Rewards and Emma
4.3k 8 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"System, show me descriptions of the items I was rewarded."

[Ship Building & Upgrade Dock- Can change an already existing dock into the Ship Building & Upgrade Dock. Or be placed on the shore to create it. When given materials, it can automatically build or upgrade ships.

Treasure Locator- Scans up to a 1km radius for valuable minerals and metals. If it finds treasures, it will pin the treasure's location on its 3D holographic map. It can be used once every three hours.]

I will have to wait to use the Ship Building & Upgrade Dock because I do not have the money to buy the property that I would need to set it up. I plan to use the money I get from this month's profits to buy another ship and a fast boat for treasure hunting. If I am lucky and find some treasure, I will be able to use the Ship Building & Upgrade Dock.

I need to find some to help me with my business so I can focus on other things. I don't know anyone I can trust to manage it yet. I should start looking soon.

Switching over to my main body, I see a red-haired little girl looking at me. Ever since I started cultivating, I no longer have a problem seeing. Upon taking a closer look, I see she resembles my mother quite a bit. I then recall my mother telling me that I have an older sister named Rose. This is the first time I have been awake in my main body to see her. I usually am only in my main body at night when she would be asleep.

"Mama, why can't I hear anything from him," Rose asks curiously.

"Because, honey, he takes after papa," my mother says in a solemn tone.

"Wow, so just like how I am like mama, he is like papa," Rose says excitedly. "Can I hold him, mama?"

"Okay, but be sure not to drop him."

I never had a sister in my old life, so being held by her felt strange but, I still enjoyed it.

Switching back to the avatar, I have them start going back to shore. While heading back, I buy a Remote Inventory Outlet Talisman and a book on how to make both the outlet and inlet talismans, costing 1,000 and 3,000 GSP respectively. I bought the knowledge on how to make the talismans because I know I will be using a lot of them in the future and if I had to keep buying them it would be too expensive. I go down to the storge and put the Remote Inventory Outlet Talisman on top of the storage, so when the fish came out of the inventory, it would fill the whole thing.

The main difference between the inlet and outlet talismans, other than the obvious one, is that I need to actively let things out or someone needs to press the switch that came with the talisman. I give the switch to Jim and tell him to press it only when offloading fish.

Arriving at the shore, Jim walks over to me and starts talking.

"Boss, I have a few contacts with local hotels and restaurants. If you want I can get in touch with them and sell the fish to them for a decent price by the end of today," Jim suggests.

"Alright, go ahead and do that. If the deal goes through, I will give you a rise and a 1,000 dollar bonus," I tell Jim, feeling happy about his show of initiative.

"I won't let you down sir," Jim says resolutely then walks away.

Getting off the ship, I travel to Mason Shipyard to obtain a fast boat for treasure hunting and see if Hal knew where I can buy some diving equipment.

Right before I am about to at the shipyard, I get a notification from the system.

[Side Mission: Help the lost little girl.
Mission Objective: Help the girl find her family.
Reward: 5 Tier One lottery tickets, 100 GSP
Punishment: None]

I look around and see a little girl on a bench sobbing. I walk up to her and ask her, "Do you need any help little girl, are you lost?"

"I... I was chasing a butterfly and... and then I didn't know where I was. And now I don't know how to get back to daddy," the little girl says while still crying.

"I will help you find your daddy. Now, cheer up, we will look together. My name is Ash, what is your name?" I ask, trying to calm her down.

"My name is Emma. Will you really help me find my daddy," Emma asks while wiping her tears away.

"Of course I'll help you. Do you know your dad's name or where he works," I ask her to get an idea of where to start looking.

"Thanks, mister. My daddy's name is Hal. He works at a place with lots of boats. Daddy told me I am not sposed to go anywhere with strangers, but you are helping me, so I'm sure it's alright," Emma states with a smile.

"Hal, as in Hal Mason," I ask, thinking she may be the daughter of the Hal I know.

"Yeap, do you know my daddy, mister," Emma questions curiously.

"I think I do, do you have a sister named Emily?"

"Wow, you even know Emy. So does that mean you really know where daddy is?"

"Come on, grab my hand, I will take you there it is just a few blocks away." As I reach out to grab her hand, I see little spheres of ice below her but, it is not cold enough to freeze anything. "What are those," I inquire, pointing at the little ice orbs.

"Those, they happen every time I'm sad," Emma says before putting her hands over her mouth.

"Oh, were you not supposed to tell me that," I ask, as I see her begin to tear up.

"Da... *sniff*ddy said I'm not supposed to tell an... anyone or they might take me away. He is going to be angry at m... me," Emma states while sobbing.

"It's alright, how about I forget you ever said anything about it," I say to try and make her feel better.

"Really," Emma asks.

"Yes, really, now let's go to the shipyard to find your dad."

54