Chapter 40: Waking up the sleeping boy
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sarey fell speechless upon seeing the mysterious light. It quickly formed into a flat portal and a wooden figurine fell from it before Allan.

“Wow! I did not expect to be it like that. Unbelievable.” Sarey was thrilled that it worked in the end. She was a few moments away from walking away. It would be a kind of funny to come again and see a wooden figurine standing there once more. This time, she has seen everything with her own eyes.

“Hello, mister 36.”

“Damn girl! You are a piece of work…”

“You can call me Sarey. I have a name, you know.”

“Whatever. What happened in these amount of days?”

“Days? I just talked with you this morning.”

“What? Ohhh... I see. It seems time is getting twisted in my prison even when I am not imprisoned away. Don’t mind it. Do you have what I tasked you with?” 36 asked. He sounded less reluctant than before. Perhaps he already accepted his fate.

“Yes. I got some set of high-quality needles.” Sarey said and then placed a wooden box in front of 36.

“Good. I hope its quality will be sufficient.”

“It was rather expensive... Just so you know.” Sarey said unhappily.

“Heheheheh. Expensive? You know nothing about it.“ 36 laughed at her.

“Hmph. Price is a price. No matter where. How can this help you, anyway?”

“There are a lot of ways to do it. Unfortunately, the main issue is that boy. He needs to wake up. I can’t check his condition at all for now. You have to make everything by yourself according to my instructions.”

“Alright. What is it then?”

“Huh…” 36 sighed.

“You will need to act according to this initial chapter of this manual. Paper pages abruptly appeared from the figurine’s body. Sarey took it in her hand and scrolled through it.

“You know I can’t understand this language. What does it mean?” Sarey looked at 36 as if she was looking at the idiot.

“I forgot. You can act according to illustrations. I can tell you the rest.”

“Fine.” Sarey turned it down, and waves of pictures of the human body were painted there with significant details on different pages. There were arm, legs, head, back, and spine diagrams of what appeared to be formations with points scattered throughout the illustrations.

“So? I will be using those acupoints needless to stab into his body?”

“Yes. There are places in the human body where are important points, blood, and other sources of importance. It is a very complicated and boring subject, so I won’t bother to explain it to you. There should be a picture around the back area of humans. Around the spine and shoulders. That is the one what you will do.”

“This? Sarey showed it to 36. There was a picture of a human torso with points scattered around the back.”

“Yes. Stab the needles, according to the pictures. I will be watching you and tell you if they are correct.”

“Alright agreed, although with some doubts within her mind. She knew what a basics of acupoint are, but nothing much else was known about them.” Sarey opened the wooden box and took its content beside Allan. She turned him around with great difficulty. His body was now mostly uninjured. But she was not sure about the potential bone issues or some other things.

“Phew. Alright then.” She took a pair of very thin-looking needles and scroll to her other hand. She then sits on his back to see the closest positions, according to the book’s illustrations.

“36, can there be some problems if I stab them wrongly?” She asked with worry.

“Not if you will be so close. I can’t see much. Get the table a little closer or move me to the other side of the table.”

“How do you see anyway?” Sarey innocently asked as she changed the position of the table. Bothering with 36’s big body was not something she wanted to deal with.

“Can you see better now?”

“Enough. Go on.”

She mounted his back again and pressed her hand with the needle and head closer to the first position. It was around the shoulder area between bones.

“Good. Now press it downwards for about 3 centimeters.”

“That is rather long.”

“It is fine. Do it.” 36 insisted.

Sarey gritted her teeth and pressed it down. It went rather smoothly into Allan’s body. His back was considerably muscular for his age. She did not find it weird as she saw a lot of hunters, young and old, throughout her experience in this region.

“Nicely done. Now do all of them like that according to the positions within that page.”

“All? Ugh... Fine. I hope you know what you are talking about.”

“Stop complaining too much.” 36 said with a harsh voice.

Sarey went for another one with more confidence than before. It was on another side of the shoulder. In a few minutes and total silence. Sarey left in Allan’s body a few dozens of needles. They were pointing around his back like a porcupine.

“You are better at this than I expected.” Said 36, after being silent for a few moments. He was carefully observing her, and she did not make many errors. She even worked faster than ordinary doctors, although with visible shaking and sweat on her forehead.

“I think it is done. What is next?” Sarey said enthusiastically.

“I think that is all. Now you can just wait.”

“Wait? For what? What did it even do?”

“It is all written there. Ugh... I will teach you this language next time if everything will go without a problem.”

“Language? Alright then.” Sarey said without many thoughts. Her hands were rather strained after stabbing carefully so many needles.

“What you just did was the acupoint technique to stimulate his spine structure. It should help with his recovery.” 36 in truth, hid some information from her since it would be bothersome to get it all out for her to know. But the fact is, this acupoint treatment would be tremendously effective. That is at least what he found after a long time of pondering within the books and materials he was given.

“If you don’t need anything else, I would rather leave for now.”

“Wait. I have a few questions for you.” Sarey said in a hurry.

“Ask.” 36 calmly said.

“Are you from another star? Outside of this world?”

“Heh. You could say so.” 36 found this question rather funny.

“What is that book? I think it used that boy’s blood for your summoning, or however you called that.”

“Really? I think that is possible. I don’t know too many details.”

“How mysterious...” Sarey muttered.

“Girl. You are truly mysterious.” 36 though to himself.

Sarey went silent for a few moments. She was worried about some other questions that were on her mind, but could not find them.

“If you don’t have anything, then it’s over. Wasting time is not something I can afford right now.”

“How long do you have? Is it like a limit per day?”

“I think it is about an hour or two per your day.” 36 said. He deduced that much, but he wasn’t sure if that was the case. His time should go on as he was outside, according to the wishes of the summoner. He had no real say in anything. It frustrated him greatly.

“If you are a prisoner of that book. Then how did you get out?”

“Because I am an idiot who wants to live. The choice was death or mission to teach someone who was chosen.”

“Are you a bad person, 36?” Sarey asked in a serious manner. Her initial naive gaze was gone.

“Heheheh. Yes. Oh yes, I am.” 36 said in mockery.

“Will you continue to be a bad person once you regain your freedom?”

“You ask too many useless questions.” Said 36 in irritation. Seeing that he was getting angry, Sarey rather distanced herself from him and didn’t ask more.

“Ugh... this is gonna be so annoying. I hope this boy will have some courage at least. Some poor bastard without a shred of dignity is not my style.” 36 wondered.

Sarey was standing by a window and watching subsequent details on the pages from earlier.

“Hey girl!” 36 shouted.

“What do you want?” Sarey replied with an unbothered tone while still glancing at the pages.

“I don’t know how to leave.”

“Hehehe.That is too bad, I suppose.”Sarey laughed sarcastically.

“Don’t be so petty. There should be some way to do this. Like the last time.”

“Don’t waste my time too, 36.” Sarey suddenly heard approaching steps from the hall. Zigmund was on a way to the living room. His study and kitchen were a long way from this, so no discussion she had with 36 could be possibly heard all the way there.

“Oh... Should I tell him about this?” Sarey was in a dilemma.

“No. No way.” She run into the hall and just as she was about to.

“Hey girl!” 36 shouted in annoyance. He did not like to be ignored.

“Then leave yourself if you want. I couldn’t care less.” Sarey barked at him as she disappeared around the corner.

Vortex glowed from the book. It sucked the figurine in a matter of moments.

“Hey! Ugh! What!?” 36 felt helpless in his position before he was gone like he suddenly appeared.

In the hall, Sarey faced her father, who was wearing his working clothes.

“What are you running for?” Zigmund asked.

“Ahhh. Nothing. What is going on? Are you going out to work?” Sarey leaned her hand on a wall as she found something to say.

“I told you already. Did something happen? You seem suspicious.”

“Nothing. nothing really.”

“Let me see myself.” Zigmund did not give her any chances. He moved towards the living room as Sarey was unable to physically stop him.
He looked surprised inside. Seeing Allan’s back full of needles and mess around.

“What in the sun are you doing to him?” Zigmund asked as he walked to take a closer look.

Sarey was carefully glancing around, but she did not find any figurine anywhere. It was impossible to conceal him. A nearly 2 meters tall thing was not something she could hide.

“Hmmm. Just something I learned about. I think it could help him.” She quickly found a good enough excuse to tell. Since 36 is gone, then there is nothing much to this at all. It would just make things complicated for her.

“Where did you learn it from? Is it even something safe? It is true that I know little about medicine, but there is a limit to everything.” Zigmund said with a stern expression.

“I had a scroll. It should be safe.”

“Then where is it?”

Sarey looked around. She did not see it anywhere. It probably disappeared like 36.

“You already have done it, so no excuses are needed. He is your responsibility, after all.”

“I understand, father. It is going to be fine.” Sarey said apologetically.

“It’s good, as long as you understand it. I will be going now, so take care of the house.” Zigmund took a last glance at his daughter before leaving around the corner.

Sarey was left stunned by Allan.

“Fortune within the misfortune. At least it is fine. How did he even leave?” Sarey wondered. She slowly returned to her calm self and looked calmly at Allan in wonder.

Maybe this was a mistake, but it had already been done, and she could never find out if it was, or not.

0