Prologue: The Three Dragons
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terminal world contained a large island. On this island, there lived 4 monstrous creatures. Each embodied over one of the four elements, and they collectively ruled over the island.

The White Tiger Dewlo ruled over the forest to the west of the island.

The Flying Tortoise Myyst and ruled over the foggy valley to the north of the island.

The Phoenix Evell ruled over a massive desert to the south of the island.

The Ice Dragon Brinal ruled over the frozen peaks to the east of the island.

Everything was fine until, one day, two other ice dragons attacked from a distant land.

One of them was a juvenile much like Brinal, Gunge. However, the other one was an adult, Trishul. A fierce battle ensued, leading to the death of Evell, the freezing of Dewlo, and the fleeing of Myyst.

Fortunately for the island, an old sage from a distant land, Mirror Elder, had been hunting these dragons, and the delay caused by the battle was all the time required for him to catch up.

After another long battle, while the sage was unable to kill the dragons, he sealed them within the frozen mountains.

He thawed Dewlo, who had been corroded by the frozen energies, turning him into the tiger king of frozen mountain.

He then founded a clan in the mountains to prevent the dragons from breaking free. During his life, the clan grew into a prosperous, virtuous collective.

They embodied justice and were unable to tolerate wrongdoings. With the backing of the mirror elder and the tiger king, their roots grew deep into the island, unmatched by their peers.

Mirror elder was, however, still human. His life soon came to an end. The unrestrained power granted to the frozen mountain clan soon started to show negative influence. After all, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They modified the mirror left behind by the sage from a mirror of sealing into a mirror of control, using the two smaller ice dragons against the masses in an attempt to establish an absolute stranglehold on the island, and to become the rulers.

Dewlo, horrified by what he saw, stole the mirror and fled the clan, causing their power to drop like a rock. Soon, the other clans of the island started to show dissatisfaction with frozen mountain.

Thus, the Foggy valley clan, the servants of Myyst, the white tiger clan, a group of warrior mercenaries who took over the forests in the absence of Dewlo, and the Mevell, the followers of the deceased phoenix Evell, decided to declare war on frozen mountain.

In a desperate attempt to survive, they tried to use political marriages and other forms of political manipulation to reduce hostilities towards themselves. This caused Dewlo to become further miffed at the clan, and a certain girl by the name of Crystal escaped the clan to avoid the fate of being married off.

However, the plans worked, and after a certain amount of work, even managed to turn the alliance against itself, turning into a massive, four way war that engulfed the entire island.

1