Hired
2.9k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As my mother took me into the living room, I hear my sister at the front door.

"I'm back," Rose shouts happily as she comes through the door.

"Welcome home sweety, did you have fun at Jessica's birthday party," my mother asks her.

"It was super super fun. They had a bouncy castle, pizza, and cake. I wish you could have been there to see it," Rose exclaims.

"I'm sorry I could not be there sweetie, but I can't leave Ash alone until your father returns from his business trip," my mother says in a disheartened tone.

"I know mommy, can I hold Ash, please," Rose begs cutely.

"Sure, just sit on the couch and, I will give him to you," my mother says as Rose immediately runs to the couch.

"Okay, now gimme, please," Rose says.

"Haha, Okay here, make sure to be gentle with him," my mother says while snickering.

After my sister played with me for a couple of hours, I decided that instead of switching back to my avatar, I would get a full night's sleep, something I have not had in a while.

I wake up in the morning to the noise of feet walking and people talking, I feel refreshed, like a weight has been lifted off me. I look up, and I am in my mother's arms, in the living room. I hear a lady talking to my mother, and when I look to see who it is. I see a red-haired lady who looks a little older than my mother, talking to my mother.

"Looks like little Ashy is awake, sweety. Can I hold him for a bit," the lady asks my mother?

"Of course, mom, but after you are done holding him, I want you to do a check-up on him to make sure he is alright," my mother says while handing me to my grandmother.

"Oh no, is something wrong with him," my grandmother asks worriedly.

"He has been sleeping for long lengths of time, and when he is asleep, he sleeps very deeply. He gave me a scare quite a few times when he does that," my mother states.

"That is strange, but it shouldn't be life-threatening. I can do a preliminary check-up if you get the tools from my bag in the guest room, and it should be fine if I do not see anything unusual. To do a full check-up, it would take about a week for me to get the required tools. But, you should be too worried, or Ash will pick up on it," my grandmother tell my mother.

"Your right, I am probably overreacting, I have just been so worried since I found out he has his father's power," my mother says.

"He awakened his power so young," my grandmother exclaims. "Rose's power awakened young as well, way earlier than yours awakened at 14," she says while pondering. "We have to be extra careful to make sure no one finds out about his power. We both know what they did to Enzo."

"Yes, I will make sure to protect my son," my mother says as she leaves to get the tools for my grandmother.

My grandmother looks down at me and starts speaking, "Hello Ashy I'm your grandma, can you say, grandma," she says while playing with me.

"Ga... ga ma," I say to please my grandmother.

"Awww, you're so adorable. I wish James was here to see you. He would have loved to spoil his grandson," my grandmother says while looking a little sad. "James, dear, make sure to watch over your grandchild," my grandmother states as she is looking up.

I gather from what she is saying that James is my grandfather and that he has already passed away. Realizing this, I am a little sad that I won't get to meet him.

After my mother brings in the medical tools, and my grandmother finishes the check-up, I split my mind then go into my avatar.

Waking up as my avatar, I take a shower, so I am ready for the day. While in the shower, I have a thought, so I ask the System. "Will I know if my main body is in distress, or do I need to buy another item that you showed me?"

[Since you only split your mind, your body's are still of one soul. So if either mind is feeling excessive fear or other distress, the other will feel slightly uncomfortable or distressed.]

"Well that's good to know, I won't have to worry about that too much," I think to myself relieved.

Finishing my shower, I check the time and see it is only a little past 8 o'clock. Seeing that it was still a while till the meeting time, I decided to go to the company office down at the docks and check to make sure everything is running smoothly.

After looking around the office for a bit, it was almost time to meet with Amber. I walked over to the docks and waited for her.

After waiting for a little while, Amber shows up. She was wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

"Sorry for my clothes, as I mentioned before, I was kidnapped, so these are the only clothes I have," she says apologetically.

"It's fine. Let's go to the office so you can have a look around to see if you would like to work for me."

"Alright, let's go," Amber says excitedly

After walking for a few minutes, we arrive at the office. I take her to my office on the top floor.

"This is technically my office, but I am not here very often. If you decide to work for me, this would become your office, as you would manage almost everything. I won't lie to you, if you take this job it will not be easy. But, before talk anymore, do you have any questions you want me to answer," I ask her?

"Yes, can you tell me exactly I would be doing here," Amber asks seeming slightly intimidated

"You would be responsible for managing all of my businesses. You will hire managers when needed, and you will receive reports from these managers daily, you will then need to check these reports every other day," I say, then take a short breath.

'If there are no problems, you can file away the reports in the filing cabinet. If you find a small problem with the report, and you find there is something indeed wrong, you need to issue a punishment accordingly. If there is a big problem you need to notify me, and I will deal with it," I tell her with extra importance.

"You will also need to be, at the very least, present during any company meetings with any very important figures or dealings worth more than 1,000,000 USD," I tell her as I finish speaking.

"Wow, that is a lot of responsibility, do I get any say in the company? Also, what is the pay like," she asks, seeming overwhelmed?

"After 6 months, I will give you one percent interest in the parent company that will control all the other companies. You will be paid $1,250 bi-weekly for the first 6 months. Afterward, you will get a raise based on how well you do. If you want to have more say in the company, all you have to do is show that you can do a good job," I answer her.

"That's wonderful! I would love to work for you," Amber says, trying to suppress some of her excitement to look professional.

"Okay, let me show you around and introduce you to the workers."

37