Chapter 27: Ending the struggles and a surprising meeting
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Graaaaaawr.” The chubby dragon growled as the crimson hand continued upwards. It pulled forward, as the dragon could not dodge its grasp. it was pulled from above by its body. The crimson hand wrapped around a slightly chubby dragon who was madly struggling to get free. No struggles were successful, as it was beginning to be pulled down.

“Hmph! Do you think you can get a hold of me like this?” The dragon roared, and the wings folded from his back across the cave. A gust of wind spread downwards. It madly struggled against the hands but was again defeated.

“No way... What is this power? Its hold is not overpowering, but it’s firm and it is pulling me down. Is this the power of gravity, or simply the strength it has is too strong? That shouldn’t be that simple.I am at the level of power where I should not lose so miserably. Not against some barely conscious evil bastard.”

A screech sounded from the sinister-looking face. Its huge mouth opened amidst the beam of redness. It wanted to devour the dragon that was coming down. It would be a question of what it would do if it hadn’t lost some of its conscience. The only thing it did was act on its instincts and reach the prime senses of its former being. Like absorbing the nutritious energy which could prolong its life until the process of possession is complete. Life was a road for endless hunger where the strong would eat the weak. This rule was everything for the remains of the red orb.

“Screw this. I am a sorry boy. It seems your fate is not meant to be a peaceful one.” Dragon abandoned his struggle. Although he might have some ways to defend himself, it wanted to get rid of the remaining will that wanted to possess Allan, but at the cost of everything.

He charged down carelessly. Dragon’s jaw and its fangs were one thing that was one of the strongest attacks of the species. Although the secrecy of dragons and their sudden disappearance from the world of humans led to many questions, which were also eventually forgotten because what is not seen, will eventually disappear from the mind as well. Their legacy was slowly forgotten, apart from some loose dragons who decided to abandon their race. Their history was now mostly legends in a hearth of mortals.

But, in some places, not so much.

Red flame escaped from his mouth as it bite forward. He no longer looked so funny. Manifestation of the thunderous Draconian roar spread from him. Furious attack clashed against the sinister face. Dragon tried to bite him and wanted to split it apart physically. Face distorted as the lines of red, which resembled more of a storm of crimson veins changed. Dragon crushed it beyond recognition. Strands of tiny particles wrapped around his jaw in return.

There was no end to the force behind the red orb. It had what seemed like endless endurance and power that went beyond extraordinary means. There was a reason for the dragon’s shock. He hoped for cleaving it in half, as Allan was close to it. He did not want to risk his well-being over another one. This clash further shook the cave. Crevices started to form around Allan’s body.

Allan's mind fell numb and scared beyond his senses once more. The roar shocked him greatly as if the thunderous roar of a beast went directly against him. He could also feel unimaginative pressure on his body from all directions. No attack on what he took could be as horrific as this. Screw the scarred man’s attack, as some physical pain was natural. His hopelessness in his life left a deep scar on his mind. He hoped for the end of it all.

For a kid to undergo such a day, it was hard for him to sustain himself. His mind was fortunately resilient enough after all the work ethics of his father and his training. But no amount of preparation could make one confident enough to experience this mess. His saving grace was not being alive in previous attacks by an old man. His mind would be long gone and turned to nothingness.

This clash went on for a few moments. Dragon’s attack ended shortly as his jaw was wrapped around veins of red. Fire breathed through the obstacles below him. It was flowing to the center of the red vortex. Screeching, angry howls did not stop in the slightest.

“Hmph! You will perish right here and now! Fire of my kind will not lose to anything. I may be not up to the standards of these old farts, but I have my pride!” Dragon shouted in confidence.

He couldn’t be restrained. His fanged jaw and the touch of his claw broke apart in the futile attempt to stop him. It bites through the curtain of red. This jaw enveloped the whole of Allan and the crimson-colored face. Sparks flew around as the remains of the red orb exploded once again. Instincts chose to escape amidst the risk of dying. Multiple tiny hands unleashed the onslaught against the dragon’s attack and flew around to find a path to escape.

Dragon, upon seeing the unending retaliation, swings his clawed front limbs. It first smacked apart the attacks and then, second, struck Allan, who was tossed to a pile of rubble and all sorts of sparkling gems which were everywhere in this cave. Unexpectedly, in this pile of things was Allan’s bag. It still looked normal amidst the travels it experienced.

Allan's mind shook apart. His sudden feelings were abruptly presented once again. Countless fleeting emotions filled his remaining courage. He was unsure if this was even better than death itself.

Dragon grunted in satisfaction. “Hehehe I knew you were nothing special. All that is trying to go against the will of the heavens shall stop existing. No laws exist to accommodate such bold actions. Leave the boy right now! Perhaps the last remaining strands of your being will be left for the Underworld.”

Blood dropped away. Allan’s body, which was unexpectedly healing itself, hung on a wall. A glowing red sphere was visible on his chest. It manifested itself forwards. A ghostly red humanoid image was floating before the dragon. Just a few meters tall. Almost like a regular human.

“Huh? So you showed yourself.” He snorted as the fire spread towards the crimson figure.

The ghostly personification of the red orb extended the flickering right hand as it slashed with his five fingers forward while bending its body.
Like a flood of the red sea, dragon vision was blasted away as he was flung away instead. Sharp 5 lines of that attack were twisting his thick skin. Wounds appeared around his chest as the scarlet scale shot from his chest, which was the only even remotely impressive scale on its body. He could not see anything afterward and slammed to the opposite walls. The dragon could only watch as his scale dropped to Allan’s location.

“Ugh... Did he reach out here with his real body? Impossible. That figure is not someone from The Above. No human form there is such a madman. I heard from elders and our archives that there is a way of blood. Is that it? Humans, that are truly beyond the means of the universe?” Dragon thought.

“Aaaaarrrgh!” He growled as he pushed himself up as he planned to once again try to attack this thing that destroyed his home. This was probably a last-ditch effort or a last countermeasure for unexpected danger.

Figure twisted apart as the vortex slowly dissipated towards Allan’s chest. Vortex once more enveloped his body and surroundings around him as he disappeared in an instant with about a dozen or so meters of its surroundings, which were enveloped by the vortex.

Dragon only struck an empty space.

It got away.

He helplessly sat there for a long time. Realizing his destroyed surroundings, he cursed loudly. “Noooooooooooo! My place. How should I do my business now? Wait, wait, wait... He took a bunch of things with it. That’s bad. What should I do?” He cluttered through the debris as he looked at the missing things. His senses and eyes looked carefully for some time.

“Oh, mother of the lord! He took the goddamn book. What terrible luck. Am I screwed? No...no... I will need to look for it. Unless I have a death wish.” He started to quickly clean up the mess he unwillingly caused. He did not realize that his actions went against his principles, but it was already too late.


Outside of the cave was the mountain range that spanned thousands and tens of thousands of kilometers. Dragon’s cave was located just around the edges.
Beyond the stone walls was located an absolute gargantuan forest of hundreds of meters tall trees. They spanned beyond the horizon, with occasional hills and rivers in between them.

In the forest, swirling shadows passed by the trees. They came before the mountain range in terrifying speed, but with grace and unlike precision. A Group of magnificent-looking wolves appeared through the shade of the trees. They were all in a black-furred color. Silver eyes shined through the darkness of what their fur presented. Most of them were from 5 to 8 meters tall. The one leading the group jumped towards the summit of the closest cliffs. He was much bigger than the rest.

It howled loudly as the rocks and pebbles around shook and fell for a few kilometers.

“Owner of the mountain. Come forwards. There is someone to meet you.” The voice spread throughout the mountains.

Inside the no particular looking cave, the dragon was still looking and sternly cried over his fate. It heard the clutter of words which beamed through the roof and almost through the entire mountain.“Huh? Who in the sun wants to meet me at this moment? What sort of bad luck is this?” Dragon unhappily grunted. He just looked at the surrounding mess before unwillingly flying up through the open cave above.

He glanced away from the surrounding regions and noticed a black wolf sitting on a distant cliff, carefully watching him with his silver eyes.

“What are you here for? I am in no mood for some company.” He shouted angrily.

“It is not my decision to decide. She would be a witness herself.” Wolf announced as he waited here for plenty of time.

“Her? Who?” He questionably asked.

“Follow me.” Wolf jumped from the cliff, ending in plains very close to the gargantuan forest.

“Fine. I will play along then. At least they do not want to make a business or talk in my place.” He decided to comply.
Gliding beyond the mountains, he could see a group of wolves standing beneath the vast trees. He landed in front of them and glanced around.

“So? What is there to talk about? I don’t want to make some business right now.”

A Group of wolfs fell silent as he appeared. They backed off into the distance with their heads down.

The dragon looked at them in confusion.

Shadows in the surrounding trees flickered. Thuds that shocked the branches lingered close to a dragon’s location. A divine wolf of a good third of the tree’s size appeared in front of him from the forest. Its fur was deep black, with shiny silver outlines around its limbs, front, back and tail. Its eyes were the most mesmerizing to behold. One was completely white silver, while the other had a galaxy of stars on them.

“Good to see you doing well, little treat.” A female voice echoed toward the dragon.

“Y-you? What? Why? How come you came here for me?” What sort of things could cause your visit? He muttered as the nervousness got a hold of him. In front of him was one of the kind beasts who was acknowledged as a ruler among the pinnacle of its kind. Ruler of the Shadow wolf species, Dyrren of the Sky.

0