CHAPTER 61 – AFTER-SUMMER SHOCK
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 61 - AFTER-SUMMER SHOCK

Summer break is over, and school has finally resumed.

Looking back, this past summer break was the most eventful and most life-changing of them all. Before the summer break, I was just an ordinary student who wants to become a Kaiser. I also never had any interactions with anyone because I’m a shy and introverted person. Heck, I was only able to see my ultimate crush from afar.

But now, I could say that my confidence boosted entirely. I’m now a full-fledged Kaiser with some interactions with other people. And now I have a fiance!

My day started normally. I woke up, brushed my teeth, bathed, ate my breakfast, and boarded the school bus.

“Heya~”

I was surprised when I saw Raynevere sitting on the left side. There are only a handful of students on the bus, so most seats are empty. But Raynevere scooched over just to offer me a seat!

“Mister Elzane, here!” Raynevere tapped the vacant seat.

Normally, I would just shy out and not take on a person’s offer for a seat. But since it was Raynevere and I have grown fond of her, I accepted her invitation and sat beside her.

“Wouldn’t we be seating on a hot seat if I sat beside you?” I whispered.

“It’s fine. Why you don’t want to seat beside me?” Raynevere showed her purple puppy eyes. Her steel elf ears even pointed down as if she was sad.

“I-I don’t mind seating beside you. But wouldn’t people start making weird rumors if we’re together?” I asked again.

“What’s wrong with that though? We’re betrothed. Take that away, and we’re Kaiser and Gladiatrix. Take that away too, and we’re business partners. Take that away again, and we’re classmates! Is it wrong to seat beside your classmate?” Raynevere reasoned out.

“It’s not wrong, but… wait, classmates?” I muttered.

I stopped talking when the bus stopped and then boarded a few students who are looking at the two of us. Then those students murmured at each other. As I thought, sitting beside a popular girl like Raynevere will have me on the hot seat!

Raynevere didn’t mind though, as she hugged my arm and rested her head on my shoulder. Now rumors are spreading!

<>

Students judged us from head to toe when we arrived at the school. Especially since Raynevere is still hugging my arm. I can hear rumors like “Why is Miss Raynevere with that nobody?” or “It should have been me, not him!”

“Uh, Miss Raynevere. We don’t need to act lovey-dovey here in school. We may be betrothed to each other, but we’re not lovers. We agreed that we will use each other just to get our selfish needs, right?” I murmured.

“Why, you don’t want it?” Raynevere asked.

“I don’t hate it, but-”

I blushed for a moment but my face became pale when I saw some male students glaring at me. It’s like they are trying to burn me with their deathly stares!

“M-Miss Raynevere,” I said with my shaking voice.

Suddenly, I felt a rough heavy big arm on my left shoulder. When I looked behind, I saw a tall dark handsome man in a varsity jacket that screams that he is the high school bully.

“Hey, punk. Why are you clinging on Raynevere!?” The tall dark handsome man asked with fierceness in his voice.

“I’m not the one clinging! She is!” I cried.

“What are you going to do about it?” Raynevere smirked. This Gladiatrix of mine is looking for chaos!

Since there are already an exchange of loud words, we already made a huge scene in the hallway of the school. Boys and girls circled us as if we were just about to do some kind of gladiator battle!

“Don’t you know that Raynevere is mine and mine alone!?” The tall dark handsome guy asserted.

“Nope! I am his, and he is mine!” Raynevere tightened her cuddle on my arm so that my elbow is already tucked between her breasts!

“W-What!? What makes you say that!?” The tall dark handsome man roared. He’s ready to throw his fist at my face any time!

“I didn’t say anything!” I cried.

“Mister Elzane here is my boyfriend! And our parents have already arranged a marriage for us!” Raynevere stuck out her tongue.

“W-Whaaaat!?” All students cried.

All of us are dumbstruck. Yes, even I am shocked. I never would have thought that Raynevere would just bluntly reveal our arranged marriage right in front of every student on this floor!

“N-No. Noooooooo!” The tall dark and handsome man fell on his knees, acknowledging defeat.

While all students are stunned by this revelation, Raynevere pulled me out from the crowd. I was about to ask her why she revealed our little secret, but she answered as if she just read my mind.

“I’m sorry, Mister Elzane! I want to use you too so that arrogant boys like him will never approach me anymore!”

1