Chapter 36: Her secret
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the real world. Around 28 hours passed since Zigmund massaged his Elder Brother. He still did not get any answer, nor did any hawk show itself. He was leisurely sitting in his office without any worries.

During this period of time, Allan was still the same as always, just his color slowly became more healthy. That was a good sign. Sarey last night returned with a feast of meat, rice and freshly cooked bread, and long-shaped pastry, which could be easily shoved with meat, sauces, and veggies to make some nice and good-looking meals. It was one of the new types of meal one of his employees came up with. It sold quite a bit.

She also gets in touch with a doctor who she later found was invited by her father for dinner. He came with a bunch of other friends and also with important people from surrounding schools. Sarey was happy that he agreed to her request to see Allan’s condition. As it wasn’t too far away, he could be done in half an hour, so he agreed to see him the next day.

Today, she came back to work as well. She had nothing much to do except this and her learning session provided by her teacher the next day. This night was a scheduled time that she would come with the doctor after work.

Zigmund was waiting for them for some time while he was working on his documents for a few minutes at a time. He loved to procrastinate a lot. He was retired from the military and enjoyed his spare time. No one really knew his actual age. Not even his daughter. Everyone just accepted their new owner at the restaurant, because he was better than the previous ones. Although he didn’t show himself very often, his daughter was hardworking and could really show some leadership, even at that young age. She was an excellent worker at such a restaurant. Businesses more than tripled in just a few years.

As he was contemplating unknown things, the main door opened up and Sarey showed up with a guest behind her. He was an older gentleman with a black vest and white clean trousers. He had a short, trimmed beard with a hat on his balding head.

“Good day to you, doctor Unoi.” Zigmund said as he walked from his office. He could see the main door entrance from the long hall from his office.

“Good day to you as well, mister Zigmund.” The doctor said with a slight bow.

“I came here at your daughter’s request, so I won’t spend much time here. Your business is well, as always, I hope.”

“Thank you. No need for an empty talk. Deal with our injured guest please.” Zigmund said with an apologetic face.
Doctor Unoi did not waste his time, so Sarey led him to the living room to see Allan’s condition.

“Oh, dear. That is rather a messed up boy.” He said truthfully, with just a single look,

“Yea… He was in a terrible state when we found him some days ago.” Sarey said in worry.

“Girl, you did an outstanding job with your treatment. Not like I would do better than you. It was at least in the fundamental external state, but since his condition was the same for the last day or two, no internal injuries should be potent for now. That, I guarantee.”

Sarey looked quite happy after hearing this.

Doctor Unoi continued with the check. He touched Allan’s body in various positions to see if the bones were in a good state or not and his general condition.

After some time, he got up and shook his head.

“His eyes are gone. There is no possible treatment if you are not immortal. Heheheh.” He jokingly said.

“There is not really anything wrong, apart from the abnormal healing factor of his body. He could wake up anytime soon. Although, there is hardly a way to find if there is something wrong with his head since I don't know what happened to him. So, if you find some problems with his condition, I urge you to find some more military doctors with different experiences. It is not my expertise.” Doctor Unoi said, without exaggerating his abilities. That was a sign of a good doctor.

“I am very thankful, doctor Unoi.” Sarey sincerely said.

“There is nothing else much I can do. I don’t know what happened to this boy. It is rather tragic for him to end like this.” Doctor Unoi felt some pity for Allan. Being a doctor who couldn’t always save his patients was something that was a part of his work, but it was always discouraging to feel like this.

“No need to be worried about it, doctor. I will see how bad his condition will be after he wakes up.” Sarey said in confidence. Sitting on a chair beside Allan and looking at him. Having professional help at least eased her worries a bit.

“Good luck then. I will take my leave. Goodbye.” Doctor Unoi left the living room. On his way to the main door, he was stopped by Zigmund.

“So? How did it go?” He asked.

“His condition is stabilized. I can’t see any problem with his body apart from his eyes.” Doctor Unoi truthfully said.

“Anything abnormal?”

“I guess if you include the fact that he was here for a few days. Sarey told me about his earlier conditions, and he healed abnormally fast. So his recovery was definitely a strange but positive one.”

“Alright then. Thank you for your time, doctor Unoi.”

“It is my pleasure to of a service.” Doctor Unoi smiled and left their home.

Back in the living room, Sarey had a slight smile on her face. It has been a while since someone complimented her like that.

“So? Are you a little calmer now?” Zigmund asked as he walked around the corner.

“You could say so.”

“We need to come to a conclusion.”

“What do you mean, father?”

“He was so messed up just a few days ago. How should you be calm? He is either a user of some technique which enables him to hide his energy or he has some valuable treasure.”

“And? I don’t really care about any of this. If he doesn’t show any resemblance of thankfulness, I will kick him into the forest myself. ”

“I want to see you do that. Heheh.” Zigmund said as he found it weird for her to say that.

“Hmph! Just wait and see.”


Like that, another night passed without a hitch. Today was a day when Sarey had no work planned. She calmly spends her morning and afternoon with calm expectations. She thought Allan would wake up any day. Although, it was impossible to confirm. She still believed that.
Unfortunately, her expectations were not met. She waited all day long until it was her time to leave the home.

“It is more important to me to attend to my teacher than spending time worrying about whenever he wakes up. How stupid of me.” Sarey thought about it. Her father was sitting in his office similar to Sarey in a rather tense situation that prevailed in their house. She did not know about her father’s worry, and Zigmund did not expect his daughter to be so similarly entranced by something.

It was around an hour before sunset. Sarey finally left her worries be. She would take them head-on tomorrow, or the day after that.

“Father? Hey? Are you listening?” She talked to sitting Zigmund. He was sitting with his feet resting on his office table. He had his eyes opened, but he did not hear his daughter the first time.

“Oh?! What is it?” He grunted.

“I am going to my teacher.”

“Now? It is so late already.” Zigmund asked as he looked from his window. Sun was already disappearing beyond the horizon.

“So what? You agreed to my irregular lessons.”

“I know. Take the horse at least.”

“It is fine. It will need some sleep, anyway.”

“It is your decision. Good luck then.” Zigmund said. He did not mind her doing this, since he accepted her willingness to learn. It was more of a two-way thing. Sarey helped her father and in return, she got occasional fun and freedom. Not like she was stuck at home all the time. Zigmund cared about her a lot, and letting her be was important as well. Considering his experience with her, he knew what she was capable of. No kidnapping would happen again, which he made sure of.

Without further small talk, Sarey got some books and a bag with some stuff. She then left through the main door. Walking towards the town.

Zigmund was kept sitting in his office. Glancing at a wall in unknown thoughts. He still did not get his elder brother’s answer and help.

Time moved on. Sun moved out of this world in a few following minutes.

With Sarey gone, Zigmund kept his posture for the majority of the night. Soon, he could hear a commotion from outside. Thuds and noise could be easily noticed within this otherwise serene night.

He got up and looked at the window. There was a standing hawk with spiked feathers around the head and a curved sharp beak. Its upper body was in brown gold color and black feathers were on its bottom body. It had very sharp and focused golden eyes. It was screeching the walls with fangs and poking the window with its beak.

“What kind of hawk is that bloody hell? Does he want to piss me off? It took longer than expected.” It surprised Zigmund to see it now. He probably should have asked for more information, but still, the hawk finally came.

Zigmund walked away from his home with a small wooden box he prepared beforehand. It was quite heavy, so he had to use both hands.

What came into his view was around a 1-and-a-half-meter tall hawk. It was adult-sized Gold feathered Sharphawk which was almost impossible to see in this world.

“Huh? Who sent you here? Heh. Who am I even asking.,.” Zigmund asked, expecting an answer which would never come.

Hawk just screeched and tossed a piece of letter from his leg.

“A letter?” Zigmund took and opened it after putting the box on the ground. A strip of cloth held a letter with a little flat medallion at the end that had a lion's head on it.

Written inside was just a brief message.

Brother, there were further complications, so I waited a little more. Give the materials to this hawk and keep the letter with you.
Expect an answer within a few days.

“Huh? Oh well. I can wait.” Zigmund tossed the box at the Gold Feathered Sharphawk. It screeched as the wings on its back were fully opened. It grabbed the box with both legs and a gust of wind blew as it flew away in a matter of few moments. The sudden power of the wind left Zigmund speechless and staggered a few steps.

“That is some impressive beast. I wonder if it’s my Elder Brother’s. Probably not.”

With this being done. Zigmund had his worry taken care of. He went directly to his bedroom to sleep without concerns.

In Allan’s room was a dimly lit blanket. At some point, hidden beneath it, was the still lingering light of the book. Forgotten by Sarey as she did not find it any interesting and no one else took a look or paid it any attention.


In a different kind of place, Sarey was walking through the hall in some building. There were slabs of stones as a floor and many smaller wooden pillars scattered across the hall. In a moment, she reached a door on the right side. Inside was a bright room with dancing flame torches around the walls. There were windows, bookshelves, a table, and padded chairs where was casually seated Triston who was reading some texts.

“Good night, mister Triston.” Sarey greeted him with a slight bow.

“Hello there Sarey. Just in time, I suppose.”

“Of course, your word is the rule. Isn’t it?”

“Not really. You can come in. I hope you are ready for your lesson.” Triston said, without changing his posture.

“Thank you.”

She walked around the room to one door, which was reclined towards the wall. It made it hard to spot, as there was no handle for the opening.

Pushing open the door, there was a sitting older man with crossed legs, a long black beard, and hair, which was not receding that much, considering his older appearance. There was just a stone wall with some symbols around and a few bookshelves. There was a slight radiant aura around this man. The light was glowing through his skin. He was someone who found his Spark and was on a path beyond mortal.

“Good day to you, Sarey. It has been a few days.” He said in an echoing voice.

“Greetings, teacher Terg.” Sarey deeply bowed as she greeted him.

“Past days, I have spent some time pondering some personal feelings, so I did not allow for your presence.”

“That is understandable.”

The light slowly retracted back. His body looked the same as a normal old man’s.

Sarey closed the door which led to this room.

Triston just kept reading calmly, doing nothing else.

0