CHAPTER 57 – YES MEANS YES OR NO
105 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 57 - YES MEANS YES OR NO

I felt the warm sunlight on my face. It was not pleasant. Instead, I feel like I’m sticky due to the dried sweat.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that it was already late afternoon. I looked at my Kaiser Watch and saw that it was already quarter to five, and the sun is about to set. The orange skies gave an orange tint to everything around me.

I found myself lying on the grassland. I saw someone on my peripherals so I looked at the figure first. Silver hair, gray eyes, and a black formal vest and slacks. It was the Gladiatrix Champion who just beat us.

“You’re finally awake,” Siferas said with a cold glare.

“Uh.” I wiped my face and then rubbed my eyes. Then I sat on the grassland and shook my head. I think I’m still dizzy. “How long was I out?”

“Just an hour. Your fiance was so worried that she ran to the medicine store.” Siferas said.

“She’s not my fiance. Oh wait, she is. But she will not.” I said.

I can still recall what happened. The last thing I got myself into is that Raynevere’s butt smacked the crap out of me.

“I don’t know if you heard this earlier, but you two are way out of sync during that last battle. It’s not what I saw from both of you during the qualifiers. Rayne lost her battle instinct, and you lost your innovative ways.” Siferas crossed her arms as she sermoned.

“I-I’m sorry. It’s just that we have lots of things going on, so maybe both of us can’t focus on the fight.” I said.

“Yeah, you better fix your lover’s spat sooner or later. Battle Fiesta will be in two weeks, so you guys should get your game on by then.”

“I don’t think I’m in the mood to participate in the Battle Fiesta.” I curled like an armadillo.

“Like hell you do. Rayne told me that her entire company is at stake, and she needs you to restore it.” Siferas said.

Oh yeah, I recall that Raynevere and Siferas had this business talk that involves Treenity Innovations and training her. Of course, Siferas will be here to convince me to fight for Raynevere again. That’s the main reason why she summoned me here.

“You know, a woman’s mind is complicated. You out of all people should understand that, especially if it is about your future wife.” Siferas added.

“Huh?” I looked at the Gladiatrix Champion with a confused stare.

“Rayne lied,” Siferas said.

“I know.”

“No, not that. I mean she lied that night. She didn’t mean to hurt you back then.”

“Because she got busted. That mysterious Kaiser, who appeared to be something related to her, revealed her plans.”

“No, shut up and listen to me first. Rayne told me her reasons.” Siferas said as she sat beside me.

The wind blew strong, and Siferas’ long silver hair danced with the air. The afternoon sunset gives a picturesque view of her cold-looking but beautiful face. She pinned her hair from flying with her hand.

“Rayne’s intentions are good. She wanted to push you away because she is scared.” Siferas continued.

“Scared of what? What will she achieve if she lies and pushes me away?”

“She saw what happened to her grandfather, right? At first, she thought that her beloved grandpa is dead. Then she was surprised that his fate is far worse than that. She knew that the dumbass mystery Kaiser wants her to emotionally suffer. What will you do on her shoes, huh?”

I was stunned for a second. If I was Raynevere at that time and saw my family member being experimented on and tortured, and the culprit threatens to hurt everyone I love, I would try to do the same thing. Maybe I will push everyone away and try to fix all the problems by myself.

“I heard from the news that her entire clan was wiped out by the Cyberdemons. I know it’s against her plans, but Rayne needs you more than ever. If you leave her, who knows what will happens next.” Siferas said.

“But she admitted all by herself that she used me. She saw me as a tool, nothing more. Am I just going to simp over her?” I asked.

“That is why you should understand a woman’s heart!” Siferas is growing annoyed as we drag this conversation longer. She raised her index finger and pointed at me. “If a woman says yes, it means no. And if a woman says no, it means yes. But sometimes if she says yes, it means yes. And sometimes if she says no, it means no!”

“Huh?” I scratched my head. I think she just killed thousands of my brain cells because of her analogy.

“That is why you should not trust a woman’s words, and start looking at her actions, nincompoop!” Siferas poked at my forehead.

“Ouch!” I rubbed my aching forehead. “So does that mean she lied when she said that she’s not feeling the same way that I am?”

“I don’t know.” Siferas shrugged. “You have to find that out yourself!”

1