Chapter 13: No choice left at the end of the street
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Defend this!” Saar screeched and pounced forward with his whole body. Behind him was the strike of the whip which traveled suddenly in the great speed forward. Clayton pushed his sword upwards and with a flick deflected it away.

“It is too flexible. I won’t be able to destroy the body of this whip.” Clayton deducted from the hit.

The unnamed figure went around. Crouching like a rabbit, and jumped high into the air above Clayton. Taking its great war hammer which was hidden in the same way as Saar from his back and struck down right into the Clayton who faced the whip. A two-way attack happened in a blink of an eye as Saar continued attacking as well.

Velocity and power went hand to hand. He hit Clayton head-on. He staggered a little with his defensive stance, where his weapon went through the most impact. His hands trembled a little, but he defended from this attack without a problem. Just as he was retreating from this strike. An unnamed figure stuck him again. The force from a huge swing left him no choice but to discard the hammer and attack with both legs as Clayton crouched down both of their attacks.

He kicked Clayton in an unexpected way and as he forcefully closed the distance; he went forward to close quarters with his fist. Bombarding the unprepared Clayton. “You are courting death,” Clayton muttered. His sword pierced the foe to a shoulder from point-blank distance. He was aiming towards his head but was unable to because of the barrage of attacks.

This man didn’t mind it and quickly shouted. “Now!”

Whip swirled. In a moment, it wrapped around Clayton’s sword and attempt to steal it away from the man's shoulder.

“You won’t be able to take it, idiot!” Clayton sternly said and flexed his hand, which was holding his weapon. He pushed Saar towards him and kicked him into a stomach area. Then pushed away the unnamed figure to free his blade.

Saar did not give up. He pushed heavily forward towards Clayton, who had had his colleague as an easy target.

Clayton already expected this and jumped to his left from the pouncing whip right into the Saar and kicked him to his ribcage with a knee. His hand, which wanted to protect the impact, bent and attacked, fractured his ribs most likely too. But this was just minor trouble in the fleeting moment.

Clayton took his sword tightly in his right hand, still wrapped in Saar’s whip. “You want to take my sword? Then take it!” A glow appeared again, tightly rotating around the sword and Clayton’s hand. In just a moment, the sword made a horizontal slash from close range.

“Fuck me.” Thought Saar in his last moments as his torso was cleaved in half, along with a chunk of the near house and wall. Even if he wanted to defend to his best abilities, he failed from the too fierce blow of Clayton who ended their exchange as fast as he could.

Clayton stumbled to a side. “Damn it…”

The unnamed man was pushed and unable to get to his comrade in time. He just waited it out as his shoulder side was bleeding quite a bit. As the blade was pulled out with the force, it went lower and sliced more to his torso. Lifting his hammer with the remaining strong hand, the masked person jumped toward Clayton. He swung his hammer onto Clayton’s back, which was suddenly defenseless. Perhaps because of the lack of focus or inability to defend, it hit him straight on.

Bang!

Clayton was unable to dodge it and fell to the ground. He tried to defend with crisscrossed hands and sword upon hitting the ground. Bang! Bang!

“Drop unconscious, you bastard!” He swung his hammer repeatedly. Only stopping after the bloodied Clayton dropped his defending hands. His sword was still in hand.

Looking at him. The man dropped his hammer. Checking if he was still alive. “Tough bastard. I am glad he is still breathing.”

“What do you mean? I feel quite good…” Murmured Clayton.

“Bastard. You killed Saar. It is good that you are alive.”

“Shut up you coward. Let me go.”

“Too bad. That won't happen.” Figure angrily shouted. He took a crystal that had specks of light inside of it from his pocket.

“Sir, the target is captured. He got Saar, and I am injured. It is best if you come here personally to get him.” He talked to it as it was glowing from his grip.

“Good. Let him not escape again. Where are you?” Voice talked from the crystal.

“Close to a central district, west main street.” He replied and glanced at laying Clayton. He struggled to push himself up. A masked figure came closer and pushed him to the ground with his hammer. “You won’t get anywhere from now on.”
.
.
.
After a while. A row of riding horsemen came to a place they battled earlier. In the lead was a youth with an arrogant look and loose cloak which let the shiny armor out into the open. He was a young man in his mid-20s, with arrogant eyes and a prominent nose. He could be described as handsome with royal stature.

He did not even glance at the surroundings of battle, nor the two halves of Saar which lay on the ground in the pool of blood. He could not care less about the results of his orders. No. It was his purpose to lead the others. For himself and his convictions.

“Good work Raamsi.”

“He killed Saar! Bastard.”

“That is to be expected. He is not someone who could be defeated easily. I even expected for his another escape.” The youth calmly said. “So you sent us to our deaths?” Raamsi thought.

The youth approached, laying Clayton and crouched down.

“I can finally meet you, sir. I heard about your skills.”

“Who the fuck are you? And why are you doing this?” Clayton asked while still struggling through the pain.

“You probably already know. Man of your status should not be completely clueless about the world we all live in. But who knows, maybe you are like the people here after so long.”

“You are from Dawn?”

“No. No. No. I am the Dawn is something more accurate to say.” Youth explained.

“Hehehe. So a brat from the royal family wants some small pie from insignificant mortal countries? What do you want?” Clayton asked, seemingly understanding what went behind the scenes.

“You will serve me from now on. This will be an exciting new age for you and your abilities! Expect more forging and fame than ever before!” Youth talked in an exaggerated manner with mannerism that went with the words he spoke.

“Get lost. I won’t be serving anyone.”

“I did not ask. This is an order and you will be glad to be serving me.” He said to Clayton in a chilly voice right to his ear. Then, getting up, and turned to his group.

“I heard he has a kid. Mister Rose, can you get him for me?” His question was pointed to the one particular hunched figure with a mask and hooded cloak.

“Don’t you dare to touch him!!!!” Shouted Clayton agitatedly.

“I am giving you a choice and no chances to refuse. You are unworthy to wield such weapons! You are weak and barely able to defend against my soldiers. How pathetic to have them in hand, and be so weak yourself?” The youth said with an unwavering tone.

“Get going, mister Rose.” He ordered

The shrouded figure quietly left on a horse to the foggy streets.

The youth then took a scroll from beneath his clothes. He shoved it in front of laying Clayton, who was watching everything with a bitter expression of helplessness and anger. A black beam shot from it and spread all over his body. This was a kind of forceful slavery seal, which was extremely rare and hard to get.

Shock appeared in Clayton's eyes as he discovered the harsh truth. He had no way to defend or stop this apart from the slim chance he had.

Gritting his teeth in pain. Clayton made up his mind. He did not know where they got their hands on such a thing. They were impossible to make for most of the royalties on this continent, also getting their hands on them was outside of their scope. This was something that came outside of this planet from individuals beyond the mortal royalty.

“You… Regrets will be the last things that will be on your mind when you die. I still chose… refusal.” Clayton muttered as the pain from the forceful seal pressed against his very being. It was that kind of pain that seeped to the bone with chilling power which was impossible to get rid of.

Having no choice. Orbs of blue light suddenly rose from Clayton, who recited hard-to-discern words in an unknown language. Those orbs rose from him and formed a tall wall of flickering light right above him. They formed a formation that summoned a portal to the unbeknown lands. The glow from them started to spread forth into the very middle, where it quickly formed a bright, bluish, round wall. This was a portal.

“Fuck! He has a spirit beast in his service! Get the hell out of here, sir!” said one of the figures behind the youth who recognized what was happening.

“What? How could it be possible? The information said nothing about this.” The handsome youth said in return. Having no choice but to accept the incoming danger, he chose to leave as fast as he could with the forceful way his servant acted. They managed to flee almost a street away when they were shocked by the sigh on the other side.

Behind them, as they fled, furry paws with hidden sharp claws emerged from the portal. They quickly formed to tell legs of a few meters which landed around Clayton's body. A Head of colossal size with sinister eyes slowly came to a view. Beast of nearly 5 meters tall, resembling a wolf with thicker, spiked fur and great fangs, quietly looked at Clayton as it emerged fully from the portal.

Clayton was still struggling with the pain as the ideas in his head were being eaten up in this situation.

“This will be the last request. Afterward… You are free to leave. Please help save my son and take him somewhere safe.”

The wolf growled at Clayton. Hatred in his eyes. “You kept me sealed for so long.. Now this? Your fate is quite ironic. I hope Damascus will cease to exist with your lineage.” Wolf talked in the deep voice of what sounded anything but humane.

“No… You are mistaken. It was a protection for the future.” Clayton struggled to say.

“I don’t believe you.” Wolf howled at him as he turned around and left.

“I will help your son. Farewell.”

“Wait. Take this and give it to him.” Clayton took out a piece of cloth, a double hammer metallic emblem was in its corner. Hammers were divided into one as a single metallic hammer fell off to the ground. With this being done, Clayton laid his right hand, which still gripped his sword, and pushed it into the emblem hammer on the cloth. His black sword quickly warped and disappeared into it. Clayton took this single hemmer jewel for himself and the other one was for Allan.

“I am sorry for everything.” Clayton said as he tossed it to the wolf. Watching the beast catch it in his mouth and leave from the streets.
At the end of the road. A Group of the shrouded figures was slowly watching everything from afar. “Sir Meng, we should really leave right now.” said one figure to a handsome man. He tried to pursue him since the unexpected turn of events greatly risked their safety.

This was no beast that they could take care of. Probably not even weapons similar to what Clayton had in his hand would be much of a help against it.

“Calm down. It left… Which is bad news as well.” Meng said as he turned around. He then came back to Clayton with no fear.

“Where did you get that beast?” He asked.

Clayton laid there, pain slowly disappeared. Not saying a word. He knew he was done for. Even if he asked the wolf to get him away, he would suffer from the cursed effects of Meng’s scroll.

Seeing as Clayton accepted his fate. Meng did not pursue his questions.

Clayton could have asked for a better solution, but the fate of what was coming to him was not something that could be stopped with a flick of some words or promises.

“I will contact my master to get hold of your son. You still won’t have a chance.” Meng smirked upon watching the face of Clayton. Meng knew that he was a strong-willed man and will probably be unwavering for a long time. He needed his son. Blackmailing was the best choice for such a condition.

Clayton couldn’t help but curse the world. He felt this world was against him and perhaps even the whole universe couldn't stand his hope and live.

“Take him away!” Meng shouted to the group, which was still hesitant and nervous about the beast's appearance.

In Meng’s hands, crystal with red veins materialized. He shattered it apart into a foggy crimson line that disappeared into nothingness.

1