Chapter 19: Finite struggles
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Calm silence was in a forest. Allan was staring above him. 2 moons were slowly moving towards the horizon, unnoticed by human senses.

Calmness was striking his heart. He could see a figure emerging from behind the trees. Servant of Lord Gao walked to him. Accompanied by clenched fists.

“What did you talk about?” He calmly asked. No intention of earlier madness was on his face.

“Nothing much. He offered me some business in a name of your master’s jade.”

“You? Nice joke.”

“It is the truth though? He wanted to become my apprentice and travel throughout the continent. He wanted to help me with dealings with the Dawn and help my father.” Allan couldn’t help himself from jokingly expressing his sorrow.

“I laugh so much now.” Said sternly the scarred man.

“You should smile more. It will increase your lifespan. I heard it from some grandma on my grocery shopping today.”

Smeck! Bang!

Thud.

Allan’s body shook up some more. He was pushed deeper into the tree. Bark was pushing into his body while the tree was almost falling off.

“Hey! That is funny. I found this increasingly hilarious to watch your wrecked face. Hehehehe”

He fist punched him straight to his face. Dealing massive damage to his jaw what was barely located on his skull. He held his breath as dizziness stole his vision. He could see just a starry sky dancing around him. Allan did not expect such a strike, but he welcomed it. Acceptance, and grief were two things that come from losses. Helplessness comes from fear and the inability to change one’s fate.

Allan could not change anything. Layers of bloody red covered his starry skies. He liked the view. Still better than dying by watching being crushed by stones.

“Oi! You still alive?” Asked the man without a speck of emotions on his face.

Thud.
He slightly punched him to his stomach. Allan woke up, startled, and coughed up blood. If any were still left on him.

Huff. Huff. He could not speak. Earlier, he lost consciousness.

“Hey. You are still quite well, are you not... still alive?!” He shoved him into a second tree.

“Let’s do it a second time? Shall we?” He smiled.

Bang! He was hit once again.

Thud.

The bloody body fell to the ground. Unrecognizable to the eyes of people Allan knew. Life still clinging to his body. He bitterly and continuously felt dizziness and lost consciousness a few times already. Somehow, his left hand still held a piece of bloody cloth.
“They are your precious life supplies, brat. You should get them before your life will split from your body.”
He fell before his bag, but he could not see it. He just glared upwards with his half-closed eyes and felt nothing, really. Just a whispering wind in the horizon and slowly turning night.

Suddenly, he noticed tremors from the sky as the scene above changed.
.
.
.
Rumble!

Cloudy fog of bloody color appeared in the sky, higher than one could notice. They quickly approached the forest and surrounding atmosphere.
Thunders streaked forth, within and outside. The sight of crimson clouds fell off from the foggy sea. It continuously descended. 10 kilometers... 5… 1 kilometer.

BOOM!

Huge crimson-like thunder struck out as if it reached a barrier. After just a moment, it continued its descent as if nothing could break its path.
Shimmers of red-colored steam rained downwards. Causing corrosion of surrounding mountains. They trembled. As if the time for their destruction came. Shock waves caused wind to travel hundreds of kilometers. Like a black sheep in a sea of white. An overbearing atmosphere of this terrifying weather abnormality shook the earth and everything right above the mountain range and hundreds of kilometers of distances.

Red crevices surrounded the sky. It was not seen by many as it rapidly reached the mark of the tallest mountains.

Orb of red color could be seen inside a storm of energy waves. Dominating this sea as a king. This was an otherworldly occurrence that caused all animals in their surroundings to shiver and ran for their lives. It deeply affected every creature in the surrounding territory. It was mostly an instinctual feeling of fear, even if they witnessed the bloody sky or not.

Waves upon waves of this sea crashed to the ground. Its waves unnaturally shoot at the skies and folded to the mountains which were burst out of their deep roots. A burst of additional crevices appeared hundreds of meters across the surrounding regions up to kilometers of destructions.

Right around the corners of this destruction were locations of Allan, who rested by a side of a tree. Allan and Lord Gao’s servant, who stood in shock, looked forth into the approaching waves. Both were shocked by different factors. First, by the instinctual fear and exaggerating devastation of this madness he felt. Second by the vision of a bloody orb which seemingly looked in his direction, inside the crimson sea of color.

Allan saw very little of this terrifying sight after tremors traveled through the ground to his body.
.
.
.
Not so far away, destruction was still wrecking the forests in a different way.

Lord Gao was still in hot pursuit of Skoll, who was running away. He confidently let his attacks roar! Using 2 green twisted javelins and about a dozen long hands who were tossing rocks and boulders away.

Skoll was wounded. He was unable to one time retreat aside. It went through his front shoulder around his neck. It was a more superficial wound for his size and did not reach his sides or his spine. But it still let the blood flow.

“Bloody sun, How much stamina this stupid dog has? It has been hours and hours. I am getting impatient.” Lord Gao continued to curse from the top of his bird.

Skoll continued forth. He knew Allan's scent. He was still alive, but he had a bad feeling from deep within himself. He changed his strategy. No longer trying to directly compete with this old man.

Instead, he chose the path of draining his energy and following through with his sudden attacks at right angles. He succeeded several times as Lord Gao’s body was hit two times at the cost of being hit three times by his javelins, which cost his precious energy.

Skoll was not sure how long he should keep going. He would have reached Allan's position already if it wasn’t for this old man.

“This fucking beast. This…” Lord Gao continued to curse. Realizing his own problem after a while. Normally, he did not need to worry about this. It was his bad luck not having a brain dead enemy.

“I will defeat this beast in one long strike. Let’s wait for the best opportunity.”

Both of them were equally worried and injured.

One planning his safe route, the other his last attack.

Skoll was suddenly jolted. Coldness and fear descended on his mind. He was looking around to see what is the cause of such abnormality. It was a feeling of encompassing domination and fear. He glanced at the sky. A few kilometers away were crimson colors of clouds. The fog was pushing towards the ground.

It was a situation that was out of his world as well. He had seen nothing like this before. But he was also aware of some stories. To his knowledge, this was something that would never happen on mortal planets. Mainly, the abnormal feelings of his were the main factor that shook him up.

“What in the world is that thing? It affects me a great deal. For this to be natural, that’s the most terrifying thing about this. It is like a hand pushing towards an ant.” Skoll was speechless by this display.

Bang! bang!

In his brief state of shock. He could not dodge in time. Two bloodied wounds were formed on his side, which slightly penetrated his thick fur. They brushed past the metal fur-like armor to deal damage to his flesh.

“Ugh… no!” He grunted in pain. Looking up, he saw the old man keeping his charge. It was no surprise he took this chance and strike out.

“Whew. This was a stroke of good luck for me. What is that thing about the sky? For such pressure and sight. I feel something too. I don't know what… Reverence? Not that…” Lord Gao was looking from his eagle. His vision greatly shoots to the distance. His eagle shook up as he was lost in thoughts. It panicked and Lord Gao fell down from his back as the bird shrieked and pushed its wings in the opposite direction.

“You!! You dare to mess with me?” He shouted angrily to the bird. He fell to the ground regardless of his anger. His beast fled to the ground as well. Flying just above the trees, and fled far away as if its life depended on it. Want to get far away as possible.

“Damn you!” Lord Gao shouted at a distance. His pet was gone, just like that. As he reached the ground, he spread his weapons and steams of green hands, then transformed them into 4 twisted javelins. Protection and defense of his technique were the same as in the air. But his visibility drastically declined. as he reached the ground with no trouble.

“Where the fuck is that beast?” He wondered as he looked around him. Vegetation was blocking everything. He was unsure if this was his worst life crisis yet. But he was yet to be done.

Skoll was surprised by the sight of the old man falling. He fell into a dilemma. Charge or retreat towards Allan. He was unsure about what he should be doing. Danger instincts were tingling in his mind. This was not safe and either way, he would get injured or have some bad thing happen to him.

“It is even. Let’s just get the goddamn kid. I cannot fathom what the hell is brewing inside those clouds above. It feels absolutely terrifying to me, but I have to force it.”

Skoll decided to retreat forwards. Back from the old man, who wouldn’t know if he left or not. He didn’t have a decent chance of his assault.
.
.
.
.
Thud... Thud... Thud...

Orb of red light slowly floated from the cloudy sea of crimson. The storm slowly subsided and clouds dispersed. It floated as if it was strolling in this destructed forest towards the last two living beings in its vicinity.

The scarred man was stunned. He could not move or think. He just stared into the light. In a speechless manner, whether intentional or in trance, he walked away from Allan towards the orb of red. His vision was encompassed by the sea of colors inside. He couldn’t help but be mesmerized. He fell to the ground. His body trembled as his head etched. “Do not look! You are unworthy.” He heard in his mind. Voice so full of death that it caused his mind to turn blank.

“Unworthy?” He thought as his vision turned black.

Orb of red slowly passed by. Reaching Allan in a moment. There, it was floating in the space above him. Ripples of red started to twist around it. Striking the air in random order as the unknown dark aura took over the previous one.

Allan forced his eyes to open. He felt immense pressure. Facing something more terrifying than some oversized wolf or hits caused by some deranged man. It came from his very being. He did not wish to look at it any longer. He did not want to be near it.

He slowly closed his eyes. Not having many thoughts left. His consciousness was slowly fading away as the pressure rose. There, in a starry sky, which no longer uncontrollably spun. He has seen some figure of the old man with a forced smile on his face before fading away. He was a long way outside of the space, yet this brief moment of clearness left him questioning if he had seen things or not. Falling unconscious from a better life of him.

Orb of red aura flared up once more. The surrounding air was distorted.

It drilled through the laying Allan.

Directly to his chest.

0