lose the corporation if you call off the marriage! Don’t you have compassion for her?” My mother said.

Raynevere has no compassion. She just used you. She just used me. She used everyone for her benefit.

That’s what I wanted to say to them but I know we will have a long loud quarrel at the dining table if I rebut them. I’ve stressed already, and I don’t have the mind power to turn them against me too. So, I just kept my silence and continued to eat my breakfast.

I was about to finish eating when I heard my ringtone and my pocket vibrated. I pulled out my phone and saw a message from an unknown number.

[Meet me at the Saltside Hills this afternoon. I have an Ultra Rare Command Card that you may be interested in. I will give it to you for free. This is Siferas.]

I was quite surprised that the Gladiatrix Champion Siferas had my phone number, and she even texted me! And now, she wanted to meet me and she will give me an Ultra Rare card? How lucky can I be today?

Receiving a text message from my hero did my mood a bit better. Sure, I might not use the Ultra Rare Command Card if I decided to leave the Battle Fiesta, but at least I can maybe get a selfie and an autograph and sell it online!

Suddenly, there was a follow-up text message.

[You don’t need to come with your Gladiatrix. You can come alone. My Kaiser would just like to talk with you.]

[Okay, I will be there.] I immediately replied.

1