CHAPTER 63 – THE CAT IS OUT
106 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 63 - THE CAT IS OUT

I never would have thought that my school life will be much more uncomfortable than before.

Sure, I now have friends, unlike the last term when I look like a black sheep and never talk to anybody. But having one of our enemies sit right in front of us is on another level of uncomfortable.

During the homeroom, the purple cat tries to dominate the whole classroom. When she went in front to introduce herself, she seemed to be the apple of the eye of most of my male classmates. However, their admiration for her was short-lived when she opened her mouth.

“Heed me, my useless classmates! My name is Himeno Yuusha, the next CEO of a multi-million dollar company that you peasants would not know! Remember my name, for I will stand on top of this classroom and soon this garbage school!” The purple cat sassily said.

Most people now have this look of fear on their faces, especially when they look into her crimson eyes. Since she’s a Gladiatrix, it follows that most students will be scared of her. Nobody would dare oppose a rich girl injected with mystical nanomachines.

On the other hand, Firius’s and Esthesia’s introductions are quite normal.

“Hello there! My name is Firius Victorheart, and I love sword fighting! If you want to fight me, just call me after class!”

“My name is Esthesia Arakonova. I do not have any hobbies or interests. I do not like to be friends with everyone.”

Well, Esthesia’s introduction is quite candid and lonesome.

But at least it’s not as embarrassing as mine. Since I’m a shy introvert, I let my stage fright conquer my heart and my mind.

“I-I am E-Elzane C-Chaldeas. N-Nice to meet you all. T-The end!” And then I bowed and went back to my seat. I’m all flustered because I stuttered right in front of the class. Right now, I wanted the earth to swallow me whole.

“Good work, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere whispered to cheer me up.

My mood was about to lighten up but then I heard a whisper from the front.

“How pathetic.” Himeno Yuusha muttered.

Hearing that, my ego sank like the Titanic. I want the deepest part of the ocean to swallow me instead!

It’s now Raynevere’s turn to introduce herself.

“A pleasant morning to you all. My name is Raynevere Treenity, and I love pageants and Gladiator Battles! Let’s all be friends from now on, okay?” Raynevere smiled brightly her cheeks red.

What a cute and humble introduction for a superstar like her! It is well known in the Saltside City High School that she is the reigning beauty queen of this city and the rightful heir to the multi-million-dollar corporation named Treenity Innovations, but she chose not to brag those!

And the way she said that she loves Gladiator Battles is like a love letter to me! I’m falling in love again with her smile!

Wait, we’re just using each other for our ends! Remember that, Elzane! Don’t catch feelings!

“Hmph! Monster!” The purple cat crossed her arms and turned away.

When Raynevere sat down with a smile on her face, she looked at Himeno who was seated in front of her.

“She’s jealous that you caught all the attention!” Firius whispered loud enough for Raynevere to hear.

“Ahahaha!” Raynevere scratched her cheeks.

“Nobody cares for your opinion, loser,” Himeno said.

“Wait, she heard?” Firius gasped.

Of course, she can hear. Those cybernetic cat ears on top of her purple-haired head are not just for design. Since she’s a Cyber Cat, all five of her senses must have heightened.

<>

And so, the class had begun.

School days are full of uninteresting days, at least for me, so there’s nothing noteworthy to be told. Well, except for the fact that Himeno Yuusha has been trying to retrieve the class’s attention by trying to answer all of the professor’s questions.

To be honest, it relieves me that she’s taking care of the recitations for all of us. Himeno is quite smart too for answering 90% of the questions correctly. Sometimes, she’s also asking some questions the professors like those old-fashioned inquisitive attention-hungry students. She might be a little bit shaming herself, but she’s just showing off that she is not just beautiful and strong, but also intelligent.

The first day of classes ended like a breeze. Students have clumped together in their respective circles of friends. Himeno Yuusha went home ahead of us without uttering a word, but just a deathly stare at Raynevere.

When the purple cat is already out, Firius initiated the talk between us four.

“So, what’s your plan today, huh, Elzane? Let’s hit the arcade!” The red-haired Cyber Knight’s enthusiasm is at max level.

“Uh, no. We still have training with Auntie- I mean, Master Siferas.” I said.

“Oh, you’re beginning to call her Auntie too! That’s a good start!” Firius grinned.

“I heard that she will be training you until the end of the Battle Fiesta. Is that right, Raynevere?” Esthesia asked.

“Yep! Our day will just start right now.” Raynevere said.

The hardest part of the day will be Siferas’ training.

1