Chapter 22: Fight
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skoll looked at the old man. The sheer oneness and shamelessness of his dumbfounded him. He seemed like a man who, when is decided to do something, he will go with it.

It was in a weird sense, similar to Skoll’s way of doing things.

He was sure that another path toward freedom was completely lost right now. Not many more chances were currently possible. He could not simply be crazy enough to end his life just because he lost in a clash and fleeting sequences. As for the strength of this old man? He was crazy enough to travel to this world, so he must be very strong.

Perhaps Skoll got even a little rusty. Clayton did not care much about his presence. His own thoughts about Clayton were negative, as if he did not exist.

“Clayton would never agree...” Skoll said resolutely.

“That depends on me! I will use you no matter what. Now, how the hell am I supposed to get back? Freaking bird! This is so frustrating.” Lord Gao cursed wildly. He glanced towards the beast.

“You. Are you part of the Heavenly list?” Lord Gao asked suddenly.

“Heavenly list? What is that?” Skoll answered.

“Heavenly list of the beasts. Ranked within the reaches of the Central and middle part of the universe.”

“Never heard of this nonsense.”

“You really are clueless? Where are you from anyway? How did you end up in this faraway place?” Lord Gao genuinely asked in curiosity. For such a beast to be here. To be able to get by unnoticed by secret organizations or individuals in high enough places. It was clearly nonsense as well.

“I take it as you don't know. Information is a key to many. For you to not know anything is just bizarre to me, so it is no longer important to me. In fact. It is even better if no one will be willing to get you from me. Heheheh. You will be a great addition to my collection and will be forever mine.”

“You make me sick to my stomach. I swear I would rather starve than eat your stupid ass.” Skoll swore at the old man.

“What did I get myself into? I swear on my name as a Lord… this is just ridiculous.” Lord Gao sighed and then kept walking on.

Skoll bitterly accepted his fate. He was done for since every idea about a forceful escape was unsuccessful so far.
.
.
.
Night lights gently gloved to the shattered ground. Animals still did not return. Utter silence was all there was. No insects nor humans were around.

The wind swayed a few remaining trees and bushes, which survived the sheer terror that swiped through the hundreds of kilometers.
The mountain range which spanned hundreds of kilometers was affected the most. Its epicenter was a circle that could be seen from high in the sky. Rifts and valleys were destroyed and new ones were made.

It would take a long time for life to go back. But nature is absolutely invisible when it comes to survival and perseverance. New trees will be born. Animals will run through this region once more. Life will begin to float.

This brief incident was like a drop in the lake. It shook the world for just a tiny little bit. And the world would soon forget about it, just like every volcano eruption and earthquake.

Time was relative, even in the grand scheme of the universe.

A human figure of a man was slowly walking on the messy roads. He looked around himself in order to look for something or figure out the cause of the destruction. Eventually, he reached the region who he visited just a little earlier. Every surrounding was obliterated and the scenery vastly exceeded his experience from not so long ago.

This was Edd Zenilis. He left earlier to return. Continued with his life, as the deals with Allan were of no interest to him any longer. One must have to work for oneself and he learned plenty of information from Allan. All he had to do was to adjust them and found the things that his father had.

He glanced in a deep sigh at the destruction of what had happened here. Earlier, the appearance of enormous clouds from great distances was very obvious to him, so he returned as fast as possible. Edd traveled much faster than some horses, thanks to his unique abilities as an energy user.

Shocks and tremors traveled to him throughout the ground. He was shocked as he thought that this was for sure related to what was happening to Meng’s master.

He was left speechless and wondered what could have been done differently. If his choice was wrong or not. Perhaps, Allan was worth the saving.

“There is not much hope here. Only power can cause one to be free from worry.”

Edd slowly moved away. Out of the distance of 5 kilometers, he watched what was once the original position he was with Allan.
He could see some regret in this vision. He could be a possible cause. A small variable that caused this destruction, but he did not think of that as much as he should. There was no pity, only an opportunity.

Not knowing what occurred here at all.

“I wonder if Lord Gao has managed to finish his disciple’s request. If so, I will try to look for them. Allan or that beast is surely somewhere. Escape is hardly possible.”

Before he met Allan, he watched from great distances the total mayhem of Lord Gao fighting the blurry wolf beast on the horizon. Their might greatly shock him as he was nowhere near as powerful as them at all. He just watched in awe, before returning quickly to his own problems.

“Now is no time to waste. Seeing the cause and effect is enough. But this eruption of an unknown source is something far beyond their fight.”

Edd silently thought to himself. Drifting from the night as he rather left. Only a sorry figure would think, act and risk being in potentially dangerous situations.
.
.
.
A few kilometers away, Lord Gao was holding Skoll in the air. Hoping that the wolf did not try to escape. He was looking for someone else. He was looking for the source of this huge incident.

Lord Gao slowly walked on until he met a laying man lying on the ground. He was covered in dust, leaves, and stones, he looked quite pathetic.

“You… CHUN!? What in the world are you laying here for?” Lord Gao shouted at him.

Still not responding, he approached the motionless body and kicked him hard. He swayed and sent to the near boulder. With a thud, he crushed and his eyes opened.

Still considerably confused about what happened. “What? Where? Why? Huh?” He muttered, looking around like a madman who just woke up. He noticed his master’s gaze. Piercing through him to the mind.

“Ahhh! Master! I am glad to see you. Have you finished your little hunt?” Chun hurriedly said. He did not notice the Lord Gao’s poor appearance or bound Skoll above him.

“You stupid moron. How and why did you end in such a state?” Lord Gao asked.

“I-I-I have tracked down my prey, and I even captured him easily. But… but then. Huge bloody redness covered the sky… oh my god. That sheer violet violence.” Chun muttered in deep shock.

“So you have seen what caused all of this?” Lord Gao asked.

“Master? Huh? Where are we?” Chun looked around him. Vast destruction was all he could see on the ground. From the mountain’s positions from the distant horizon and near ones, he deducted that he was in the more or less same position as before.

“So you know nothing, then? Huh?” Said Lord Gao in an angry voice.

Seeing his master's irritation, he pushed himself up to rest on his knees.

“I saw a red orb of light. It was utterly fascinating and violent! I was deeply moved by such extreme… power. And then… I do not remember what happened next. Just a blank emptiness.”

“So you are just lucky to be considered alive. That is just great. Where is that kid?” Lord Gao indifferently asked. His goal was apparent. This would greatly improve his chances of pushing Skoll to the edge. He did not have many powerful beasts. This is perhaps the strongest of them all.

“I don’t know. I made him unable to run away or move at all. He should have not escaped far. If he even survived. What happened when I was gone?”

Chun blabbered away in seriousness. Still confused about what could cause his visions of redness to be so damn dominating. He could not get it out of his head.

“So be it. I do not know myself. I was dealing with this piece of hard work. ” Lord Gao pointed above him.

“Aaaahh!? Master?! Congratulation on gaining another powerful pet.” Chen bowed toward his master. He noticed his injuries and exhausted mood, yet his dominating aura still could leave a deep impression.

“Hmph! As if it is under my control. Not yet! I want him!” Lord Gao said sternly. He gazed at the Skoll. Skoll gazed at him. Seemingly understanding his intention, Skoll just snorted. “I won’t help you at all.”

“Ugh. Beast. Tell me if you even scent him. I do not need your life for that.”

“No way…” He answered.

“Damn you. I wonder if that kid is still alive or not. Chen, do make a quick check of the perimeter. Try to find him in 2 square kilometers around the position you had seen him last time. If you won’t, then we are finished here. Meng’s request did not turn out to be a success, but that is fine.”

“Yes, master!” Chen bowed and quickly went his way to look for Allan.

After watching everything unfold. Skoll carefully checked his surrounding. He could not sense Allan’s scent at all. That could not mean that he was dead. As the dead still had their own scents.

He had phenomenal scent sensors as a wolf special species. He could understand many things from it. Their movement, general health, a position from great distances, and much more. It was his proud weapon and ability that went through him from his lineage.

Yet, for him to disappear like that from the path of scent. It all reached a conclusion that he was gone from this place for good. Perhaps a few kilometers away or thousands caused by teleportation would cause this situation. Skoll was unaware of what or who forced such a situation to occur, so he simply assumed that he disappeared into a thin air.

In fact, he did.

“Maybe it is a better thing for him to simply disappear. Clayton will suffer more, but his mind will be strong. He won’t yield. As for me. Hmph! They won’t get me at all. Forget it. If I have time to escape, I will bite their heads off. ”

“Tell me and I will get your treatment to be quite pleasant compared to one of my hard-to-tame beasts.” Lord Gao kept pursuing the Skoll to give up.

“Oh well, then. He is not here anymore. Take it as you wish.” Skoll said. He found it much more important to let this information out, since it was a fact that he was gone. Although he was unsure if this man would even trust his words, Allan was gone, and they won’t get him, so why bother? That was what Skoll thought.

“Really?” Lord Gao pushed Skoll to the ground. He glanced at him in a serious manner. “I hope you do not lie. I hate liars.”
They waited for a few dozens of minutes. Chen appeared in front of them. He looked at his master and bowed.

“There is really no one here. It is very easy to spot someone on the ground and I am considerably confident in my tracking abilities, it is either someone helped him or someone took him instead of me. He could have also been left alone or simply disappear into a thin air. I do not know what it could be. There are many hiding spots, but they are hardly suitable for cover.”

Lord Gao turned around to face him. “I will trust your points. Fine, let us leave for now. Eagle is gone now so… Ahhhhh.” Lord Gao was pushed forwards with fierce force. Two halves of the jaw were wrapped around his body. In a moment of temporal distraction, Skoll pushed forth with his slightly less tied paws. Bearing his fangs right around the body of Lord Gao.

He pushed himself forward as his jaw was mostly free since he did not have any potential ranged attacks, Lord Gao did let his mouth run free. Yet, Skoll still struggled in vain.

“You fucking bastard!!” Lord Gao shouted furiously. Green specks of fog protected his body as he launched his attack. Forcefully tearing open the space to slip from Skoll's grip, he physically started to punch him as the layers of green rope tied Skoll even more.
Beng. Beng. Beng. After a while, Lord Gao calmed down, as if he had the toughest work in the world. He sighed.

“I liked that face of yours. You nearly pissed yourself... Heheheh.” Skoll muttered in a faint voice. He found it still worth it.

“Hmph. Let us leave!” Eagle is gone. I don't know where it flew to. The distance is probably no longer under my contract’s control, so forget it.” Lord Gao nonchalantly said as the pattern of jaw wounds showed on his body.

“I swear… this beast. It thinks it is better than me, huh?” Lord Gao cursed in his mind. He never suffered such humiliation.

“Yes, master.” Chun could only watch in shocked silence.

They left this side of the region. Disappearing from the mountain range areas towards the city of Waan, which was undergoing raging flames of war and suffering.

Nature would slowly repair the destructed world, yet the lives would not come back. The heavens, nor man, did not expect that this day made some significant otherworldly plays. Chess moves which would only be moved by inconceivable figures.

State of the age of the Maker would slowly come to another light. It was unknown if it would be warmer or dimmer.

0