CHAPTER 58 – HOT AND COLD
83 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 58 - HOT AND COLD

After all those discussions, Siferas gave me a vague answer. I still have no idea if Raynevere lied about not being able to feel the same thing about me.

“What do you know anyway? It’s not like you know both of us.” I muttered with an irritated tone.

But even though I mumbled it to myself for she not to hear it, the Gladiatrix Champion still heard it!

“Well duh, we talked during the past three days that you are gone. You have no idea that she cried every night ever since, and you’re not there to comfort her. What were you doing for the past three days, huh?”

“I… I cried too.” I mumbled with a forced smile.

“Pathetic.” Siferas had this disgusted look on me.

I know I’m pathetic, and she does not need to say that in front of my face with that kind of expression in her eyes. I just sobbed in the corner feeling pitiful in myself.

We had this silence for about a minute. I can’t see Sefiras, but I know she’s just there standing with crossed arms, staring at me with pure disgust. She’s judging my entire manliness with just her stare and she’s winning!

“M-Mister Elzane?”

It was a soothingly familiar voice. When I looked straight, I saw Raynevere with her purple tearful eyes. She is carrying a huge medicine box that seemed to be ripped off from an ambulance.

Raynevere ran towards me and immediately checked me out. First, she put her hand on my forehead to feel my temperature.

“A-Are you okay now? Still hurt?” Raynevere asked in a worried tone.

“I-I’m fine now,” I said.

“You sure?” Raynevere asked as she was about to grab an ice bag. “Here, this will help.”

I gave up on her hospitality. She is worried sick of me, and it will be rude of me to just dismiss her away. So I took the ice bag and used it on my still-aching forehead.

“I-I’m sorry if I hurt you with my butt! I did not realize that I’ve sat on your face and that you almost suffocated!” Raynevere looked down with a frown.

“It’s quite a pleasurable experience but painful at the same time,” I mumbled to myself.

“What was that?” Raynevere pushed her ears near me.

“Nothing, just talking to myself!” I said.

I’m quite surprised that Raynevere returned to the same caring personality that she normally was. It was quite the opposite persona when she revealed her secrets or lies to me that night. If she’s just acting right now, it would be difficult for me to identify whether she cares for me.

After poking my whole head with the ice bag, I gave it back to Raynevere which she immediately accepted and put inside the bag.

“Thank you for taking care of me,” I said.

“No problem! Naturally, a future wife should care for her future husband~” Raynevere smiled brightly.

I blushed. What kind of idiot am I, falling for this kind of flirtatious trick?

Wait, where is the mood we built up last time? I thought we were enemies, and now she’s acting friendly as if no betrayal happened! Future wife and future husband? Oh right, even if she does not love me, she has no choice but to marry me anyway.

I was stunned for a minute there. Good thing Siferas was already irked due to our lovey-dovey (?) actions. She clapped slowly and loudly for us to hear.

“Alright, flirting time is over. You two still remember why we summoned you here, right?” Siferas asked.

“Was it to end our lover’s spat?” Raynevere asked. Then a lightbulb flashed on her head. “Oh, right. We still quarrel. Mister Elzane must still hate me.”

Raynevere is weird in so many ways. She’s hot and cold, it just depends if she remembers it or not.

“No, you’re here to gain my approval. We had this agreement that I will train you, and I will give Elzane his Ultra Rare Command Card. You said you need more strength to beat that Masked Kaiser and rescue your grandfather. And there’s also the issue about that purple cat Gladiatrix.” Siferas said.

“So you know about Himeno Yuusha?” I asked.

“Yeah, and she’s a force to be reckoned with. I already told Rayne about this, but I will repeat it. Himeno Yuusha is not an Entry-Grade Level Gladiatrix. She’s a bona fide Master Grade. She did some kind of paperwork just to demote herself back to Entry-Grade to fight you two and take over Treenity Innovations.”

“So she’s cheating!” I exclaimed.

“Well, that’s how her money works. But she can be beaten. That is why you have to train under me to beat a Master Grade Gladiatrix and Kaiser!” Siferas stood proud.

1