Chapter 41: Choices and truth
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sarey was left alone. She did not know what kind of effect this acupoint needle treatment has. From 36’s words, it involved some knowledge she was not familiar with. From the illustrations, there was a whole human body with points scattered throughout the insides. There were sections and levels to each of them.

36 decided to take a risk on certain problems, and not think further with Sarey's help. This kind of thing was not really doable for regular people, but the choice had to be made by him.

There could be some issues, but he hardly cared about that. It was not a time to care about the mortal boy.

She sighed in helplessness. There was only awaiting what she could do at the moment.

“If I can learn the language from this book, that would be rather interesting.” She muttered as she turned pages from the brown leather book. The text was so tiny. It was handwritten with great precision and patience.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Knocking sounds could be heard from the outside.

“What? It is so early for the father. He shouldn’t be back.” Sarey closes the book and tossed it on the table. Turning around a corner, she followed through the sounds of knocking to the office of her father.

Glancing inside, she has seen nothing weird.

“Where is it coming from?” She looked at the window and froze. A big hawk-like beast was poking through the window impatiently.

“What kind of beast is that?” Sarey backed as she found it rather ferocious. It could easily eat her up just from the base face of that beast.

“What in the world a happening? Nothing is normal after that boy’s discovery.” She did not notice the 3 lion-headed emblem Zigmund forgot behind on the table, while the hawk was eying it with its gaze. She left and decided to look in another direction to see if it was alone or not, and poked her head around a corner outside.

“It’s tall as me? Perhaps even bigger. What is it doing here? Huh? It has a box around its leg and some paper. Is it some kind of messenger? Who uses a beast like this for that?” Sarey was speechless.

“Father? No way...”

Sarey then picked up her courage and walked towards it.

“Hello, big bird. What is it? I think you have the wrong place to be in?”

It screeched at her in a wild manner and caused her to back off once more.

“Hey!? Don’t be angry.” She shouted and run inside just to be safe.

“Whatever. Father will have to deal with it once he is back.”

Time moved on. A few hours of continuous knocking made it very annoying for her to relax. Sarey was getting rather fed up with this hawk.

“Shut up already...” She helplessly shouted at the window in Zigmund’s office. Directly at the face of the unbothered hawk.

Hawk was just staring at her with its piercing gaze. It was already quite past lunchtime when Zigmund finally came back.
As he was walking towards his home, he could see a big hawk staring at him by a side of the home. His office window had quite a lot of scratches.

“Damn bird!? How come you are so damn early?” He shouted at it with annoyance. He walked forward to it, but it was still screeching at him.

“Right... That emblem. How could I forget?” Zigmund hurried inside. He noticed his daughter, who looked rather upset. He couldn’t help but curse himself and grabbed the emblem and walked toward the hawk once more.

It let go of the box and paper with the sight of him and the emblem. It spread its beautiful wings nearly 5 meters wide. A gust of wind blew up as it disappeared upwards. Zigmund’s disheveled image slowly moved from the dust.

“Damn. Did it leave like this? I hope the elder brother’s decision is enough.” He patted his clothes before walking inside after retrieving the box and the letter.

Sarey was eyeing him with her stare.

“What? Have you never seen a messenger?” Zigmund asked nonchalantly.

“Not like that one. What is it? It was annoying me for the whole day.”

“Some of my business.” He shrugged off her behaviors and got into his office. He closed the door tightly and firstly checked the letter which had a simple short message.

Call me. Zigmund.

He put the box on the table and took a 3 lion-headed emblem into his hands.

“I summon you! You fucker.” He muttered and waited for a good while. Much longer than the last time.
Middle lion’s head changed, and a voice spoke within it with the illuminating light which remained in the room.

“Bloody hell, Zigmund! You can decide the best time.”

“Hello, elder brother. What happened? I did not expect you at this hour.”

“I had some more important issues. Your problem simply got delayed. I could be done with you in a matter of hours if I had to” Voice sounded a little upset.

“You don’t have to be an angry elder brother. I just asked. Can you tell me what you found out?”

“Found out? Heh! Where do I even begin? You have no clue what you found, but you sent me something like that in these trying times. Are you completely clueless or simply have no idea?”

“What do you mean? I swear as a brother of war that I do not know what is it.” Zigmund said agitatedly.

“I don’t know if I can trust you fully. Bear with it. Since I don’t want to lose my life. These things you sent me are valuable beyond measure. How in the bloody world did you get them? Did they fall from the skies themselves, or an immortal blessed your planet?”

Zigmund fell silent. He did not know what to say. It went beyond his expectations.

“You don’t have to tell me... I fear that I don’t even know anymore.”

“Then what is it? Some incredible alloy? Material for something?” Zigmund asked.

“It is from the central region of the universe. You don’t need to know more. Just that it is still very rare and hard to get even there.”

“What? What am I supposed to do with it?”

“Hide it... Far beyond any means. Some greedy beings would destroy your insignificant planet if it was in enough quantity. Just these few pebbles are still precious and could be used for some swords or small blades. Add other things and its value is more than you can imagine.”

“I get it. I get it. Slow down, elder brother.”

“YOU don’t get it. This is useless to you, but the world I got myself into is something that would go into mortal or immortal wars over something like this. Not to the extent within the central universe, but clans or sects alike would be eradicated from the planets over these disputes. Me included. I have no position to help you with any of this. Hide it. That is the simplest solution.”

“What is a harder one?” Zigmund asked after some pondering.

“I can ask some people who would try to sell it, but it is so incredibly risky I wouldn’t dare to even try it.”

“I see. Thank you for your help. I hope it won’t endanger your life.”

“I was cautious. Don’t contact me for the time being. I may contact you if it will be important, but as things go, time will become an issue. As for this discussion. I surely hope you will do what is best on your mind.”

“Do you trust me?” Asked Zigmund.

“Do you trust me as well? This is beyond me or you. Wait, not even you or I can do something.”

They both paused for a minute.

“I am sorry, Zigmund. My life is more important than anything else. I won’t fucking end myself over something like this. Being careful about yourself is one of the most important sayings I learned about up here.”

“I never asked you to put yourself in danger in my place. I simply wanted to know more about things I found. That is all. I will make sure no soul or eye will ever find it.”

“Where did you find it? Were there some other things you left out?”

“Yes. I won’t tell you more. Let the world forget about this.”

“Good. It is for the best of us.”

“Although, brother. I am in a dilemma, but it concerns my daughter, so I will tell you.” Zigmund sounded quite unsure, but he held a deep trust in this man, what he called an Elder Brother.

“What is it?”

“There was a boy we found. He was carrying it with him when we found him in a bloody state. He was basically dead, but he somewhat

recovered.”

“Boy? How old? He may have some unordinary powers or could be straight-up a cultivator. What about the extent of his injuries?”

“Uhh... Zigmund paused for a moment. He did not know if what he was doing was right, but it was also for his daughter, so he decided to tell as much as he could.”

“Lots of cuts, bruises, broken bones in all limbs. His eyes were destroyed from his sockets. I can’t tell much about internal injuries, but they are probably fine. He looks healthy, but he is unconscious ever since we found him.”

“I see. He is probably not an energy user, but he is probably not different from one. There are some treasures or artifacts that can help mortals achieve a similar state. Or, it could be a cause of other techniques. There is much more than even I don’t fully understand. The best advice I can tell you is to observe him carefully once he wakes up.”

“So there is a possibility that he is someone from beyond?”

“If he had these materials with him, there is no other way. You can kill him if you find him dangerous or help him if you find him generous. That is up to you, brother.”

“Thank you for your advice, elder brother.”

“I also left some present for your daughter. If she is like you, she will like it. Hehehe. I will hear from you later. Goodbye Zigmund. I hope you will go by my advice. Better be safe than sorry.”

“I will.”

Emblem ended its display and came back to its normal state. Zigmund fell silent in his chair. He contemplated what he just learned and its implications. This...sounded like trouble.

“it is that valuable? Just for these pebbles. There is so much more over there. I will be dead in no time if someone finds them. I guess it all comes down to whatever will that boy say after he wakes up.”

His decision was simply to wait it out and hope for the best. If worse were to come, he could always flee with his daughter far away. Even if he is rather reluctant to do so, fleeting this planet was not something he could afford, but he knew a thing or two about it. He could forget the incalculable treasure hidden in his forest, as its source could come back for it if it was truly stolen.

“No, if anyone comes back to that treasure. The best way is for them to get it back. No need to be unreasonable, but... what sort of person would even have things like that? Not an unreasonable one, hopefully.”

0