CHAPTER 60 – WOODEN SWORD ARROW
96 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 60 - WOODEN SWORD ARROW

Siferas’ attack speed and movement speed are too problematic for us to deal with, and that’s not her forte at all. She’s one of the strongest Gladiatrix, so blocking her attacks is not a good decision. It’s not like Raynevere can dodge either as she is barely keeping up her speed.

Right before the two swords slice her up, Raynevere decided to block those blades with her wooden sword. Of course, that plaything weapon is not going to work so I decided to back her up!

“Activate Skill Card: Earth Enhancement!” I revealed one of my Command Cards!

At that moment, Raynevere’s wooden sword was covered in clumps of rocks that reinforced the defense properties of the weapon! The moment Sefiras’ swords clashed with Raynevere’s earth sword, chunks of pebbles and gravel flew around!

“Khhh!” Raynevere gritted as she gripped her sword tight. If she leaves a tiny inch of opening, she might end up flying once again!

Sefiras kept on spinning and striking non-stop! She’s like a tornado relentlessly ravaging everything in her path!

I looked at my Command Cards, and there are no more cards that I can use for her defense. So I opened my mouth and shouted out loud!

“Back off!”

Raynevere obeyed without any hesitation. She kicked the ground and somersaulted ten meters away from the spinning Siferas!

“Eh?” Raynevere uttered. I looked where her eyes are focusing, and we saw that the gravel sword is nothing more but a broken wooden weapon. All the rock reinforcement has been chipped off!

“You shouldn’t be distracted even if your weapon is destroyed!” Siferas smiled as she finally halted spinning.

Then she kicked off and pounced towards Raynevere with two of her swords ready to slice! She’s like a cheetah going for a kill!

I immediately grabbed two of my Command Cards but only activated one! “Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!”

Raynevere’s favorite crimson cybernetic wings sprouted on her back. But, our timing was seemingly off. Siferas would strike down Raynevere just before she could dash toward the air!

“You’re out of sync again!” Siferas scolded. But she continued to lunge forward and tried to cut Raynevere like a scissor splitting a bug!

“No, we’re not!” I laughed out loud. Then, I showed my second Command Card! “Activate Counter Card: Hologram Illusion!”

The moment Siferas strike down “Raynevere”, “Raynevere” immediately disappeared like a mist. Siferas was able to cut down no more than the mirage of my Gladiatrix!

“What!? Where is she?” Siferas looked around.

The Gladiatrix Champion did not know where Raynevere went. She glanced left and right but saw no one.

Raynevere was right above her. My betrothed only had a second to think and act. She’s not that fast to sneakily attack Siferas in closed range, and she might get counter-attacked if she tried to close in.

So, she had a unique idea to materialize her bow and load the wooden sword as her arrow!

“Take this!” Raynevere cried as she unleashed the makeshift arrow she made!

Siferas looked upwards, and then the wooden sword finally hit her, on her forehead! Since the wooden sword no longer has a tip, the damage to the Gladiatrix Champion is not that terrible! But at least we hit her!

“Ouch!” Siferas cried even though she didn’t flinch. She just looked at the wooden sword on the ground and then rubbed her forehead.

“We won!?” I pumped my fists, but I’m still doubting our victory. I silently mumbled to myself that “Wait, is this cheating?”

“We won, right? I mean, that is counted, right?” Raynevere cheered. “You said that we will win if we hit you with the wooden sword! We hit you with the wooden sword, right!?”

“Nope, you two won.” Nigel clapped as he went to the scene. “Isn’t that right, Auntie?”

Auntie Siferas sighed. “Fine, you won. I consider it.”

“Alright!” Raynevere and I made a high-ten! It seems that all awkwardness we had has already been extinguished as we just focus on our victory celebration.

“That’s what I’m looking for both of you. Your synchronization and innovation in your battles never fail to amaze me.” Siferas flicked her silver hair and smiled.

Nigel approached me and then presented me with a Command Card.

“Since you won the challenge, I will give you an Ultra Rare card that will help you defeat Himeno Yuusha.”

When I flipped the card, I saw it with my very own eyes. It was an Ultra Rare Skill Card: Combo Sword! Combo Sword is a one-time use sword that stuns the enemy when hit, and allows you to draw a card from your deck and activate it if it’s a Skill Card and repeat the whole process until I draw a non-Skill Card!

So the whole training about that wooden sword right now is just to test us if we can use the Combo Sword Card!

“Not only that,” Siferas continued. “As I promised, I will train Raynevere to win the Ultimate Grail for this Battle Fiesta!”

Raynevere’s eyes and my eyes are now filled with hope! Suddenly, we can see a bright light at the end of the tunnel!

1