Chapter 37: Figurine
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed away. Sarey spent around 2 and a half hours in the room, while learning whatever Terg chose to teach her. Before Triston knew it, the door opened once more and Sarey walked to him.

“I will be going now. See you later.” Sarey said, sounding tired.

“How is it? Are you regretting your decision to force my master?”

“Not at all.” She answered as she yawned. It was already way past her sleeping time.

“Master Terg is a very easy-going person. He will be patient.”

“Not like it matters, though. I am rather sleepy, so goodbye.”

“Hehehe. Goodnight.” Triston just laughed.

She took her bag and stuff onto her and walked from the door back as the hall appeared behind the door. Outside, the night was in full moons. Silence prevailed in the streets as Sarey made her way to a dark path in a direction of home.
She walked like a zombie. Her eyes were constantly falling, but she was successful in remaining awake. The sight of a familiar road appeared, and she was soon around the corner of her home.

“Finally, today was rather exhausting, although I did nothing much productive. The teacher is such a jokester.”
She pushed the door handle and walked to her home. She then stored her bag in her room and decided to check Allan’s condition first.

“Hello there, boy. Still sleeping, I guess. I wish for some sleep too, right now.” She helplessly sighed and went around the table. She noticed the slightly bloodied blanket halfway under the table.

“Blood? From where?”
There were small stretched marks around the part of Allan's skin, which was bound with rope. Blood was dripping from a few little bruises and cuts around it.

“You?! Still having some nightmares or other problems? I should have used some cloth rope or something, I guess.” She complained and cleaned his wounds quickly, so no blood stayed there. It was just a scratch.

After being finished in a few moments, she grabbed the blanket as well. She did not notice the initial glow, as she was too tired to care. But then, the sudden glow which illuminated the room from the book woke her up a little. There were not a lot of things on her mind. Mostly just sleep.

“What… Not now…” She complained.

Grabbing the source of the light, the cause instantly surprised her.

“This book? That is that one from before. I completely forgot about it. Why is it glowing? She involuntarily opened it. Inside were dimly lit pages with a full-blown sun-like glow coming from every corner of the cover and the first few pages. She noticed walls of very small texts on a few pages. There were also some illustrations, but they were too hard to discern with the naked eye. After some trying to decipher the words, she came to a conclusion that was not something she could read. No words were recognizable to her.

“It just further confirms it… This is just some garbage book. Hmph! No point in it at all, but why this glow? It is coming from its leather cover and a few pages with those texts. What's the point in such small texts?” Sarey wasn’t sure what it could mean.

Glowing did not stop as time went on.

“Is it something sort of material that glows in the dark?” She thought. It would make some sense. Although, it was a wrong assumption.
She checked out everything she could, but there was nothing there.

“It looks quite useless apart from that glow. Whatever, I will go to sleep.”
This could not bother her at the moment. Tossing it on the chair, she walked away to her room and tossed herself into the warmth of the bed.

A brown leather-covered book was left glowing with the surroundings around Allan. Drops from Allan’s blood on it slowly disappeared within.

In a few moments, the glow intensified, and a little, glowing sphere appeared above it. It stretched to around a meter with the appearance of a flat glowing vortex. This was a space portal.

Something gradually appeared from it. Wood and some leather poles went through the portal.

In just a bit, with a thud, a wooden figurine fell to the ground. It resembled a combat figurine that is used in military, martial art schools, and means where the practice is used for the check of moves in a distinct way and posture.

It landed right before Allan. Unmoving. It had 6 kinds of limbs with a head and a wooden barrel body. Leather was covered in many parts where there were landing positions for punches and strikes. There was a universal usage for such things. Different kinds of materials were used for different opportunities. Be it weapons, hand-to-hand combat, kicks, and general practice with oneself and a lifeless figurine. There was nothing except pieces of leather around it and cloth with weird-looking symbols around its smooth face.

Brightness moved away as the figurine descended. There was now nothing weird within this room. Only a lifeless wooden figurine stared toward the bedridden Allan. It would be hard to say what Sarey would think if she waited a few more minutes. She was already mindlessly sleeping after what seemed like a calm day.

The night went at a fast pace. No one noticed the sudden arrival of something extraordinary. Time moved on and morning came as the sun crawled back from the horizon. Sudden light which caused Sarey to wake up from her sleep made her think about last night’s book. She couldn’t help but not be able to sleep for a significant period of time. Just around 5 hours was the bare minimum of what she would get in these situations, where her teacher was available for her small lessons, before continuing with work for her father.

Triston was just a medium and someone who introduced her to her master. She found it very interesting and fortunate to be able to learn about the world from someone who found his Spark. It is fair to say that not everybody is able to find it in their lifetimes. Those who did are people with talent, destiny, resources, and other factors.

Most of these were hard to find within mortal means, but within the many worlds, there are occasionally talented mortals who are incredible and up to the standards of the world beyond them.

Sarey could learn about many things since she came to know someone like that. Although, the teacher Terg said that knowing a lot is not always beneficial. He did not tell her much regarding his life or knowledge of energy. Sarey knew just a few bits and pieces since her pursuing and asking certain questions led her teacher to talk in a carefree manner.

Since little, she found it rather fascinating, but later on, she became more cautious about getting near it at all. She thought that her time was not up and her father was rather reluctant for her to be worried about that world. Zigmund wanted the best for her. It was unfortunate that it was probably not her destiny to hide away from it.

Zigmund always thought his daughter was special in some weird way. It was more prone to his own experiences of things he had met in the military. She was even tested by someone from one school of martial artists who had a history of energy users after the persuasion of Zigmund. There was nothing extraordinary about her at all after some tests.

Zigmund was both glad and disappointed by it, as did not know how he should have felt. There was no right or wrong since Sarey would remain his daughter, no matter what.

Seeing nothing about this state of wandering within her bed, she decided to get up and do something, rather than spend useless time in bed. Her hair blazed within the daylight rays of this delightful morning. She changed into her regular clothes and walked from her room.
Noticing that her father was still sleeping, she made breakfast for herself. Bread with butter, and some apple with apple juice aside. After preparing and finishing the meal in a few minutes. She walked to the living room and stopped in disbelief. There was a towering wooden figurine sitting in the living room in front of Allan.

“What is happening? After that, boy... life is weirder and weirder.” She froze just for a moment before reclaiming her thoughts. She walked toward Allan and looked at the sudden thing that appeared out of nowhere.

“Where in the world do you come from?” She asked out loud, yet no answer came back.

She then glanced sideways at Allan. This could be said to him as well.

She then took a seat and observed it for a while. It looked quite normal, but after touching it; she found it very cold and sturdy. It was at least 2 meters tall. That was an abnormal size for this kind of asset. Juniors and younger disciples who weren’t that tall or proficient in martial arts used it on a daily basis. Of course, there could always be some exceptions, but that was out of the question within this room.
Seeing no reaction. She just glanced at it as she looked at the useless book she left yesterday. If there is something abnormal, it is probably caused by it.

“What are you looking at, girl?” Suddenly, a foreign voice asked in an unknown, old-sounding language. Sarey jumped up in fright before calming down for a moment.

“Who is talking here?” She looked around her and jumped up.

“You don’t seem to know the Baretti language, girl. What world you are in right now?” Voice changed to the language Sarey understood and talked with earlier.

“Huh? You?” She took a weird look at the figurine.

”Did you just talk?”

“Of course, I talked, for the demon’s sake. WHAT kind of fucked up situations did I get myself into?” Voice angrily shouted at Sarey as if it was her fault.

She stared at the talking figurine in a speechless manner.

“What? Do you have anything to add? To say?”Voice was sounding miserable the further it spoke.

“I don’t mean to disrespect you. Please calm down.” She said as she sat down once more.

“Girl... This... I can’t help it. This fate of mine... I will die for sure, I believe.”

“Are you even a living being?” Sarey casually asked.

“OF course, I am. For some reason, I can’t move my body. What am I looking like?”

“You... are a wooden figurine. One that is used for martial art practice and military training. Although, one of the higher quality ones, I guess.”

“Really? So that is what it meant...” Voice helplessly said.

“So this is the ending and finale of my life? How stupid. I should have killed my soul when I had a choice.”
“But you would die full of worries. Wait, are you even alive? Who are you?” Sarey asked in curiosity. She did not feel any incoming danger from this ’’person’’.

“Uhhhh… this is troublesome. Wait, how can I talk to you?” Voice wondered.

“What? Are you seriously asking me?” Sarey asked.

“I should have not been able to talk outside of the contracted person. Who are you, girl? I can feel the connection through that crippled boy in front of me.”

“My name is Sarey, and this boy is not crippled!”

“What do you know? You are just a mortal brat like that boy. You know nothing!”

“How rude!” Sarey unhappily said with crossed arms.

0