Chapter 24: End of the road
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orb of light silently cursed, as it couldn’t help the showiness of this process. Being low-key would save so much more trouble. It could easily finish the procession of its host and deal with the future as it seems fit.

Swoosh!

The wind, atmosphere, and everything within the region merged with the blue wings which spread around this region.

All was within its scope and grasp.

“My apologies, but you won’t interrupt my friend for a few minutes.” Lady, in a bath of blue flames, said in confidence.

“Such audacity!? It seems like your situation is getting complicated… Heh! What about that child of The Destroyer?” Said the same voice once more. It seemed it was a slightly more powerful being than the rest of them. Acting as a leader or maybe as a most dominating one out of all the eyes which beamed through the fog.

“Child? The Destroyer? I do not know what you are talking about.” She nonchalantly said.

And she wasn’t lying, per se. She was unaware of the answers to this question. Her companion did not provide more questions than she asked for. She was simply here to provide support for his cause.

It seemed to her that the beings around here were aware or recognized the aura of the red orb. As for the child? She did not care about it at all. Life of a single mortal child could not shake the world? Can it?

The situation came to a sudden halt.

The red sea went against the blue flames which were inside the circle. Outside was a tall wall of fog. Being inside yet to make a move.

Above them.

Old man sat cross-legged in mid air. His eyes were closed as his palms were pressed together. Lightness and nothingness. Two forms of matter surrounded the old man’s hands. Circles of light and circles of the void. They each held fundamental truths of these two matters of the universe. Each is different, yet in some ways, are close to the other.

They clashed against each other and pushed themselves towards the old man’s palms. They were incredibly profound. Not like previous attacks the old man was using. This was something that he prepared for the worst-case scenario and could endanger his vast foundations.

Down below.

The unseen beasts which were hidden behind the vast walls of fog were highly hesitant to make any move on the beings in the middle. Although it seemed like they had everything in their reach, rushing inside means the first one would be the most likely to be in the direct face with the terrifying lady bathed in flames. They did not expect such a fierce display of pressure against them. Just a single person went against their might.

But, they understood and we’re aware of what kind of people invaded their homeland. It was understandable for them to be angry.

Lady shrouded in blue flames slowly made her move to make a better position for her companion. Attacking and pushing against the fog to move the perimeter further from the red sea.

This situation went for seemingly infinite minutes. Orb of red went for the final opportunity within Allan’s body which was lost in a sea of redness. No one could see what went beneath it.

Above the crimson conflict. The old man was pushing himself beyond his limit. Between his palms was brighter and brighter light. Mixed within were shadowy, dark, and grey wails of matter that represented the void. Around him were gargantuan halos of light kilometers wide, which spread from his palms. They circled him in a layered pattern.

“Manifestation of Universe's lightness!?.” One of the beasts exclaimed in disbelief. Most of them were stunningly watching from down below the sheer display of something that none of them had ever seen, but could recognize from their own comprehensions.

Quickly rotating around the old man, halos clashed against each other and were pushed toward the in-between of his palms.
In just a moment, the vast light disappeared. Like a sudden streak of lighting that traveled in dark skies of night, before disappearing into nothingness.

There was a sudden stillness in the sky. Accumulation of an unknown amount of power was between the little palms of an old man.
Blue wings made of flame made their way away from the location of the red orb which was hidden beneath the red vortex in an ever-transforming sea. Preparation for the last strike was ready.

Without a sound, the old man unleashed a sudden bright flash of light as the palms were separated from each other. Flash did not travel below or up. It formed a bigger hand around the old man’s right hand. Not that big at all. Just around the volume of the human body.

It was made from both light and dark sheens of gray and black. These were the matters of the universe that were located in the vast majority of locations and the infinite space of the cosmos. But inquiring about this power for oneself wasn’t something that anyone can do. Not even this old man. Not that it was his power or experience that enabled him to wield this power. It was more accurate to say that the power of these matters was using him or was given to him by somebody.

Swoosh.

The old man disappeared from his location. His eyes opened at that moment, within his eyes were lights of the infinite sky of stars.
He reappeared above the red vortex as if he was always there to begin with. His right hand was tightly clenched as he pushed the extension of his hand down to the red vortex. Upon the contact, the redness shook and the twisting vortex underneath exploded from the impact into wide crevices.

Seeing the effectiveness of his attack. The old man manifested more of this power in one more attack. From his body, upwards towards the sky, were shooting pillars of energy. Like a stream of water rushing from the waterfall, but backward. A tall pillar of energy changed its shape, slowly shrinking and condensing to a pillar of light in a shape of a fist.

It was kept floating above the red orb. The crimson vortex subsided, as the diameter was just a few meters wide. Old man’s extended hand shimmered as it pushed down and down.

It was close. Very close to reaching whatever was beneath it.

It couldn’t be stopped.

A wide crevice was ripped open up as the hand slipped through the vortex very easily.

Allan was looking the same as before, with a messed up body, barely recognizable features, and wounds all over himself. Orb of red was just a tiny bit off from pushing into his chest all the way through. Veins were visibly swirling around his chest.

The old man was surprised by the ease, a sight he had seen, and gladness that he wasn’t too late. He extended his hand upwards. Its fingers changed to the sharpest of claws. It grabbed the vast pillar above it, which formed from the dissipating energy he had to get out. The shimmering light of them extended to the hand. It expanded in size as the old man flew above in a preparation for its attack. Using gravity and momentum to go for the kill.

It ate up everything, but its shape did not change much. Colors of light and shades of dark were even deeper. The old man was in charge of his attack and was just a proxy for something that he was using. Although he was not absolutely in control of this power, he was not too far away from comprehending the energy of this caliber. His comprehension and personal power and technique went hand to hand with it, but the last step was further than his entire path from the past.

He shook his right hand and twisted it downwards. The considerable strain was on his right hand as he pushed it down below him. Even this little movement was hard. For him to hear that some beings can use this as they wish. It sounds ridiculously insane to him now.

Orb of red was trying to speed up the process. This pressure on what was above was something that would be impossible to defend against, even with most of its power intact.

In the foggy walls, the beasts were simply stunned by this power. Even the lady shrouded in blue wings of flame was surprised by the display of this attack. She did not expect this much from him. This extent of the energy left lingering admiration and wonder within her.

Consumed by the sheer power, the old man shouted as he swing his right hand down, towards the helpless body of Allan. All the previous methods and wasted time were, in fact, required for the volume of such an attack. Unless he wanted to die with instability, he had to stall for a few seconds.

That was an amount of time that was exceedingly large in the conflicts of immortal figures.

The pressure of this attack exceeded everything. Gravity and sky were wiped clean in hundreds of kilometers. Even further from the plains was shimmering sights if the floating energy from the earlier attack. It smashed to the ground. There was no explosive power as it hit its target. Something changed with the way it hit its target. Most of it was dissipated outwards to the sides.

Hand of massive proportions could be seen appearing above this attack. Kilometers wide hand landed quietly down. Its palm pushed the fog even further away and blue flames were slightly extinguished with no indistinction. The focus of this attack required a strong will and was only for the sole purpose of the enemy down below. It held no malice towards the surroundings.

The enormous beast could be seen in the surrounding region. Dozens of them were watching this utterly dominating scene with gaped mouths. Most of them were barely a few hundred meters tall. Some even stood on top of each other to make a strong impression, as if they were taller than they were.

There were tigers, lions, wolfs, and more hardly recognizable kinds of beasts. Some of them were just a few dozens of meters tall. Titans made of stones, Trees that held life on their own, and titanic beasts kinds of all kinds looked with no intentions of going even one step forward, only backward. It was a bizarre sight to normal human comprehension.

Beneath the hand was still a struggling red orb. Its surface was slowly cracking apart inside Allan’s chest as the palm was amassing a tremendous power down below. There was no other visible physical damage in the surroundings. All was pointing towards the red orb. With the pressure rising, the old man was keeping his attack going. He started to sway in exhaustion until cracks formed in his right hand. The flow of energy did not stop at all. Forming a tremendously tall pillar towards the sky. The hand was pushing down as another pillar dropped to the ground.

Orb of red screeched in terror. Very inhuman noise roamed in anguish. The red explosion of liquid and forms of energy exploded within Allan’s chest. His already messed-up body was pushed further into the ground. Veins and crevices made by the orb were struggling around Allan’s body. This shock causes his eyes to pop from their sockets and be destroyed by the powerful undulations around this particular region. Blood seeped from his wounds, and inside his chest was the thick base of red liquids which seeped inward into his body.

A surrounding storm of red orbs shattering moved towards Allan. It engulfed him in layers of energy.

“Still not enough? How is it possible? This... Ugh.” The old man struggled in mid-air. His right hand gradually cracked apart into small particles. There was no blood. No flesh in his wound. Surrounding energy around him dissipated as well. It no longer stayed incorporeal form.

The old man just helplessly watched as the body of Allan disappeared from the ground in a way, he couldn't do anything about it. His lack of power and exhaustion took over his body. He fell from the air.

Unexpectedly, his body was caught by a lady in blue flames.

“I did not expect you to have “his” blessing. I can’t let you down now.” She said.

“ It is not “his”. Just an outer skill from someone else. It all went wrong. That man must be stopped before it’s too late. I failed. We failed. There is hardly a good way to solve this now.” The old man struggled to say.

0