Chapter 9
125 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on, this way, I know this is your first time here, but try not to lag behind," Allan said, as he called out to me.

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to keep up with him

It had already been a year since I had arrived in Atlantis and during that time I had mostly stayed at Allan's residence, only going out with Him or Eina.

Allan had also completed the seal, which worked great so far. Since then I have had no problems with my mana. It also allowed me a secondary mana pool, meaning I rarely drew mana from my own.

The seal would absorb the slow leak of mana that escaped my core, it would then split the mana between 2 mediums one was the seal itself and the second was this glove which would allow me to use my father's sword until the mana left in the glove runs out. It takes about 3 days to recharge and as long as the amount remaining isn't at zero, it would still be usable.

Even though Allan can be rather strange sometimes, he helped me out a lot. Although it isn't a permanent fix, it still allowed me to get this far and, for that, I am grateful.

We had just entered the academy district where the students of one of the most prestigious schools on Gaia the Procyon academy would spend their semesters.

The academy accepted students from all corners of the world regardless of race and background, as long as they pass the entrance exam, that is.

Individuals chose a primary profession, then a secondary one. The one I would apply for as my primary profession explorer was considered the most difficult to get into. Not only were the tests challenging, but the competition for open slots was fierce.

Even though you must take an entrance test from what I understood, they are different based on what profession you pursued, as the academy had a very broad curriculum.

Moving around was a bit of a hassle. I constantly bumped shoulders with strangers as every one traveled in one general direction. The atmosphere was festive; persons in the district treated this as a celebration. As most people took this as an opportunity to mess around while others would use this to make a profit.

"Hey there you look new here, and judging by your equipment you seem to be going for a battle profession, how about I set you up with some potions, you won't get these at a better price anywhere else," a store owner said as he tried to get a dwarf kid to enter his store.

"All candidates who have not yet registered please go to terminal 1. Registration will end in 18 hours," a feminine voice said from the platform that floated above the district.

"Shouldn't we go register," I said to Allan. "With this many people here, there is bound to be a long line."

"You don't have to worry, as you are my recommendation. I have already taken the liberty of having you registered long ago."

"The registration is usually a soul fate and cultivation level checkup, all of which I have already done,"

He said as he continued walking ahead.

"Since I'm a trusted source, it all went pretty smoothly. For now, all you need to do is select your professions and wait."

We arrived at a large building where many potential students gathered. I could see several glass balls stationed within the building, each accompanied by white coat professors.

we continued ahead and entered another section of the building.

"Good day Professor florin, another student?" a merfolk woman from behind the counter said with a smile.

"Good day Marla, you look beautiful as usual," he said, trying his best to act suave.

"Ah, please refrain from saying such things while I'm working," she said as she tried to cover her face, which was now flushed red.

Such a generic line and yet it dealt this much damage?

"I am only stating the facts," He replied.

"Allan, can you please stop harassing my attendants," a slender merfolk woman with blonde hair said as she approached from behind the counter

"The Headmaster notified me beforehand of your arrival," she said as she handed him a device

"Use this to get your candidate prepared,"

"I'll warn you again, don't bother my girls or ill have you thrown out," she said, her smile now gone.

"I'll try my best," Allan replied, scratching his head.

He then brought me to a room where other candidates sat and contemplated their choices.

"Right, have a look at this. It shows all the professions available to you," He said.

"Select what piques your interest. If you're unsure about a profession, just press here and it will give you a rundown."

"Once you are done, give it to the guy up front and meet me in the lobby,"

There was a wide range of professions to choose from. I had already decided that explorer was going to be my primary and during my time with Allan; I had grown fond of learning about Runes so I took Rune scholar as my secondary.

I wasted no time and selected the two professions that interested me and headed out of the room.

Upon arriving in the lobby, Allan was nowhere to be found. I asked around if anyone had seen an elf with green hair, but no one could help. At that point, all I could do was wait.

After waiting 10 minutes, I exited the building and observed what was happening in the registrations section. Many students came and go, whenever someone with high innate talent showed up the orbs would make it super obvious by shining brightly, there was one particular Draco girl who seemed to catch everyone's attention but her guards allowed no one to come near her as she had shown a legendary grade fate soul. It was quite comical to watch as the scouts try their best to get her to join their guild, only to be shut down by her guards.

It was then the Elven girl arrived. She had beautiful long Pink hair that was organized in a braided ponytail, her hair had grown all the way to her knees and was littered with flowers and other ornaments. Her emerald green eyes caught my attention. Apart from the color, they had a strange clover pattern that replaced a regular pupil. Mana practically danced in her presence. While they waited in line, I couldn't help steal a few glances at her.

When first in line, she walked up to the orb and when she put her hands on it, all hell broke loose

"M-Mythical Grade?" One candidate said in surprise.

"what?…... who?" a scout said

Practically, every scout in that building swarmed the two Elves.

"First a legendary and now a Mythical not to mention a bunch of Epic grades. This year's students are crazy," one scout said.

"Seems someone interesting showed up," Allan said, appearing from behind me out of god knows where he had disappeared to and nearly giving me a heart attack.

"I would ask where you've been, but honestly, I'm afraid to," I said as I turned back to look in the direction of the commotion.

The retainer, a tall Elven woman, then unleashed her magical aura, stopping everyone in their tracks, a clear sign to keep their distance.

The noise had given way to pure silence as everyone watched them leave the complex. Upon exiting, we made eye contact.

At first, she looked at me with a confused look, as if she had seen something unusual, which confused me. We stood for at least 3 seconds just staring at each other.

It was then as her gaze turned from one of confusion to one of curiosity had I remembered Shino's word about those who had special eyes.

It looked like she was about to walk up to me.

At that point, I didn't want to take any chances.

"Allan, let's go," as I pulled the elf man by the arm.

He seemed to understand why I wanted to leave, so he made no attempts to stop me.

We had already long left the compound and were on our way to Allan's residence in the academy district.

As we approached the house, I felt the sense of anxiety fade away from my body.

"Do you think she ….,"

"An aspect?" he said as he rubbed his chin. "I'm not sure."

"But I would suggest you keep your distance," .

I made a mental note and jogged a little to catch up with him.

But what he said next made me stop in my tracks.

"Although I doubt she is from the main family, I am sure by the insignia that she wore... she is a descendant of Elven royalty."

5