One Problem Solved
2.9k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Searching.....]

[Evaluating......]

[Found best viable solutions to the problem.]

[Talismans of Shared Vision- A pair of talismans that enable you to use one talisman to see and hear the surroundings of another. Costs 5,500 GSP.
Quantum Micro Recorder and Receiver- A paired micro recorder and receiver that lets you hear sound from the recorder over any distance, using quantum entanglement. Costs 2,000 GSP.
Split Mind- Skill- Grants the user the ability to split a portion of their mind to do other tasks. When the minds rejoin, so will the memories. Warning: The process of splitting your mind the first time will be extremely painful. Your intelligence and wisdom stats will be reduced in proportion to how much you have split your mind. As an example, a 10% mind split means a 10% reduction in intelligence and wisdom. Costs 20,000 GSP.]

[Split Mind is the optimum solution, but it is also the most expensive.]

"Hum, true, Split Mind is the best solution. The second best option is the Talismans of Shared Vision, but that would still require me to constantly check up on it. Can you tell me how Split Mind works precisely," I inquire, wanting to make sure there are no unexpected side effects?

[When you split your mind, you split apart of yourself off. The split mind will have all your memories and personality, but will only possess intelligence and wisdom proportion to how much you split off. Meaning even though he has your memory, he would not be able to think of solutions to problems as fast or well as you would.

But, as you have both the Enhanced Processing and Eidetic Memory power, the split mind could regain the lost intelligence in as little as a day or month depending on your other mind's decisions. It becomes very unpredictable when multiple powers and skills come together.

Also, how the split mind will act is will depend on how much intelligence and wisdom it has. For example, if the split mind has low Int and Wis, then it would mostly act like a toddler or baby.]

"Great, this skill is amazing! It like a lesser version of a hive mind. How long can the minds be split apart or is there a limit," I ask eagerly?

[As long as the minds are in the same body there is no limit, but if it not in the same body, there is a limit. Within a day, you will start to feel a slight yearning to recombine, after a week, you will feel a strong need to recombine, and after a month, the need would be so strong that you can't think of anything else.]

"So the limit is my will power then," I ask?

[Theoretically, yes. But, it would feel as if you are starving, and you have a feast in front of you.]

"It would certainly be hard, but I don't plan on being separate for more than a day. Oh, I have to ask you, couldn't a hive mind like power or skill do the same thing. why are they not on the list," I ask?

[Powers like Hive Mind or similar powers or skills are not on the list because either they have requirements that you are not likely to meet in the near future or could be used but would have severe side effects if used at your current strength. The system is designed to help you not hurt you. That is why those three options are the most viable.]

"Well, thanks for looking out for me. I should think up a name for you, you have always been looking out for me, plus calling you System all the time seems impersonal," I say feeling bad I did not name the cute voice that helps me all the time. "I will think hard about it for a while and choose a good name for you," I declare.

[Although a name is unnecessary since you want to give me a name, I hope you pick a good one.]

"Don't worry, it will be the perfect name for you," I assure. "Now, can you confirm the purchase of the Mind Split skill," I ask the System, getting back on track.

[Obtaining Mind Split skill, deducting 20,000 GSP.]

As I purchased the Mind Split, I felt a blissful sensation come over me as the information on how to use the skill was poured into my mind. After I digested all the information, I begin to prepare myself for the process of splitting my mind. As soon as my mother put me back in my bed, I take a deep breath, then begin the process.

As I begin, I start to feel a mild headache. After a few seconds, it started to feel like someone was hitting my head with a sledgehammer. I grit my teeth, trying my hardest to endure the pain. Then, after what felt like an eternity, the pain finally stopped.

[You have successfully split 9.4% of your mind off, giving the split mind the intelligence equivalent of a smart baby. Would you like to give the split mind a nickname?]

"Let's nickname him Little Ash since he like a little me. By the way, why is the split 9.4%, instead of the 10% I was aiming for," I inquire, confused as to why that would happen?

[You are not proficient in the Mind Split skill and were in severe pain causing you to mess up the skill. With more practice, you will be able to use the skill better.]

"Well, I guess I should practice using it while mom is not here," I think to myself.

Recombining with Little Ash, I feel a refreshing feeling come over me. I then use the Mind Split again, but this time it was simply uncomfortable instead of extremely painful.

I continued to practice using the skill until my mother came in and picked me up.

"Your sister is back, don't you want to welcome her back? Let's go say hello, okay?"

38