2
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leaving the room you could see a corridor with several rooms, all composed of a bed, a wardrobe and a desk. At the end of the corridor there is the dining room, consisting of a long rectangular table surrounded by wooden chairs. From there you could get to the kitchen, where some children helped the middle-aged lady to prepare dinner, or in the library, 5 rows of shelves, full of books, ended up in a reading area consisting of a few sofas. The garden was across the hall, outside there were children practicing with swords, spears, bows or bare hands.

"A little different from what you expected, didn't you?" I heard the voice of the one adult from behind. "What’s going on?" "The children who are here have all lost their families, some because of their lineages, others because of the resources owned by the families, for all kinds of reasons. They are potential threats to those who killed their families, here they receive adequate training to survive, and hopefully during their time, the world could forget about them, so they don’t have to keep running when they will be out of here." "And they let you take them without saying anything?" "Obviously not, although it may not seem like we have a certain influence..." "Do we?" "You don’t need to know, however sometimes we have to just show up and we can catch them, others we have to kidnap them secretly and others we pretend their death..."

She lets me process the situation for a moment before she kepts talking. "By the way, I haven’t introduced myself yet, my name is Martha, but if you want you can call me nanny or if someday you want, mother." "I think I’ll choose Martha." "Then welcome to the Mist orphanage for the next 10 years of your life."

0