Searching for Treasure
3.7k 10 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finished everything I needed to do so, I get on my boat and start sailing out to open water. When I get about a mile away from the shore, I drink the Mana Awakening Potion. I feel a cooling sensation through my whole body then I hear a system announcement.

 

[Unlocked Mana stat.]

 

"System, show me my stats again."

 

[Status- 

Name: Ash Davis Level:1 Species: Human(Avatar)

HP:131 MP:86

Str:9.6(13.3)   Agi:9.3(13) Con:9.4(13.1)

Int:8.6 Wis:7.9 Per:9.8(13.5)

Dex:9.3(13) Luck:6 Chr:7.4]

 

It would seem I need to work on my mental stats as they are falling behind, but it looks like I will get every stat to have a base of 10 by the end of the week.

 

"System, does my main body have to get stronger to unlock more power slots?"

 

[Yes.]

 

"Okay, show me the stats for my main body."

 

[Status- 

Name: Ash Davis    Level:1 Species: Human

HP:111    MP:0

Str:7.6(11.3)   Agi:7.2(10.9) Con:7.4(11.1)

Int:8.6    Wis:7.9 Per:8.8(12.5)

Dex:7.4(11.1) Luck:6 Chr:7.7]

 

My main body is quite a bit weaker than my avatar, but it can't be helped the effects of cultivation are weaker indoors. I will have to awaken my main and train extra hard to catch up.

 

...

 

After a few days of finding nothing, I went back to see how things are doing with Jim. He was handling business well and, he even found more people to sell the fish to. I promoted him to a business manager but told him he had to find and train a replacement before he leaves the crew. I also make sure to remind him how important the switch I gave him is, so when he gives the switch off to his replacement, he will tell them as well.

 

...

 

Following a week of using the Treasure Locator and finding nothing, I have been constantly cultivation as I had very little else I could do. I was about to condense my first sun and breakthrough to the first stage of my cultivation, Ki Condensing. As I broke through, I hear a notification from the system

 

[Secret Mission: First steps as a cultivator. Complete

Mission Objective: Enter the first stage of cultivation

Reward: Thousand Tempering Body Cultivation Art, Organ Strengthing Pill]

 

"I feel so much stronger after breaking through to Ki Condensing, plus I got a body cultivation art for doing it. System, what are my stats now?"

 

[Status- 

Name: Ash Davis    Level:1 Species: Human(Avatar)

HP:221    MP:86

Str:22(22.1)   Agi:21(21.1) Con:22(22.1)

Int:9.4    Wis:8.9 Per:21.3(21.4)

Dex:22(22.1) Luck:6 Chr:7.8]

 

"Wow, that is a huge jump in stats, I might want to hold off on physical training until my mental stats catch up," I say out loud to myself.

 

After viewing my stats, I eat the Organ Strengthing Pill as it was pretty straight forward. Then, I use the Thousand Tempering Body Cultivation Art. The knowledge flows into me. The Thousand Tempering Body Cultivation Art works by pushing the body beyond its limits through various forms of strain. Whether it be extream temperatures, insane pressures, or plain old damage from getting hurt, as long as you survive it and have enough nutrition and ki, it will make you stronger. The main principle, in fact, is what does not kill you makes you stronger. Though I was happy to get the art, I was not looking forward to practicing it. I mean, who would look forward to being hurt.

 

Subsequently, to digesting the knowledge of the Thousand Tempering Body Cultivation art, I used the Treasure Locator again and it made a ding noise. It had finally found something after a stale week of nothing, I finally found a treasure.

 

I set down the anchor and dive under the water. With my new stats, I could easily hold my breath for 20 minutes. Swimming down to the marked location, I see a boat covered in algae. Searching through the ship, I find a few pieces of jewelry and a locked chest. I put them into the inventory and swim back up to my boat.

 

Getting on my boat, I take the locked chest out of my inventory and break it open. Inside the chest, I find a bunch of gems and gold coins. I look underneath the coins and, I discover a brilliant diamond the size of my thumb. The diamond has to be at least be 50 carats, making it worth millions if sold at auction. I wipe it off before placing it into the inventory.

 

I make a few more trips down to the ship, finding some more jewelry and a box of silver coins. When I was certain I got everything from the inside of the ship, I start to search on the outside of the ship. I don't see anything of value, so I checked the Treasure Locator map and, it was stopped blinking. I had gotten all of the valuables from the ship.

 

I planned to keep the gold and silver for the time being as they would become worth more in the future. I planed to auction off the diamond so I can buy the land I need for the Ship Building & Upgrade Dock.

 

Getting back aboard my boat, I get a notification from the system.

 

[Hero Mission: Stop the smugglers

Mission Objective: Neutralize the smugglers, save the people that they have captive, then notify law enforcement.

Reward: 100 exp, 10 Tier One lottery tickets, Power Upgrade Token

Punishment: Avatar can not be used for a week, -20 exp]

51